Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Don't some of A boards run at different frequencies so they're all completely interchangeable ?
    I'm not sure, to be honest I thought all A's were pretty much the same, I've 4 or 5 A boards and they all work with the 5 games I have tried(GNG, FinalFight, Pang3, Magic Sword, captain commando, King of Dragons), albeit 4 of them A boards have different graphic or audio faults from barely noticeable to major.
    Isn't it the C boards which differ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

I'm not sure, to be honest I thought all A's were pretty much the same, I've 4 or 5 A boards and they all work with the 5 games I have tried(GNG, FinalFight, Pang3, Magic Sword, captain commando), albeit 4 of them A boards have different graphic or audio faults from barely noticeable to major.

They cps1 aboards are all interchangeable ..iirc there is something about 10 /12 mhz crystals or whatever but it doesn't stop them from working.
    The reason some work with other games when faulty on others is some use the ram differently or not all of it but most of the time it still doesn't work .
    Pang3 is ace though
    C boards do differ and some are unique ,willow being 1

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Not retro by any means but I consider it a retro style... if that makes any sense.

Picked this up on Steam at launch and enjoyed it so thought I'd grab the Vita release for the commute:

376804.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro by any means but I consider it a retro style... if that makes any sense.

Picked this up on Steam at launch and enjoyed it so thought I'd grab the Vita release for the commute:

376804.jpg

How much did that set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much did that set you back?

50 delivered... I know, a bit steep but I wanted an excuse to dust off the Vita.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked this up, apparently its got a 100% working A board which is the main reason I bought it, never played Pang3 but Super Pang is awesome, so I'm guessing its gonna be good.
    Now to test it, then list all my faulty A boards, I think I've 4 at this stage.
    2441bn6.jpg
    Well it works, only got to play a level or two but I think it'll be staying in the cabinet for a while.
    Definitely a good buy and one of the cheaper CPS1 games, came with an A board too so now I can play Ghouls N Ghosts, Final Fight and convert the other 2 games I have to something interesting :)
    I don't know what that other connector on the B board is for, it's just a normal CPS1 A+C so its just plugged directly into my standard JAMMA harness and I've tested it with my other B+C games:pac:
    Don't some of A boards run at different frequencies so they're all completely interchangeable ?
    I'm not sure, to be honest I thought all A's were pretty much the same, I've 4 or 5 A boards and they all work with the 5 games I have tried(GNG, FinalFight, Pang3, Magic Sword, captain commando, King of Dragons), albeit 4 of them A boards have different graphic or audio faults from barely noticeable to major.
    Isn't it the C boards which differ?
    geotrig wrote: »
    They cps1 aboards are all interchangeable ..iirc there is something about 10 /12 mhz crystals or whatever but it doesn't stop them from working.
    The reason some work with other games when faulty on others is some use the ram differently or not all of it but most of the time it still doesn't work .
    Pang3 is ace though
    C boards do differ and some are unique ,willow being 1

It's times like this I'm glad I don't collect boards, all I'm thinking is wtf:confused:

6cr5d9Mxi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Been a bit quiet with the purchases as of late, but here are a few things I've picked up over the week. Couldn't pass up Xenoblade at the recent Argos price..still only 20 hours into the first one! :eek:

Stuff_zpsdepmoqtz.jpg

Oddly, I've also picked up a Gundam addiction for some reason :pac:

gundam_zpslbvqvwvw.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Havent had a chance to test it yet but new famicom shaped famiclone ..its a NOAC of course but its decent enough and cheap (20 quid delivered ), (also its PAL)
    d99.png

I was going to recommend a cart from aliexpress but if it's pal I'm not sure it would work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

o1s1n wrote: »
    Been a bit quiet with the purchases as of late, but here are a few things I've picked up over the week. Couldn't pass up Xenoblade at the recent Argos price..still only 20 hours into the first one! :eek:

Oddly, I've also picked up a Gundam addiction for some reason :pac:

gundam_zpslbvqvwvw.jpg

Where did you order the Gundams? They look brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Is that the everdrive clone?
    I got the console from the the funnily named banggood who do a few ..er compliation famicom carts..for about a fiver each.
    Anyway other than being really light it worked fine ..had it working with an FC->NES adaptor too which again caused no problems..
    Only downside is I reckon its running at 50hz ..need to test it with Nemesis to be sure though...

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Is that the everdrive clone?
    I got the console from the the funnily named banggood who do a few ..er compliation famicom carts..for about a fiver each.
    Anyway other than being really light it worked fine ..had it working with an FC->NES adaptor too which again caused no problems..
    Only downside is I reckon its running at 50hz ..need to test it with Nemesis to be sure though...

No, just multicarts, they seem to sell them on Banggood too. They're slightly cheaper on aliexpress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Fostering this one as well for the same friend who's getting Goemon:

nq2yjb.jpg

I hope I don't get too attached to these games :(

Fostering this one as well for the same friend who's getting Goemon:

nq2yjb.jpg

I hope I don't get too attached to these games :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

marko93 wrote: »
    Where did you order the Gundams? They look brilliant!

Forbidden Planet in Dublin had a set of them downstairs - I snapped up this bad boy (currently being built)

840f7fd8135a7c1e7fc1dc0d2b094f8f.jpg

Pics up when it's done!

There's a nice Gundam GC console bundle, console, GBA player, game and model.

gundam-gamecube.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

2600 goodies arrived this morning, courtesy of Corholio.
    TpqCWMum.jpg
    Especially wanted QBert, and now I have it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hercule wrote: »
    Forbidden Planet in Dublin had a set of them downstairs - I snapped up this bad boy (currently being built)

Yep! That's where I got mine alright. You can get them cheaper on Amazon, but they weren't bank breaking or anything. Most expensive one was 26 euro.

There's a nice Gundam GC console bundle, console, GBA player, game and model.

gundam-gamecube.jpg

That set is just fantastic, I think they are going for quite a bit nowadays.

Tchoin wrote: »
    That set is just fantastic, I think they are going for quite a bit nowadays.

I hadn't realised that they had risen that much, I picked one about ten years ago, it was never used and everything except the console is still sealed. I bought it of a guy from the UK, he had the console in a display case, it's too nice to keep in a box.

IMG_20160205_134655_zpsdz9dypah.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Hercule wrote: »

840f7fd8135a7c1e7fc1dc0d2b094f8f.jpg

Pics up when it's done!

God I used to love Gundam Wing so much. Thanks! Will have to pop in the next time I'm in town.

Not Retro, but picked up the Uncharted remaster trilogy for the PS4 from a guy for €20, off of Adverts.
    Pretty good deal, same game would have sold for cash in CEX for €22, €31 credit.
    Looking forward to playing through some of them again, when I find the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

First thing I played with I got the PS4 at Xmas :) Third one is a little damp compared to the epic second game though.

Oh and to stay on topic... MSX 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

First thing I played with I got the PS4 at Xmas :) Third one is a little damp compared to the epic second game though.

Oh and to stay on topic... MSX 2

I'm looking forward to trying the first game but this time without the sixaxis nonsense.

Picked up Darksiders 2 for the WiiU for a budget-tastic €8
    I'll probably never play it but.... Well, twas cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I didn't need this and have nothing to play it on but sure look.
    uvMlHk7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I didn't need this and have nothing to play it on but sure look.
    uvMlHk7.png

I hadn't realised that they had risen that much, I picked one about ten years ago, it was never used and everything except the console is still sealed. I bought it of a guy from the UK, he had the console in a display case, it's too nice to keep in a box.

IMG_20160205_134655_zpsdz9dypah.jpg

Indeed, it is a beautiful edition! :D

7377.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A few bits in the post this morning. Got a good deal on the silent hills, £4 each and happy to finally add mr moskeeto to the collection. Prices for pal versions have gone up recently so got the jap version instead. Cruisn USA was only €2 in the rage so had to pick it up. Loved the arcade version back in the day.

83E6050D-E6AD-4B00-A825-0BA15123AC4C_zps8bqiizbk.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement