Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Say hello to my little friend

P1000547_zps9cxkmdab.jpgP1000549_zpsnz81xmek.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

A few bits in the post this morning. Got a good deal on the silent hills, £4 each and happy to finally add mr moskeeto to the collection. Prices for pal versions have gone up recently so got the jap version instead. Cruisn USA was only €2 in the rage so had to pick it up. Loved the arcade version back in the day.

83E6050D-E6AD-4B00-A825-0BA15123AC4C_zps8bqiizbk.jpg

Is the first one some kind of obscure foot fetish game or something? :p

You really buy the strangest of PS 2 games!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Doge wrote: »

Judging by some of the mad **** on isozone, there is probably a foot fetish game out there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr Moskeeto got a PAL release as well, though it's cover is far more boring than a foot, I have it in the collection myself.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Mr Moskeeto got a PAL release as well, though it's cover is far more boring than a foot, I have it in the collection myself.

Just had a look at a gameplay.....
    ...a foot fetish game would have been less strange! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's a testament to the breadth of the PS2 library, something we will probably never see again, aside from the DS/3DS, which as an equally impressive selection available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

It's a testament to the breadth of the PS2 library, something we will probably never see again, aside from the DS/3DS, which as an equally impressive selection available.

favorite console for that reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wonder if it was Mr Mosquito that inspired Octodad and I am Bread and a few others like those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I just remember seeing it advertised in a magazine back in the day and really wanted to play it. Never managed to find a copy though.

I went a bit mad over the last week buying ps2 games so here's another one (and a better picture of the Mr moskeeto cover):

7822C17B-3938-4999-846E-B899DEEF4905_zpsuzpephkg.jpg

I believe it's Ultimate Vol. 3: Saisoku! Zokusha King which I think translates to ultimate family car King or something. It got localised here as maxxed out racing and is a pretty low budget racing game. Doesn't look to be great either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

There are some crazy games available, a lot of them are fairly reasonable. I saw that foot before on the cover and wondered what it was about, I never guessed it was about mosquitoes.

• Advertisement

I still love Fantavision, a tech demo turned launch game got the PS2.
    It has a lovely Retro/future aesthetic in the cut scenes and is still beautiful to play on a big ass plasma.
    Bizarre Creations tried, and failed, to improve on the concept with their Boom Boom Rocket title for the 360, shortly before they imploded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fantavision is one of those games I've seen around since the launch of the PS2 and for whatever reason, not only do I still not own a copy, I haven't even ever seen a video of what it looks like.

In my head it's all orange fireworks displays, a la a fizzed up bottle of Fanta.

Youtube should have a gameplay video that can satisfy your curiosity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ah fantavision is a good bit of fun, definitely pick it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Finally got my hands on one :)

24316250143_44f51b5dc9_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Finally got my hands on one :)

24316250143_44f51b5dc9_b.jpg

Wow, looks like you got two!
    And in exactly the same condition!
    You're not a Steve clone in real life, which, in itself, would not be a surprise at all if there turned out to be two of him....

The last few bits that the postman delivered,

IMG_20160204_213346_zpslj8yurs7.jpg
    IMG_20160204_135649_zpsezcriihf_edit_1454602547617_zpskg3skjc2.jpg
    IMG_20160207_195300_zps495th8al.jpg

One I'm looking forward to trying out and the other is beers material. You can work out which one I'll need the fan translation for.

IMG_20160210_193708_zpsmanm5xm9.jpg
    IMG_20160210_191343_zpssy6fty8k.jpg

I've been collecting some of the ps2 Sega Ages 2500 series over the past few years. The early ones aren't that great but the later ones are pretty good. The emulation to me is very good, there is the option of different regional variations, English menus in the Genesis version, The later ones also have the option of playing in different resolutions including 240p.
    I never play the Phantasy Star games so it all new to me.

IMG_20160204_153431_zpskxa6qelt_edit_1454603168849_zpsewzalqgy.jpg
    IMG_20160204_135328_zpswcm0pz69.jpg

I couldn't resist these when they popped up on Steve Bailey's page. I sold a Megadrive set a while ago and regretted it. Just in time for The Walking Dead coming back.

IMG_20160205_092939_zpsby2oazt4.jpg

You're not a Steve clone in real life, which, in itself, would not be a surprise at all if there turned out to be two of him....

I'd say he could do with a clone at this stage so one can post on here and the other can mind the baby!

I dont think we'll be seeing him on as much thats for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Extreme NTSC-J goodness :)

• Advertisement

That copy of Wipeout 3 looks amazing!
    I love that they preserved the Designers Republic efforts in art style over there, while the Euro release got away from it.
    8937_front.jpg

While the Special Edition looks much better
    yo3dV.jpg

Though the jap edition you picked up looks better again, fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd say he could do with a clone at this stage so one can post on here and the other can mind the baby!

I dont think we'll be seeing him on as much thats for sure.

I've built a device from old arcade parts and a raspberry Pi 2 that can look after the baby :)

I ain't going nowhere ;)

Though the jap edition you picked up looks better again, fantastic!

That was the last one I wanted, that game evolved over the releases. It looks a lot better than early PS2 games and there's a great sense of speed when playing it.

That was the last one I wanted, that game evolved over the releases. It looks a lot better than early PS2 games and there's a great sense of speed when playing it.

Some disliked the move from the neon future of 2097 to the more muted tones and angular craft of 3, but I loved it.
    And the Special Edition just made it better.
    The PS2 game, Wipeout Fusion, want the best but it has great outings on the PSP and crowned it with stunning releases on the PS3 with HD/Fury and the Vita prequel.
    Sadly, with the demise of Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis there appears little momentum for a new entry into the franchise, which is a pity.
    The games seemed to bring a western concept of future racing to life, in contrast with the brilliant FZero, keeping the torch lit for Amiga players of games like Powerdrome, itself getting an excellent PS2 update.

I would suggest, as I always do, that lovers of the PS Wipeout titles play Rollcage and its sequel, also on that console, it's stunning. There was a third game too, called Firebugs, no official connection to the previous two games but the gameplay is the same, with some new weapons, new tracks and less of a sci-fi feel overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Some disliked the move from the neon future of 2097 to the more muted tones and angular craft of 3, but I loved it.
    And the Special Edition just made it better.
    The PS2 game, Wipeout Fusion, want the best but it has great outings on the PSP and crowned it with stunning releases on the PS3 with HD/Fury and the Vita prequel.
    Sadly, with the demise of Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis there appears little momentum for a new entry into the franchise, which is a pity.
    The games seemed to bring a western concept of future racing to life, in contrast with the brilliant FZero, keeping the torch lit for Amiga players of games like Powerdrome, itself getting an excellent PS2 update.

I would suggest, as I always do, that lovers of the PS Wipeout titles play Rollcage and its sequel, also on that console, it's stunning. There was a third game too, called Firebugs, no official connection to the previous two games but the gameplay is the same, with some new weapons, new tracks and less of a sci-fi feel overall.

Formula fusion is being developed by the ex wipeout devs for PC and ps4. I just noticed its on early release on steam, so must give it a shot.

I hit the mother load.

u_SbiBuZoEwwSGTI8mPsrxkqLZ0G4aQEafH-n-BboGYqH24brmPd3aT9VXpK-Nt3eceN-A=w522-h390-p-k-nu

ab_2kNWeyR1l2HDSzIZTUHPHh1jLImXiJRo3KchFQ57lla04Ruidee56tkbytFqsTMpvXw=w522-h390-p-k-nu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I hit the mother load.

Nice , where'd you steal them?

They popped up on dungdeal this morning.
    Got the lot for 75 off a really nice lady .
    She's had them for 20 years.
    All originals .
    Going to look good on my arcade wall!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Been a while since I posted a get. Picked up some uncommon SNES games lately, friend in London picked up Spawn in one of those Cash Converter type stores there for £15, so very happy with that. Brawl Brothers another one that's quite pricey these days. Another one in the post as well that I'm very pleased to get.

2e6ahyq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Bought some magic foam from Amazon with pre-cut squares, a few minutes later and voila! My desk drawer now securely holds some of my handhelds :D

24597248399_16e01dcdb5_b.jpgAiAVVCKwHzYkQ-y8GjPlaQvw2Mc_cNb8cs4yOWAYU4Jg by Tchoin, on Flickr

24338009763_2f6886be56_b.jpgIMG_20160211_193350 by Tchoin, on Flickr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement