Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

What happened here :(
    2ur9x7p.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

What happened here :(
    2ur9x7p.jpg

Lights above ;)

Otherwise id be pissed

Nothing exciting but I did get a couple of freshly sandblasted coin doors/marquee retainers back and ready for powder coating.

erYhvnl.jpg?1

where you going to get the powder coating done?
    Is that for the segga rally?

where you going to get the powder coating done?
    Is that for the segga rally?

No its for the two nourat cabs I picked up from MontgomeryClift, converting to jamma cabs, one almost complete now just waiting on the doors/retainers. Waiting on parts for the rally cab whenever that happens who knows. Local guy doing the powdercoating, he manufactures metal stairs and the like and powder coats once a month or so.

• Advertisement

Got the powdercoated doors and retainers back so finally got to finish the first of the nourat poker cabs, decided to go for a g'n'g homage to go with a recent aquistion and I love the artwork. The cab was pretty rough in parts but nothing a bit of sanding/bondo, artwork, a new cp and a jamma harness couldent fix :) MontomeryClift gave me a nice almost burn free monitor too :) Happy with the way it turned out, onto no.2 now.

Here's the original cab.

e8pkeg.jpg

And as it is now

mltsp1.jpg

iw5d3b.jpg

2vmzewp.jpg

2j26wpu.jpg

Cracking job, well done, you work fast !!

Whered you get that lovely artwork?

I wanna see a video of you 1cc that game :)

eddhorse wrote: »
    Cracking job, well done, you work fast !!

Whered you get that lovely artwork?

I wanna see a video of you 1cc that game :)

All the vectors are available online, control panel obviously had to be redesigned and I decided to move the bottom half artwork to the bottom of the cab. A couple of weeks holidays coming up soon so hopefully get the second one done.

Thats class!
    I've givin up on mine.I still have plans in the works for another replica build but pinball keeps getting in the way!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just won this on eBay,
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=231868509350&alt=web

An XE-1 PC, Micomsoft PC Engine arcade stick
    $_1.JPG

And it cost me a small €20, not including postage.

Now, it isn't the Pro stick, with the adjustable button position, and I can't find any information on if it has the integral multitap, as the Pro model does.

In fact I can find no information on this anywhere, but figured at the price I could take a chance.

Anyone here have any ideas on the stick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Weird! I've never seen one before without the adjustable buttons. Looks to be a steal at 20 either way. The sticks in them are gorgeous.

Edit - also even stranger, it seems to have a button plug for a third button.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have to pick up the adaptor cable to use it with my TG16 though, unless someone out there has a din to mini din cable lying around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,222 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Chuck the TG16 in the bin and get yourself a PCE! :D

Might be simple to install the innards of an old NES controller, coupled with a neogeo extension cord and it'll also work on my Famicom.... Unless opening a stick of this quality would get me kicked out of the forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

got em for the shelf
    20 quid shipped !
    7AGk5CQ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

New get in a raffle at a table quiz, and a voucher for The RAGE...

Star Lord wrote: »
    New get in a raffle at a table quiz, and a voucher for The RAGE...

lucky, you might be able to get fifa 98 for a good price with that voucher :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's a €20 voucher, it'd take the sting out of something better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's a €20 voucher, it'd take the sting out of something better...

Fifa '99?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Fifa '99?

Madden 93, for the Megadrive, with a torn label that reads "brian's gam" in crayon.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,790 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

In all fairness to the Rage they are a lot better these days. Their rare stuff is a bit silly priced but I went in there recently with an american friend and he picked up some decent bargains on stuff. Master of Darkness for 20 (wish I saw it before him) and some other games weren't too bad. Also pickup up boxed Valis and Alisia Dragoon for very reasonable prices.

I actually got banned from the rage's facebook page a while back for a similar comment.
    They had a post up about games on sale for 5 euros, and I tagged a friend telling him he could get some savage old sports games and I was banned within half an hour.

Big get for me yestreday.
    was expensive and needs more put into it but **** it,dont get the chance to own one of these very often:D

IMG-20160313-WA0009.jpg

needs new legs and a new DMD.the one that came with it was toast.

Omfg i love that film and the game i also like.

Saw it on TNT amusements youtube recently.

Droooools

Love the artwork, looks incredible. Grats

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice! Watched a video on it the other day , looks like a great game.

Game wise is not super technical or anything but my god it's a looker.
    It had some voltage problems that I haven't figured out yet. It doesn't boot up properly, need to open the back box and reseat some connectors every time you turn it on.
    Good excuse to buy one of those pin2dmd screens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

It's got a hologram thing on the play field doesn't it ? Of the creature ? Or is that a different pin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

€60 haul. 3 car boot sales/markets
    got that c64, with manual, tape player, game compilation box and joystick for 20, ps2 with see through controler was 15. great day :)
    I'm a sucker for wow. I don't play it though, I just love their artwork :D

...oranges were free.

885061_10154020218753276_8108618057094568751_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

BGOllie wrote: »
    €60 haul. 3 car boot sales/markets
    got that c64, with manual, tape player, game compilation box and joystick for 20, ps2 with see through controler was 15. great day :)
    I'm a sucker for wow. I don't play it though, I just love their artwork :D

...oranges were free.

885061_10154020218753276_8108618057094568751_o.jpg

Spare an orange buhd?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement