Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Started lurking around Yahoo auctions and bid on these few items over the last few months, used the proxy service Shopping Mall Japan.
    Needless to say these are all arcade and mostly Atomiswave related.
    On a side note, Japanese arcade artwork is a thing of wonder.

First up, is an A4 size Demolish Fist poster, virtually mint except for as small crease near the bottom.

IMG_20160628_210014_zps22lr0vnd.jpg

IMG_20160628_210031_zpsmdantehm.jpg

Next up is a complete art set for Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. Very hard to get Atomiswave art sets with the Instruction strip. This set has seen plenty of action.

66a41b62-3b58-4632-b0bc-52e81b4cc04e_zpsdnfeyyzy.jpg

Next up is some cards that would have been used by the reader found on the 1p panel. Always wanted a few of these for the sake of completeness. One has a couple of small scratches on the back but otherwise all three are mint. Very surprised.

d1661870-2613-4787-8a3c-6bf8c17de303_zps2ouc7ee8.jpg

54d7ad97-5c94-402c-a5a6-83b783f31fed_zpsyps5weib.jpg

And lastly a game I played a lot of plus I really like the art.

IMG_20160628_210457_zpsodctbjfr.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    What's the story with the lightbox? Is that a home made jobbie? Looks the business!

Not quite.
    My uncle is a cabinet maker.
    He made me 4 a while back for some old pinball backglasses I had

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Have you a HTC One M7? Silly I know, my one gave that kinda purple tone to my photos too and was just curious lol.

Have you a HTC One M7? Silly I know, my one gave that kinda purple tone to my photos too and was just curious lol.

Yep.
    Absolute ****e .
    Drives me mad

Yep.
    Absolute ****e .
    Drives me mad
    Finally it's not just me, mine was so bad towards the end it was purple all the time. I got a M8s now, memory isn't great but it doesn't go purple lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My one gets like a zebra print purple pattern in low light :s

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Started lurking around Yahoo auctions and bid on these few items over the last few months, used the proxy service Shopping Mall Japan.
    Needless to say these are all arcade and mostly Atomiswave related.
    On a side note, Japanese arcade artwork is a thing of wonder.

They look great dude, love the cards. Any chance you could keep an eye out for a Raiden Fighters Jet arcade flyer? It's the only one I'm missing. Could paypal you over funds etc if you saw one in half decent nick. Have the rest of them framed above the cab and it's about time I filled in the blank. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They look great dude, love the cards. Any chance you could keep an eye out for a Raiden Fighters Jet arcade flyer? It's the only one I'm missing. Could paypal you over funds etc if you saw one in half decent nick. Have the rest of them framed above the cab and it's about time I filled in the blank. :)

Sure. Not really planning another order soon due to the cost of the service and double shooing etc but having said that I am on there regularly keeping an eye! Is it the large size poster you're after?

Sure. Not really planning another order soon due to the coat of the service and double shooing etc but having said that I am on there regularly keeping an eye. Is it the large size poster you're after

Yeah even to keep an eye out would be great cheers. No it's the small flyer - they're approx A4 in size. This chap:

155000401.jpg

Got some nice frames from Ikea years ago for them and have one left over waiting.

My one gets like a zebra print purple pattern in low light :s
    Is it the same phone? I only got it with like Supermarket lights, hurts my eyes so bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Yeah even to keep an eye out would be great cheers. No it's the small flyer - they're approx A4 in size. This chap:

Got some nice frames from Ikea years ago for them and have one left over waiting.

Like this one :
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RAIDEN-FIGHTERS-SHOOT-ARCADE-RARE-ORIGINAL-JAPAN-HANDBILL-FLYER-CHIRASHI-/221608688245?hash=item3398e83a75:g:B1IAAOSwQM9Uam7e

$_12.JPG

EDIT: Ah its got no Jet
    Best to search for its Japanese name too : Raiden Faitāzu Jetto or ライデンファイターズJET

eddhorse wrote: »
    Like this one :
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RAIDEN-FIGHTERS-SHOOT-ARCADE-RARE-ORIGINAL-JAPAN-HANDBILL-FLYER-CHIRASHI-/221608688245?hash=item3398e83a75:g:B1IAAOSwQM9Uam7e

EDIT: Ah its got no Jet
    Best to search for its Japanese name too : Raiden Faitāzu Jetto or ライデンファイターズJET

Ah cheers for having a look. Yeah not Jet unfortunately. And actually, looking at the ones I have they're all Fabtek (the US publisher I think) but I wouldn't care if Jet was Japanese. Think I used to have a saved search on ebay but gave up looking after a while.

hqqy78p.jpg

They are nice alright, originals?

That blank spot would keep me awake at night #OCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OCD OCD OCD!!!!

Ahh, I'm ok now :)

sn4FioQ.jpg

Lol impressive Steve! :D

Yes, I'm OCD like that too which is why I deliberately hung them up with a gap - as a constant reminder there's one missing. They're in the sittingroom above the cab too so not like I can forget. :pac:

Steve X2 wrote: »
    OCD OCD OCD!!!!

Ahh, I'm ok now :)

sn4FioQ.jpg
    I saw someone like this on Facebook yesterday, you might appreciate it too lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

While we're on the topic of OCD therapy, the Wii motion sensor bar fits perfectly on the frame of a Widescreen Trinitron and matches the colour:

rDPNwTJ.jpg

Okay...maybe the dust on mine is an OCD nightmare! :p

I do like these OCD things haha

If that sensor bar is not stuck to the tv in some way it's a disaster waiting to happen! A slight breeze would knock it out of allignment, you'd end up having to fix it all the time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

If that sensor bar is not stuck to the tv in some way it's a disaster waiting to happen! A slight breeze would knock it out of allignment, you'd end up having to fix it all the time. :pac:

Theres a centre surround speaker keeping weight on the wire so its grand!

Even before the speaker was there, it never fell off though.

And theres a door right next to the TV so there would be a draught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I always blow them off with the ferocity of my wii sport bowling swings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Any chance I can plan a trip to Vegas with all of you rain men? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

tetrisfail.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Is that the trailer for the Tetris movie ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

It's an old one, I didn't even know they were making one about Tetris. It seems they're talking about a trilogy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

tetrisfail.gif

This is a representation of the British referendum on leaving the EU...
    We'll remain
    We'll remain
    We'll remain....

Bugger!

I'll get me coat

Finally got myself something to play Vinyl on :)
    Been getting the odd record here and there(limited edition, free with retro books etc) and ordered the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Hologram Vinyl on tuesday. So said thats that, its stupid to be getting these with nothing to play them on.

It's not super high quality or going to blow anyones socks off, but it looks clean and works well(and can capture vinyl to MP3 via USB if required). The built in speakers are half decent, but you can hook it up to a good sound system as well. All in all, a good starter turntable.

b4jr3u3.jpg
    GzDBPlU.jpg

Now I just need to find a spot for it, cant stay inbetween the toaster and kettle me thinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Quality design! Damn I want one now, been keeping an eye out for classic Sonys but hipsters have driven the prices up, might just grab one of those and add it to my current system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I got a hori hrap-ex a while back and even got art for it but I forgot to post it.

Before :
    tumblr_o96s77Hkih1uk7q7lo2_1280.jpg

After :
    jlSNUjB.jpg

• Advertisement

Few bits I picked up over the last week or two on eBay, Adverts, Facebook and the marketplace here.

Some Philips Videopac G7000 games:
    GXMkBmn.jpgh2BX6Cf.jpg

Mega Drive and Mega-CD(32X on the way and I have a few mods in mind):
    AQjNF4X.jpg

Minty fresh Twin Famicom(I had the red version already, but black is nicer :))
    EqR3JMV.jpg

Couple of tabletop games(Firefox is really nice to play actually, and looks great):
    MqL1Xns.jpg

Some games from Steve Bailey on fbook(mint with spines etc):
    LoSJ3DV.jpg

Boxed Lynx(the screen lens is a bit messy, but i sourced an new old stock replacement on eBay):
    CmM455Z.jpg

Some US NES games:
    j2On8yv.jpg

A bunch of consoles from the Gachapon History Collection:
    dcC7l4q.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement