Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Great game that. Only discovered it a few months ago!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Sailor Moon eh? How's it play? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Linoud wrote: »
    Sailor Moon eh? How's it play? :p

Side scrolling beat em up. Ciderman would love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

sugarman wrote: »
    All GC games have gone up. They regularly have common stock available.

For example,

Resi 1 was €6 now €12
    Resi 4 was €12 now €20
    Pikimin was €8 now €15
    Mario Sunshine was €15 now €25
    Eternal Darkness was €6 now €18
    Metroid Prime was €8 now €18
    Doubledash was €18 now €25

Most others have gone up a euro a 2, even Fifa has doubled in price!

Every PS2 game has also gone up 50c/€1/2.

DS/3DS games also on the rise. Mario Party Island tour 3DS was €25 now €32

If you don't believe me, I can happily attach receipts.

Oh I believe you, I work there. it must be the raise after the drop before Christmas. Prices tend to drop at Christmas to push sales if stock is high enough etc. Then raise back up to increase stock (higher price = better trade in) when low.

I must have missed the drop as without them in stock I'd have to search the titles and remember the individuals.

My bad.

Good news is there is talk of adding SNES/N64/Mega drive games to the system :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Side scrolling beat em up. Ciderman would love it :pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

sugarman wrote: »
    Prices weren't dropped/raised, I check stock on a daily basis and that was never standard practice when I also worked there during college a few years back.

Higher price doesn't equal better trade value either. Its actually same and in some cases less than what it was previously.

Again, I can dig out receipts to show prices have only gone upwards.

I was more talking about how the pricing works in general. Yes the prices do drop/raise and it would have been the same when you worked there.

Pricing is done both by a pricing team and automatically based on holding across stores etc.
    Take Kirbys epic yarn on Wii. Was over €25 euro. Dropped to €12 before christmas then raised back up to €15.

That's the kind of thing I'm on about.

The price increase across the board for Cube software I missed. That's why I said my bad ;)
    They have all had a fairly dramatic increase but without actually being in work or checking the website it's easily missed.

Makes sense unfortunately. Like twilight princess was selling for under €60 iirc. It was being snapped up within minutes and appearing in a shop down the road at €100 two days later.

Or Resi 2 on the cube was €15 but being bought and flipped for over €80. Guess pricing finally said screw it and brought them closer to what competitors were demanding.

There is never a chance for customers that call into stores to browse or buy cube games due to 4/5 online buyers who clear out the entire stock daily. Maybe they hope the increase will lead to some sort of balance.

Oh well :(

Did pick up timesplitters 2 for a fiver on Friday so its not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What is it?

streets of rage with yungwans in school uniforms

airmax87 wrote: »
    streets of rage with yungwans in school uniforms

Could have been worse, could have been a white hole, whatever that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nothing too amazing, but i got a selection of arcade artwork vinyl stickers delivered today. They're actually really nice quality and a nice little thing to have(each is about 15cm long).

p5qkUtZ.jpg
    LLVDmiK.jpg
    NHcoUUk.jpg

Not for me though(although I did get a few spares i might hang onto). They'll be part of a prize over on ArcadeArtwork.org and the facebook page when I get around to organising the rest of the loot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Time to reactivate my facebook account

eddhorse wrote: »
    Time to reactivate my facebook account
    Well I'll have a few nice bits in the prize, so might be worth temporarily re-activating your account:) It'll be stuff I already have, stuff I've bought and some free stuff that was donated.

Basically any PayPal donations to the site are going into the prize/prizes. I don't want to profit from the website, and the donations have been good the last couple of months. I don't mind having a beer or coffee from the donations I get, but any more and it goes against my beliefs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Nothing too amazing, but i got a selection of arcade artwork vinyl stickers delivered today. They're actually really nice quality and a nice little thing to have(each is about 15cm long).

Very nice Steve, where did you get those printed do you mind me asking?

Very nice Steve, where did you get those printed do you mind me asking?

I got them from http://www.arcadestickers.co.uk/
    Postage is a bit steep to Ireland for some reason, but the stickers are good and can even be used outdoors as they are weatherproof(or so the site says).

Another delivery for today, a new Everdrive N8 as my old one was acting up. Printed up a case last night for it, might change the colour and text though :)

NybnRV9.jpg
    KQf5Fkl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Steve X2 wrote: »

p5qkUtZ.jpg
    LLVDmiK.jpg
    NHcoUUk.jpg

Not for me though(although I did get a few spares i might hang onto). They'll be part of a prize over on ArcadeArtwork.org and the facebook page when I get around to organising the rest of the loot :)
    They'd be cool for PCB boxes, where did you get them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

printed up from the arcade artwork collection? that reminds me ..I used a few of those in the VR project im working on so ill add a mention of the site on it ( unless thats a nad Idea)

Dr Bob wrote: »
    printed up from the arcade artwork collection? that reminds me ..I used a few of those in the VR project im working on so ill add a mention of the site on it ( unless thats a nad Idea)

I'm sure they used the same source files I have for the artwork. But no I didn't get them specially printed, they already had then done and in stock.

Sure, mention the site if you like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I know it's not meant to be great but I don't mind spending 20 euro on it. I wouldn't be giving 60 no matter what was on the cover.
    My copy just arrived, cheek I ordered mine before Atavan :pac: lol. It's not great but I got a laugh from what bit I played and saw online. It was even €70 at one time, not a hope. It's a horror game though and €20 isn't that expensive for it sealed.
    That'll do pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

w1sfud.jpg

(...couldn't help it with the bananas :P)

Decided to add a Mega Yoshi to my Yoshi Amiibo collection.
    I have a feeling it's gonna be robbed for the baby though :0/

lw239n1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

My copy just arrived, cheek I ordered mine before Atavan :pac: lol. It's not great but I got a laugh from what bit I played and saw online. It was even €70 at one time, not a hope. It's a horror game though and €20 isn't that expensive for it sealed.
    That'll do pig.

That was pretty much the same as myself, it was worth taking a chance for 20 euro, unfortunately it will be a while before I get to play it. I'm only getting started on Maiden of Blackwater and I got that last year, too many distractions these days.

That was pretty much the same as myself, it was worth taking a chance for 20 euro, unfortunately it will be a while before I get to play it. I'm only getting started on Maiden of Blackwater and I got that last year, too many distractions these days.
    I need to finish PZ3 first and get a Wiiu before I get to PZ5 lol.
    I should try play PZ4 but I heard it's very buggy and there's a white room glitch (I think it's called) that if you get it you just have to reset and can happen often ... or the person I spoke to was very unlucky lol.
    I'm looking forward to playing it.

I picked up some amiibos. I'm not SteveSIing getting a double of Lucas, one of them and R.o.b is for for Retr0.
    Lottie is just so adorable.

Where can I get the two owl characters, Celeste and Blathers?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where can I get the two owl characters, Celeste and Blathers?
    I haven't really looked, I forgot lol assumed the usual Argos/GS had them don't they? They weren't on the Symths site where I got these and only thought of it afterwards.
    Hoping Retr0 will pick me up Celeste for getting those for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

New CIB going into the collection :) wasn't cheap !
    12733536_10153952456988276_5091472477486002884_n.jpg?oh=a2c2b5731ae06529944dff2dabc79c1c&oe=5759E8ED

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

*drool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up the mother of Dreamcast donations last night :eek:

20160218_082157.jpg

20160218_082358.jpg

20160218_082429.jpg

Feckin' Shenmue!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

wow you did indeed! nice !
    DIdn't know Sould Reaver was on the dreamcast too ? how does it compare ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Think there must have been an unofficial Soul Reaver bundle or something, everyone I ever knew with a DC had one...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement