Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought Legend of Zelda Chronicle of Ages for my GBC, only €15 as well, though unboxed.
    I have Chronicle of Seasons already but lacked the partner.
    Any tell me if they are any good?
    I have yet to play either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Update on those Gundams I bought previously - they're ****ing awesome!!! :pac:

DSC_0899_zps5tj7iunr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Danonino. wrote: »
    Oh I believe you, I work there. it must be the raise after the drop before Christmas. Prices tend to drop at Christmas to push sales if stock is high enough etc. Then raise back up to increase stock (higher price = better trade in) when low.

I must have missed the drop as without them in stock I'd have to search the titles and remember the individuals.

My bad.

Good news is there is talk of adding SNES/N64/Mega drive games to the system :)

N64 games you say? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just bought my first mega drive game on ebay in quite some time. I've been distracted by pinballs and the such for a while now, its time to start finishing off my Mega Driv list now.

Got an Addams Family for under £19, which seems to be the going rate for it now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got an Addams Family for under £19, which seems to be the going rate for it now.

I have that and the sequel for the Snes, I thought they were fairly common and cheap.
    Or, as a result of Hipster influences, is £19 the lower end price for non Fifa/Madden 16 bit games?
    Damn you neck bearded ones!
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Got a new laptop and some RGB SCART cables for my saturn, but I may have ****ed up the psuedosaturn install, beacuse the games dont boot.

Picked up a bargain today.
    Assassins Creed IV Black Flag, Skull edition, for the WiiU.
    Only €2.
    In GameStop.
    Not too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have that and the sequel for the Snes, I thought they were fairly common and cheap.
    Or, as a result of Hipster influences, is £19 the lower end price for non Fifa/Madden 16 bit games?
    Damn you neck bearded ones!
    giphy.gif

Well I don't imagine they are rare by any stretch but for some strange reason they always seemed to be priced kind of high.

Flying edge as well, I have high hopes for the gameplay :p

My LoZ Oracle of Ages arrived this morning.
    Happy days!
    My Zelda collection is nearly there.
    Just a few more and I'm done, no CDi filth though, no way never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Got this mega bundle from a very nice seller on Adverts. Mixture of SNES, Saturn, PS3, Mega Drive, GBA, PSP and Xbox games, also 2 SNES consoles and a mint condition Atari Flashback. Donkey Kong still even has the CD too! Travelled for it but got the lot for €125.

28saihi.jpg
    34xjjb7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Corholio wrote: »
    Got this mega bundle from a very nice seller on Adverts. Mixture of SNES, Saturn, PS3, Mega Drive, GBA, PSP and Xbox games, also 2 SNES consoles and a mint condition Atari Flashback. Donkey Kong still even has the CD too! Travelled for it but got the lot for €125.

Sweet! Nice find! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Some price, well done :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice haul !! Well worth travelling for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

After many years sitting on my eBay watch list, this little gem cropped up a couple of weeks ago.

leePKbs.jpg

I love this game, played it to death with my brothers over the years. But I'd only ever had it in rom form, or on Amiga shareware compilations or Magazine cover disks.
    It's a great little 2 player deathmatch game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    After many years sitting on my eBay watch list, this little gem cropped up a couple of weeks ago.

leePKbs.jpg

Eh, what is he shooting out of that 'machine gun'?? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Corholio wrote: »
    Got this mega bundle from a very nice seller on Adverts. Mixture of SNES, Saturn, PS3, Mega Drive, GBA, PSP and Xbox games, also 2 SNES consoles and a mint condition Atari Flashback. Donkey Kong still when has the CD too! Travelled for it but got the lot for €125.

Is that a CIB SNES Adamantium Rage? :eek:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Eh, what is he shooting out of that 'machine gun'?? :eek:

Seems to be some sort of milk gun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is that a CIB SNES Adamantium Rage? :eek:

Yes it is, it's the NTSC version. PAL goes a bit more pricier. Has the poster too which a lot tend to get sold without.

Not quite Retro but Retro enough,
    Picked up Ultimate NES Remix for the 3DS this morning in CEX.
    Sadly, they were missing the cover and instructions so I'll be doing some printing when I get home, on a brighter note it then only cost €20, and having traded in the pointless Gears of War Ultimate and gotten €16 for it, the 3DS tribute to all things Famicom only cost €4!

Picked up Wally McChest-High vs The Aliens for the Xbox One, sorry I mean Gears of War Ultimate Ed for the same console, gas to think that game is 10 years old this year!
    having traded in the pointless Gears of War Ultimate and gotten €16 for it, the 3DS tribute to all things Famicom only cost €4!

Not even a month :pac:

• Advertisement

Got a mate to collect the sega touring cab on Sunday. Just had a quick look last night and will post some pics later. The cab is huge but it not bad condition at all. The machine not coming on all the time was down to a dodgy connection and sorted in 5 minutes. Monitor is also good thankfully and the colour issue described is all down to the pcb. All roms check out ok so ill have to investigate further, not familiar with model 2 stuff. Theres a cog missing from one of the pedals too which prevents me from braking but maybe its in the machine somewhere, theres no sound and no feedback but the motor auto centres the wheel at power on so maybe something simple. Nothing that cant be repaired and a super bargain for the 110 it cost me in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Got a mate to collect the sega touring cab on Sunday. Just had a quick look last night and will post some pics later. The cab is huge but it not bad condition at all. The machine not coming on all the time was down to a dodgy connection and sorted in 5 minutes. Monitor is also good thankfully and the colour issue described is all down to the pcb. All roms check out ok so ill have to investigate further, not familiar with model 2 stuff. Theres a cog missing from one of the pedals too which prevents me from braking but maybe its in the machine somewhere, theres no sound and no feedback but the motor auto centres the wheel at power on so maybe something simple. Nothing that cant be repaired and a super bargain for the 110 it cost me in the end.

Nice purchase that. Good luck with the repairs.

Nice one, €110 was a fair throw at something like that. I thought it was €250 at least when advertised

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nice one, €110 was a fair throw at something like that. I thought it was €250 at least when advertised

Yeah was 180 original but guy just wanted it gone, guy had a few pokers and a 'mam' machine he paid 850 for!! :eek: was worth it for the monitor alone, nice nanao in there.

Yeah, it brings nothing new to the game, a game that is already quite stale.
    Better to save money and get Bullet Storm instead!

Went stone mad.
    Went back to CEX and picked up Gear of War and the sequel, a euro and 2.50 respectively, then COD Ghosts for a fiver, Short Peace for the PS3 for another fiver, and a PS2 racing game called Hummer Badlands, that seems cheesy as hell but is developed by Eutechnyx, not sure how they sunk so low to make this, given their history of titles like Le Mans and Ferrari Challenge, though they did make Ride to Hell, which was sh1te.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Went stone mad.
    Went back to CEX and picked up Gear of War and the sequel, a euro and 2.50 respectively

It's like you are a parody of yourself :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's like you are a parody of yourself :P

I know.
    I sold off GoW many years ago.
    Picked up the XB1 remake and it was a sorry excuse tbh.
    Figured the next best thing would be to "liquidate" the expensive edition and just pick up the original, and then I spotted the sequel for feck all and, well, been a while since I finished that too. Bought that!
    Now, Retr0, feck off and stop being mean!

This arrived from Japan earlier today. I've been looking for a decent portable famiclone for a while and this one is hard enough to find, but seems to be one of the best.
    Screen is small, but decent and the whole thing feels quite nice in the hand.
    Multi game carts work as do the real things. Everdrive doesn't boot unfortunately.

The 88 games included are really bad. But once you stick a cart in the back who care :)

VUyaN2j.jpg
    K5FRbw2.jpg
    EQTit9N.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Nothing really retro but the last few bits, the best bit was paying for a 15 dollar game only to receive a 60 dollar one.

motivation-baby.jpg

IMG_20160224_200113_zpsrwuielm8_edit_1456344646833_zps0umpipnq.jpg

Thanks to Atavan and Myrddin for the ps3 and Calling tip off. Ciderman kicked off the ps3 collection with a copy of Unchartered 2, thanks for that.

IMG_20160224_200318_zpsuhwvyxug.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement