Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

That's some real nice stuff Steve, I'm liking that twin famicom. That's one I've had my out for, it looks fairly minty. I did have a smile to myself the day you bought the two history collections.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

That's some real nice stuff Steve, I'm liking that twin famicom. That's one I've had my out for, it looks fairly minty. I did have a smile to myself the day you bought the two history collections.:pac:

Nabbed that Twin Fami from Myrddin, it really is nice.
    Yeah, I wondered would anyone spot me buying x2 from Steve Bailey :)

Also got this today, not exactly retro but still pretty cool.

qecvgq8.jpg

The hand etched holograms are actually pretty cool.

Just nabbed this on eBay. Paid a bit more than I would have liked but I've been after a CD32 FMV module for years and they don't pop up that often, so i jumped on it :)
    Never seen one for sale in orig box either.

iamlXR8.jpg
    y7Hm6W7.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Got a 21" Trinitron CRT finally. The picture is excellent. Just need to mess around with the settings and see if I can get it to fit a bit better; there are borders and the picture is a bit to the side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Got a 21" Trinitron CRT finally. The picture is excellent. Just need to mess around with the settings and see if I can get it to fit a bit better; there are borders and the picture is a bit to the side.

before you know it you will spend all your time getting the right cables and trying to take the best photos of scanlines instead of actually playing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Finally got myself something to play Vinyl on :)
    Been getting the odd record here and there(limited edition, free with retro books etc) and ordered the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens Hologram Vinyl on tuesday. So said thats that, its stupid to be getting these with nothing to play them on.

It's not super high quality or going to blow anyones socks off, but it looks clean and works well(and can capture vinyl to MP3 via USB if required). The built in speakers are half decent, but you can hook it up to a good sound system as well. All in all, a good starter turntable.

b4jr3u3.jpg
    GzDBPlU.jpg

Now I just need to find a spot for it, cant stay inbetween the toaster and kettle me thinks :)

Vampire killer mix on that vinyl is class. Play it loud :D

Home sick for the last few days, but the postman was just here to cheer me up :)

Munchman(for 12 euro delivered)
    9tcSVjl.jpg

5 new and unopened Virtual Boy games(although they are opened now :))
    6Os8TnB.jpg

New Super Controller II for the Famicom
    gUV4Qpv.jpg
    V4ZGcOZ.jpg

5 Sealed Dreamcast games
    fkmNkK6.jpg

Nice to see the spine cards in their proper place.
    tUXUC3w.jpg

New NeoGeo Pocket
    JkrQpba.jpg

Cyberbots Full Metal Madness Limited Edition(comes with a book and also a popup poster thingy)
    kQ3nFFp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Home sick for the last few days, but the postman was just here to cheer me up :)

New Super Controller II for the Famicom
    gUV4Qpv.jpg

New NeoGeo Pocket
    JkrQpba.jpg

Awesome! The Famicom version looks much better than the NES counterpart :cool:

Is that platinum NGP the one that was on Adverts? I was tempted :pac:! And it was from the same person that sold me the PVM, cool guy!

Tchoin wrote: »
    Awesome! The Famicom version looks much better than the NES counterpart :cool:

Is that platinum NGP the one that was on Adverts? I was tempted :pac:! And it was from the same person that sold me the PVM, cool guy!

I've never seen the NES version of the Controller II, just the first one. Is it very different looking?

Yeah the one from Adverts, picked up a Lynx from him as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Haven't posted here in years but I recently picked up this 486 Gateway 2000 - no hard disk so 1 520MB hard drive later + DOS 4.0 and we have DOOM.

Also has a Kingston ISA ethernet card so going to try and get a multiplayer game soon - it's setup at work so passers-by can play.

IBM PS/1 colour monitor should arrive during the week to replace the IBM PS/2 B/W monitor currently there.

image1_zpsnt8earh5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

I've never seen the NES version of the Controller II, just the first one. Is it very different looking?

Yeah the one from Adverts, picked up a Lynx from him as well.

It is very ugly, the Mega Controller:

lzHBTRNzqk8y2del1xZpIitlo1_400.jpg

Tchoin wrote: »
    It is very ugly, the Mega Controller:

lzHBTRNzqk8y2del1xZpIitlo1_400.jpg

That's actually nasty looking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Haven't posted here in years but I recently picked up this 486 Gateway 2000 - no hard disk so 1 520MB hard drive later + DOS 4.0 and we have DOOM.

Also has a Kingston ISA ethernet card so going to try and get a multiplayer game soon - it's setup at work so passers-by can play.

IBM PS/1 colour monitor should arrive during the week to replace the IBM PS/2 B/W monitor currently there.

image1_zpsnt8earh5.jpg

Wow memories, might call over to your office for a visit :)

I would say old PC's will get rarer and rarer, i had loads of them over the years but due to upgrades and new PC's they get binned.

Few bits in today.

GPvFK0e.jpg

Wanted a nice mint copy of this for a while
    jELPQwk.jpg

And, 23 years later I have it, a CD32 FMV module :D
    1mtcahj.jpg

And nabbed this bad boy a few mins ago. Now the long wait as it has to come from the US. I already have the "Customs Fear" setting in :0/

4556oNz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm not normally one for case mods like that but my god, she's a beauty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm not normally one for case mods like that but my god, she's a beauty!

Same here, but there's class to that one :cool:

Yeah, the guy does really good work. Some of his stuff is tacky, well done but tacky. But i liked the look of this one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah, the guy does really good work. Some of his stuff is tacky, well done but tacky. But i liked the look of this one :)

d6GN7bT.gif

That's a thing of beauty.

I remember seeing a Wii case mod years ago, where they'd put a hylian shield and Master Sword on it, backlit with LEDs. that is a bit tacky, but I loved it all the same!

legend-of-zelda-wii-case-mod.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Star Lord wrote: »
    d6GN7bT.gif

Surely, your man above there would have approved of this one moreso

handmade_wooden_nintendo_nes_3.jpg

Jebus Steve you are really cleaning up on the interwebs at the moment !!

eddhorse wrote: »
    Jebus Steve you are really cleaning up on the interwebs at the moment !!

I like to show you all how bad my retro collecting sickness is every now and then :D:D

Few more bits that arrived earlier.

Only played Ristar for the first time last week on the Everdrive. Decided I liked it and a real physical version was needed.
    CB7JS2n.jpg

NeoGeo AES Joypad extension cables (but I actually got them for the Twin Famicom).
    jjKNYDV.jpg

Another tabletop for the collection.
    gAcBYxM.jpg

Nice quality boxed 32X
    i7bniIV.jpg

tqGpi4L.jpg

Ah here, you need your own thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Keep up with the pics Steve, quality stuff as always. :cool:
    Nothing will beat the original NES aesthetic imo but that Zelda themed one does look very good. Just wear gloves when handling it to keep away the finger prints. :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Keep up with the pics Steve, quality stuff as always. :cool:
    Nothing will beat the original NES aesthetic imo but that Zelda themed one does look very good. Just wear gloves when handling it to keep away the finger prints. :)

Yeah, it looks like a white gloves and glass case type of thing alright :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ristar...nice! Really have to pick that up myself

Played Ristar on the Sega collection in PS3, was trophy hunting at the time. Difficult from what i remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

back car-boot-sale(ing) . found some ps2 and x360 titles, but these took made my day.
    Perl Blue BGA SPS 101 for €2 and a cool Matel Electronics game

13669153_10154343660048276_258144409997355485_n.jpg?oh=1ac6b7bf38b9f81a2a99a1436c4f900b&oe=58335ED6

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement