Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Congrats Steve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Well done Steve on the recent get for your collection. I will check the marketplace everyday now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Congrats Steve!

How long till she finds your Apple 1 after eating a jam sandwich I wonder? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Congrats Steve!

How long till she finds your Apple 1 after eating a jam sandwich I wonder? :D

It's stored in a jam proof container, in a jam proof locker, in a jam proof building :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    It's stored in a jam proof container, in a jam proof locker, in a jam proof building :)

I found that the time you realise that a child can get to something you thought they couldn't, is when you see them walking by with it, both covered in nutella, even if you don't have nutella in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I found that the time you realise that a child can get to something you thought they couldn't, is when you see them walking by with it, both covered in nutella, even if you don't have nutella in the house.

Or you at least hope it's Nutella.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Or you at least hope it's Nutella.

Indeed.
    There were times that Cidonalad really upset his father, with the things he defiled with drool, potentially ruining resale value for sure.
    Thankfully, much retrogoodness isn't absorbent so, a good wipedown later, good as new.
    And cleaned the child as well, natch....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

resale value

A staple factor in any retro item for Cidey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

couple of recent car boot sale grabs. The start of the year has been very dry but things are picking up :)
    12484823_10153885425638276_877025940541684349_o.jpg
    1425576_10153913496173276_4781695288974974380_n.jpg?oh=46358be3db0889aacaf910e5c54bf2fb&oe=573A380D

Myrddin wrote: »
    A staple factor in any retro item for Cidey :P

You
    Heartless
    B@stard!

• Advertisement

I have said it before but I love Ace Combat on the PS, just play it on hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it's funny I know that I played it, I just can't remember it :) , so re-playing it now feels kinda fresh and it's quite fun :D

BGOllie wrote: »
    it's funny I know that I played it, I just can't remember it :) , so re-playing it now feels kinda fresh and it's quite fun :D

Ace Combat was launched weeks after the PS release, but it still plays great, the visuals are nice and stark, and the game resisted the sci-fi vibe Ace Combat 3 had going on, for some reason. Some thought the colour palette bland, but I just liked the simulation feeling going on, despite it's arcade origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah have to say I enjoyed Ace Combat a lot. For the time, it was quite 'sim' like, while being accessible and fun in an arcadey way too. Never followed on the series after it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

BGOllie wrote: »
    couple of recent car boot sale grabs. The start of the year has been very dry but things are picking up :)

so will you be changing your name to Bongo Guy Ollie then?

The second one looks quite advanced, even now

But there was such a great jump, from first year PS releases to their followups,
    Destruction Derby

Wipeout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Indeed.
    There were times that Cidonalad really upset his father, with the things he defiled with drool, potentially ruining resale value for sure.
    Thankfully, much retrogoodness isn't absorbent so, a good wipedown later, good as new.
    And cleaned the child as well, natch....

My 18month old at the time (now four) dropped a one cent coin down the air vent at the top of my somewhat expensive home cinema amp. Resulted in a short circuit and power but no sound.

Took almost 350 euro, a part repair from an irish company and leap of faith sending one of the pcbs inside to a german repair company to get back to working order.

My 18month old at the time (now four) dropped a one cent coin down the air vent at the top of my somewhat expensive home cinema amp. Resulted in a short circuit and power but no sound.

Took almost 350 euro, a part repair from an irish company and leap of faith sending one of the pcbs inside to a german repair company to get back to working order.

A silvermint from a child knocked out the VCR at home, I fixed it on one of my infrequent trips to the folks.
    Kids see device with a slot=post box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Kids see device with a slot=post box

That's it exactly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Is it yoghurt proof though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked this up, apparently its got a 100% working A board which is the main reason I bought it, never played Pang3 but Super Pang is awesome, so I'm guessing its gonna be good.
    Now to test it, then list all my faulty A boards, I think I've 4 at this stage.
    2441bn6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Have to love Japanese sellers including green tea!

Been looking forward to checking this out as I love the genki series of racing games.

F8000024-E70B-4738-9308-EB07BDCC9789_zpsrvlbfdgr.jpg

Picked this up, apparently its got a 100% working A board which is the main reason I bought it, never played Pang3 but Super Pang is awesome, so I'm guessing its gonna be good.
    Now to test it, then list all my faulty A boards, I think I've 4 at this stage.
    2441bn6.jpg
    I looooovvvvve Pang ! Always tempted by the dynamite !

Only have it on the SNES, an excellent game alright.
    Think I first played it on an Amiga somewhere.

Only have it on the SNES, an excellent game alright.
    Think I first played it on an Amiga somewhere.

Played it a lot in the local arcade back in the day.
    Nice get.

Well it works, only got to play a level or two but I think it'll be staying in the cabinet for a while.
    Definitely a good buy and one of the cheaper CPS1 games, came with an A board too so now I can play Ghouls N Ghosts, Final Fight and convert the other 2 games I have to something interesting :)

Well it works, only got to play a level or two but I think it'll be staying in the cabinet for a while.
    Definitely a good buy and one of the cheaper CPS1 games, came with an A board too so now I can play Ghouls N Ghosts, Final Fight and convert the other 2 games I have to something interesting :)

So is it just a different connector instead of a jamma harness or an addon to the jamma harness?

eddhorse wrote: »
    So is it just a different connector instead of a jamma harness or an addon to the jamma harness?

I don't know what that other connector on the B board is for, it's just a normal CPS1 A+C so its just plugged directly into my standard JAMMA harness and I've tested it with my other B+C games:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Don't some of A boards run at different frequencies so they're all completely interchangeable ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement