Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Never has a piece of hardware made me rethink my PCB collection as much as that jammacon. There are so many amazing arcade ports on the Saturn it does almost feel like it makes the PCB versions redundant.

Definitely get one :)

I wholeheartedly agree :D

Although do NOT think of replacing your MVS with a Neogeo CD :eek: Unless you like juggling monkeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Lovely gets Cosmic. Who was the previous owner of the cab do you mind me asking?

Andrew, assuming the shmups you have in mind all had arcade releases, a PC running groovymame can't be beat!

I got the cab off Pyongyang when he was having his closing down sale. He had replaced the cp, sticks, buttons and a couple of other bits when he first got it. It's in the kitchen about three years now with the rest of my stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Recently got some PS1 goodness :)

ng3vur.jpg

30auhxu.jpg

34rx5ib.jpg

2j0m8vc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Got a few things during the dowtime.
    I finally got that psu for my super famicom but the console itself doesn't like my RGB SCART cables, the picture comes out washed out.
    Any ideas? Do I need a jp21 cable or something?

This also arrived before my actual saturn did.
    Xw9UCBO.jpg

I finally got that psu for my super famicom but the console itself doesn't like my RGB SCART cables, the picture comes out washed out.

Xw9UCBO.jpg

• Advertisement

Don't use a jp21 cable whatever you do, it may cause damage. Are you using a rgb cable for a SNES or is one for a SFC? They're not interchangeable.

Don't use a jp21 cable whatever you do, it may cause damage. Are you using a rgb cable for a SNES or is one for a SFC? They're not interchangeable.

SNES of course, was working perfect with my PAL one.
    Had no idea they weren't interchangable.

Time to put one on the shopping list, I got my one from this seller in the link below. Console Goods have rgb cables they claim will work with pal GC and SFC, although I have bought cables before from them sometimes the quality left a lot to be desired. There seems to be conflicting reports that the cable is interchangeable between GC and SFC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-stereo-RGB-SCART-lead-FULLY-SHIELDED-GROUNDED-cable-cord-US-SNES-/161548189620?hash=item259d05bfb4:g:h-gAAOSw-vlVgu8J

Got one of these today, yes just what I needed another MSX :)

800px-Sony_HitBit_HB-10P_%28White_Background%29.jpg

Also, a very clean C64 breadbin version.

• Advertisement

Time to put one on the shopping list, I got my one from this seller in the link below. Console Goods have rgb cables they claim will work with pal GC and SFC, although I have bought cables before from them sometimes the quality left a lot to be desired. There seems to be conflicting reports that the cable is interchangeable between GC and SFC.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-stereo-RGB-SCART-lead-FULLY-SHIELDED-GROUNDED-cable-cord-US-SNES-/161548189620?hash=item259d05bfb4:g:h-gAAOSw-vlVgu8J

I have a few cables to get buying atm too.
    The cheapo stuff is really really hit and miss, my ps2's SCART and component cables are holding up just fine after about 2 years, but everything for the dreamcast I got fell apart.

anyways just ordered one from your man at consolegoods
    Need to get RGB scart cables when my saturn gets here and replace the dreamcast ones along with the SFC ones

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Got one of those multi lights from Aldi for 7 blips.

Has a foldable stand along with magnets in a couple of places for hands free action.

Perfect for arcade cabinet service areas!

IMAG1141_zpstfkk6hpe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

airmax87 wrote: »

Xw9UCBO.jpg

Xw9UCBO.jpg

Since when da fcuk did this thread become Steve X2?

That DDOS attack has clearly confused the Boards Server! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Doge wrote: »
    Since when da fcuk did this thread become Steve X2?

That DDOS attack has clearly confused the Boards Server! ;)

91a3da64d70b5606a966d9e962fde2b11cffb3ce507c8276d4be5de58b0fd1f5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Here's that PS3 I picked up. It's in pretty ok shape and came with GTA 3. I'll only be using it to play PS2 imports.

05D39C21-F657-4963-A127-C1C036C498D7_zps4oxmhhux.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up a Pentaro (from Parodius) and another plush at Akuma over the weekend.
    https://www.msx.org/news/msx-related/en/penguins-memory-tale-happiness-1985-anime-movie-featuring-pentaro.
    Penta and Pengo and meant to meant Pentaro's parents apparently (Yume Penguin Monotaegari, Penguin Land ect.)
    Yume_Penguin_Monogatari_%28J%29-0.png
    Pengo is pink and Hanako from Parodius is orange, it took ages to figure out why the girl was blue too.
    EElIp0iHnKcZ0QfoanRvF2kWyUCx5V8X-3faLWzmvjiMym7JloBIR6bX00A31RBbhndO-Rc=s152
    EDIT: PHOTO LINK
    It's a bit big for a I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Here's that PS3 I picked up. It's in pretty ok shape and came with GTA 3. I'll only be using it to play PS2 imports.

05D39C21-F657-4963-A127-C1C036C498D7_zps4oxmhhux.jpg
    60Gb model?

It's on borrowed time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Don't be ridiculous, my launch 60gig only sounds like a cheap Sunday market generator like 65 percent of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

This came in today, ridiculous how the customs work here, reminds me a bit back home :) - they charged me for this item but not for the stack of PS games I got a few days ago (Lunar 1 + Lunar 2 + Arc the Lad collection), both came from South Korea.

29fcgtl.jpg

op0m8k.jpg

2h5ppo8.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice one, I remember spending ages looking for that game.

Think I got a PAL version as well which means I'll have to look for it again because 50 Hz is muck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MrVestek wrote: »
    60Gb model?

It's on borrowed time...

20GB. Seems to run great for now and the fans are silent (well, at a normal level). No dust or dirt in the vents and seems to be keeping itself cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

20GB. Seems to run great for now and the fans are silent (well, at a normal level). No dust or dirt in the vents and seems to be keeping itself cool.

Great news, my reballed 60GB is humming along, gets loud every now and again.

20 squids on adverts

P7L8gyg.jpg

*double post by accident*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I remember getting that in a bargain bin in Gamestop for €3 back when they were offloading all their ps1 stock. :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    I remember getting that in a bargain bin in Gamestop for €3 back when they were offloading all their ps1 stock. :)

30+ everywhere else I've seen it, so don't mind playing a score, as I'll actually play it :)

I know the rage gets a fair bit of stick but the price of games has risen dramatically over the last four or five years. It's getting harder to find some of the more sought after games at a decent price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know the rage gets a fair bit of stick but the price of games has risen dramatically over the last four or five years. It's getting harder to find some of the more sought after games at a decent price.

Yeah, but RAGE were charging 2016 prices in 2012!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, but RAGE were charging 2016 prices in 2012!

80 euros for a pal version of kof is savage value what are you smoking pal :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

30+ everywhere else I've seen it, so don't mind playing a score, as I'll actually play it :)

Hate to break up the party here but the PS1 port of FF6 is horrible. If you must, you'd be better off playing on an emulator. The music sounds horrendous and the game is broken up by excessively long load times for simple actions like even just opening and closing the menu or before and after a random battle which totally grinds the game to a halt. One bit is even totally broken by these, it's next to impossible in this version to rescue one character since the section is timed and the timer still counts during the load screen before and after battle. It's all exacerbated by a typical shoddy Squaresoft PAL port.

Do yourself a favour and play it on an emulator, it's a much better game (or the decent GBA port).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement