Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Bought some magic foam from Amazon with pre-cut squares, a few minutes later and voila! My desk drawer now securely holds some of my handhelds :D

24597248399_16e01dcdb5_b.jpgAiAVVCKwHzYkQ-y8GjPlaQvw2Mc_cNb8cs4yOWAYU4Jg by Tchoin, on Flickr

24338009763_2f6886be56_b.jpgIMG_20160211_193350 by Tchoin, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I hit the mother load.

u_SbiBuZoEwwSGTI8mPsrxkqLZ0G4aQEafH-n-BboGYqH24brmPd3aT9VXpK-Nt3eceN-A=w522-h390-p-k-nu

ab_2kNWeyR1l2HDSzIZTUHPHh1jLImXiJRo3KchFQ57lla04Ruidee56tkbytFqsTMpvXw=w522-h390-p-k-nu

What is it? No pics showing in the post for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

What is it? No pics showing in the post for me

I've never seen one before, no one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Arcade Marquees, look minty as well.

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I'll give that Defender one a good home and give you a proper aged one so you don't feel left out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

Spares for sale now listed in the marketplace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

fix quick reply there, sound

Great day for the parish, ordered some RGB SCART cables too, but now I have to hold myself back on ebay for games as I'm TRYING to save for a laptop..

Bedsheets are from sega homeware dept

12710716_501284023387230_4935203050433253778_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Don't worry, Pseudo Saturn will help you save for the laptop. Mozie told me about it and I haven't looked back.

• Advertisement

Don't worry, Pseudo Saturn will help you save for the laptop. Mozie told me about it and I haven't looked back.
    Yeah I'm gonna do that tomorrow morning, the thing is, the only TV in my gaff that has S-VIDEO (only cable I have atm) is my brothers early lcd hdtv :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

These are going cheap on Amazon.de at the moment. (Brand new, €20 delivered)

7E2FD4BD-C200-491E-B202-74C56356C23A_zpsx8prgwqe.jpg

These are going cheap on Amazon.de at the moment. (Brand new, €20 delivered)

7E2FD4BD-C200-491E-B202-74C56356C23A_zpsx8prgwqe.jpg

I bought my wii for 20 euro :pac:

These are going cheap on Amazon.de at the moment. (Brand new, €20 delivered

Thanks for that, just ordered it there. That's a great price, the last time I was looking at that game it around 60 euro for an used copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Be careful if your buying them for value as it's the UK versions that are the higher valued ones, the price for the German copies are a lot lower. I'm almost sure they are a Konami re-print as well as Hudson were the original developer and of course now no longer exist so I would expect the Hudson ones to be the more valuable copies.

The Amazon page does show it as Hudson copy so if you get a Konami one that's a bit misleading imo.

Be careful if your buying them for value as it's the UK versions that are the higher valued ones, the price for the German copies are a lot lower. I'm almost sure they are a Konami re-print as well as Hudson were the original developer and of course now no longer exist so I would expect the Hudson ones to be the more valuable copies.

The Amazon page does show it as Hudson copy so if you get a Konami one that's a bit misleading imo.

I know it's not meant to be great but I don't mind spending 20 euro on it. I wouldn't be giving 60 no matter what was on the cover.

It is an an interesting point you made about the reissues, will it be something we see more of in the years to come? Games that have been reissued years after their first release, with little or no change made to the box, I think all the value editions of games may put some collectors off. The less a game is altered may make it more appealing. I know myself I'd normally prefer an original release and wouldn't bother with value editions. In this instance there's not much off a difference looking at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I never really mind if a game is a first edition or a reprint in some sort of budget range, as long as the game itself is the same or, in the case of some, a GotY edition with all the DLC included.

sugarman wrote: »
    I see CEX have raised their prices again across all platforms:mad:

Most have gone up at least 2 quid, but some of the GC games for example have gone up €5/10/15!

hopefully that will stop me hoarding ps2 games i dont play

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I never really mind if a game is a first edition or a reprint in some sort of budget range, as long as the game itself is the same or, in the case of some, a GotY edition with all the DLC included.

I think the goty edition's are great, you're getting the most out of the game without paying more money for the dlc. The one thing I dislike about the newer games are the ability to buy your way to victory, it's sad but a sign of the world we live in today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

GOTY editions are great, simply for the fact that the dlc is usually on the disc which means that in the future when Xbox live/PSN are eventually shut down, you can still access that content.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GOTY editions are great, simply for the fact that the dlc is usually on the disc which means that in the future when Xbox live/PSN are eventually shut down, you can still access that content.

I really must pick up both Arkham Asylum and City's Goty editions soon, they're fairly cheap right now and packed with content.

It is an an interesting point you made about the reissues, will it be something we see more of in the years to come? Games that have been reissued years after their first release, with little or no change made to the box, I think all the value editions of games may put some collectors off. The less a game is altered may make it more appealing. I know myself I'd normally prefer an original release and wouldn't bother with value editions. In this instance there's not much off a difference looking at it.

It definitely could happen, although in this case I think it's a bit specific because Konami bought Hudson Soft and then dissolved the company. It seems they then just reissued the game under the Konami name, how much of a run that itself got is hard to tell, it could end up being the Konami run of copies may have been even less.

So, which is more valuable, Demon's Souls the local edition or the Asian one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, which is more valuable, Demon's Souls the local edition or the Asian one?

I read that as Alsatian. :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    I read that as Alsatian. :pac:

Woof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

sugarman wrote: »
    I see CEX have raised their prices again across all platforms:mad:

Most have gone up at least 2 quid, but some of the GC games for example have gone up €5/10/15!

?? No they didn't. Actually most consoles dropped by €10/15. Plenty of price drops too. Certain games did rise dramatically Fallout 3 being an example, think that shot up by over 15 quid recently. Which games?

GameCube games are very very rarely in stock at all and when they are, they are bought within minutes by online snipers and appear 3x the price in a shop elsewhere anyway ;)

*keep forgetting quick reply is broken*

• Advertisement

Forgot to post this the other day.

Ca39B9IW0AAar33.jpg:large

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement