Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

airmax87 wrote: »
    80 euros for a pal version of kof is savage value what are you smoking pal :rolleyes:

I suppose anybody buying pal ps2 fighters must be mad, especially when a language barrier is not going to be an issue. I can't remember when I last bought pal ps games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I suppose anybody buying pal ps2 fighters must be mad, especially when a language barrier is not going to be an issue. I can't remember when I last bought pal ps games.

Another who suckles at Retro's "no Ntsc, no way" teat...

OK, might have gotten sick there a little....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Another who suckles at Retro's "no Ntsc, no way" teat...

OK, might have gotten sick there a little....

I wouldn't say that's true, the prices of a lot of pal games are going crazy at the moment. I just wouldn't be paying more for a game that I can get cheaper somewhere else. As I said if the language wasn't going to be an issue why would you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm completely NTSC for PS1 games. You get the superior version of the game and the price is usually much cheaper. I'd only really pick up pal games if it's a PAL exclusive or exclusive in English.

Like the N64 there's no way to force 60 Hz properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,961 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

airmax87 wrote: »
    80 euros for a pal version of kof is savage value what are you smoking pal :rolleyes:

Which King of Fighters did they price at 80? I legit can't think of one entry in the series that could command that kinda price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Which King of Fighters did they price at 80? I legit can't think of one entry in the series that could command that kinda price.
    it was a pal version of kof 95, but still

edit : just seen the other posts, it was for the saturn, so no 60hz selector even

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up the non retro Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D today for 16 in Argos.
    And a copy of Tropical Freeze for a fellow Boardsie for 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Found this in the local charity shop for €2. Pick it up if you see it as the pal version still sells for €25+ on eBay.

481BE1AB-7ABD-4F4F-8CA1-B7FDF6F3482E_zpsiyuabvun.jpg

That's a fantastic find.
    Now to find one that'll help you with this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Every gamestop I have gone into that has had Style Boutique for the DS has never had the cartridge for it, just the box. Well I found out why recently. It's filed under N, not S as in Nintendo presents Style Boutique. So if anyone is getting frustrated trying to find this DS gem then you'll know not to make the same mistakes as me!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Every gamestop I have gone into that has had Style Boutique for the DS has never had the cartridge for it, just the box. Well I found out why recently. It's filed under N, not S as in Nintendo presents Style Boutique. So if anyone is getting frustrated trying to find this DS gem then you'll know not to make the same mistakes as me!

You were buying Style Boutique.....
    Well... Good luck with that...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You were buying Style Boutique.....
    Well... Good luck with that...

I feel no shame because the series is secretly great. It's also really funny since the localisation is great and all the customers are insane which makes it a lot of fun. Definitely worth trying the series if you like management sims with a bit of humour.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I feel no shame because the series is secretly great. It's also really funny since the localisation is great and all the customers are insane which makes it a lot of fun. Definitely worth trying the series if you like management sims with a bit of humour.

Well, that's me out....

A sweet 8 2600 games on the way to me, including a favourite of mine, QBert!

Picked up Wally McChest-High vs The Aliens for the Xbox One, sorry I mean Gears of War Ultimate Ed for the same console, gas to think that game is 10 years old this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up one of these on Friday. It's an original DMG-01 Game Boy from some Euro new old stock(I got one before i went and ordered a bunch).

Also, a baby girl, just the one this time :)

ULxme3y.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Congrats Steve...............the DMG-01 is the best model :D Nah indeed, congrats, & enjoy....great times :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Congratulations. Nice wrapping job on that baby aswell...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Picked up one of these on Friday. It's an original DMG-01 Game Boy from some Euro new old stock(I got one before i went and ordered a bunch).

Also, a baby girl, just the one this time :)

ULxme3y.jpg

Nice, Congrats Steve, on the Baby! The gameboy too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Congrats !! You may as well sell all your retro gear now as you'll have no more free time !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Congratulations Steve.
    Got one of them myself last year, at least you've 2 of everything so as she breaks all your stuff you've spares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Congratulations Steve.
    Got one of them myself last year, at least you've 2 of everything so as she breaks all your stuff you've spares.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Great stuff Steve congratulations! And of course...

11db2e8927f94540e06aceff20761504ae6f5ecb06839d918113101eb30d7baa.jpg

My OCD for detail has me curious about that Game Boy screen though. Is it damaged or is that a reflection on it? Thought it was a game for a sec but it's not turned on. Solve the mystery please. :o
    Thargor wrote: »
    Nice wrapping job on that baby aswell...

That has to be the mother, no father has wrapping skills that good. :)

Congrats Steve!

Let me know when you start selling the collection off to pay for nappies!

Congratulations Steve, wonderful news!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Congratulations to both of ye, the photo is so cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Wow, your latest 3D print looks so lifelike! :pac:

Congratulations Steve.

She was born with more hair on her head than most of us have now! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Doge wrote: »
    She was born with more hair on her head than most of us have now! :eek:

very hairy baby you say?

lpjQQhc3_400x400.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    My OCD for detail has me curious about that Game Boy screen though. Is it damaged or is that a reflection on it? Thought it was a game for a sec but it's not turned on. Solve the mystery please. :o

That has to be the mother, no father has wrapping skills that good. :)

It's just a reflection on the Game Boy screen, its all minty fresh.

As for baby Belles wrapping, my style is more the bad than good below :)

baby+2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    It's just a reflection on the Game Boy screen, its all minty fresh.

As for baby Belles wrapping, my style is more the bad than good below :)

baby+2.jpg

AkIQzl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement