Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

My Twinbee tee arrived
    File was too big and I'm lazy so
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BGFEOhPm-_D/

Nice. Thinking of getting the pale blue one of those. Some lively stuff on there, easily had a €100 of stuff in my basket in a few mins, now is the longer task of decided which 2-3 to get!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got some Dreamcast games from corblimey. Thanks a million.

Got Rainbow Cotton, Illbleed, Seaman and Zero Gunner 2.

If he's still selling games on the marketplace you should snap them up, they're very reasonable for some common to very rare games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Nice. Thinking of getting the pale blue one of those. Some lively stuff on there, easily had a €100 of stuff in my basket in a few mins, now is the longer task of decided which 2-3 to get!
    Mine is the pale blue, its very pale but it's nice because it's very busy imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got Seaman

Trance vibrator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mine is the pale blue, its very pale but it's nice because it's very busy imo

So, it's not white, just very, very, very, very, very, very, very pale blue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Forgot I ordered this

654F717B-20F4-44CE-A703-A55C3E091455_zps5govfnw4.jpg

They must have forgotten to sign it or didn't get the email :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Forgot I ordered this

They must have forgotten to sign it or didn't get the email :(

Chodes! Mail them back, they might sort ya out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Myrddin wrote: »
    Chodes! Mail them back, they might sort ya out :)

Ah I don't mind too much!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not something anyone can condone, but unless I shift a kidney or a lobe of my liver I'm not going to be able to afford the originals of these!
    So repros it is!
    €16 from Aliexpress, quicker than normal, I think it took about 18 days from the date of order, before they arrived.
    And here they are! (I promise to replace them with the real deal over the rest of my life..... promise)
    This includes
    Truxton
    Eliminate Down
    Musha
    Gley Lancer
    €16 for the lot posted.... I'm not proud of this or anything, posting them here for full disclosure.
    Main reason, believe it or not, is that the Everdrive doesn't work on the Retron5!
    Yes, that sounds convincing, I'll settle on that, fake games for a fake console, perfect!!

dXhlL7Lm.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

First the sad news about Ali passing and now this, repros? Way to pile on the misery! :(
    At least the sun is shining outside. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, I was considering not posting their arrival, but felt I should come clean.
    Eliminate Down is only available online in either repro form, for anything from €4 to €60, or original, where it seems to go for thousands.
    Truxton will be an easy replacement, seeing as it comes up for around €40 or so every now and again.
    Gley Lancer is expensive, but should get a copy for around €100, cart only. It's avoiding fakes that's the challenge.
    And, as for MUSHA, not that hard to find but it is around €80 to €100, unless you are a jammy sod like Johnny U....
    So, over time I'll get the latter three games, but I'd say Eliminate Down is a grail game, never to be seen in these waters at an affordable price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

found this in a new charity shop here -although I can't see it last where it is... and I'd be surprised if the money goes to a charity at all : )
    not a great game, but any floppy is worth rescuing, especially amstrad's
    although that cover is pretty killer

13393952_10154254460778276_8852614830365476076_n.jpg?oh=ffaba1e558bbcc093cb8c6f21b00cf11&oe=5804D45D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Never heard of Aliexpress before, they've some repros I`d definitely be interested in getting, som2, dragon quest translated games etc. Way cheaper than other reproduction sites

Their shipping times can be variable, given that it's just a frontend for numerous China based vendors.
    But the carts I got aren't pretending to be the genuine article, so that's a good sign, but the games work just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

BGOllie wrote: »
    found this in a new charity shop here..

Interesting user interface. Interactive story, with event prompts.

2000AD games, I only ever played Strontium Dog on the ZX Spectrum, it was.. forgettable.

There was a Nemesis the Warlock game too but it was best on the C64

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    There was a Nemesis the Warlock game too but it was best on the C64

Absolutely amazing intro music on that!

I really enjoyed the Rogue Trooper PS2 game, felt like 2000AD done properly for once.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Absolutely amazing intro music on that!

I really enjoyed the Rogue Trooper PS2 game, felt like 2000AD done properly for once.

I have fond memories of spectrum one.

I have fond memories of spectrum one.

In think I preferred that one!
    The PS2/Wii game was just too easy.

The SNES Judge Dredd game was great, based on the Alien 3 engine and the Xbox Dress game wasn't bad at all.
    There was a PS onrails shooter too, but poorly received

So, a guy walks into a charity shop...

13435444_10154265797668276_3923042457507123968_n.jpg?oh=a89a8714bdf349b37e64dcbac138c370&oe=57CB73B6

loving these demo and promotional ps2 titles actually. getting into these more and more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

These have been on the list for a while, & are beginning to creep in price so decided to bite the bullet

IMG_20160611_191458.jpg

Started replaying Cthulhu on pc recently actually. very much enjoyed this game

Master of the Universe

In think I preferred that one!
    The PS2/Wii game was just too easy.

The SNES Judge Dredd game was great, based on the Alien 3 engine and the Xbox Dress game wasn't bad at all.
    There was a PS onrails shooter too, but poorly received

I don't think that 16bit Dredd game used the Alien 3 engine?

Had both on release on the Megadrive and they were very different games both visually and gameplay wise.

Judge Dredd was great as the cover and intro/story were from the Stallone film but the actual gameplay and design was all from the comics.

The MD Alien 3 was very different from the SNES one, perhaps that accounts for it. Perhaps the Dredd game on the MD had a different engine.
    Yeah, they wisely avoided too much heretical Stallone Dredd in the games.

Master of the Universe

The MD Alien 3 was very different from the SNES one, perhaps that accounts for it. Perhaps the Dredd game on the MD had a different engine.
    Yeah, they wisely avoided too much heretical Stallone Dredd in the games.

Ah no way, weird! I always assumed the Snes version of Alien 3 was the same as the Megadrive one. (as that's just a conversion of the Amiga game)

Has a look at the Snes one and yeah, that definitely looks very much like the 16-Bit Judge Dredd game. Also made by Probe/Acclaim.

So I guess they used the Snes Alien 3 engine as you said to make the Snes version and then worked that over to the Megadrive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

SNES Alien 3 is way better than the Megadrive one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got a few dust covers from Poland(they love their Amiga/C64s over there)
    The covers are clear plastic.

goQZTBr.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You've confused me. The plastic dust cover comes in a box that you can fit the machine into? :confused:
    Or are those tiny boxes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's probably one of those moulded, clear plastic dust covers, that fits snugly over the machine, therefore has to be the same size as the machine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yep, clear plastic with a UV resistant coating. Closer to very high quality packaging than say a polycarbonate shell, but not bad.
    I don't think I'll use them for long, or maybe I'll coat them in some material and see how it looks(hard shell with soft material on the top and bottom maybe).

9CGh1ed.jpg

S0XQPEi.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement