Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve X2 wrote: »
    New old stock Neo Geo CD(top loader)
    Ordered it on Monday evening from Japan, was in Dublin last night :)
    Box has a few marks, but the console and other bits are minty fresh.

O4rkJnA.jpgHRMNfGA.jpgZjy2N2i.jpgRj7A9Id.jpg

Just need to get myself a UK/Irl PSU for it now. I mean I can use the Jap one with a Step-Down, but that's a rather inelegant solution in this day and age.

I hear that someone put a game in a neo geo cd back on release day and it's still loading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I hear that someone put a game in a neo geo cd back on release day and it's still loading.

Anything faster the x1 speed cd drives are just showing off anyway :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    that's what my dad says about the c64 :P

And few other small bits.

Needed a decent test VCD:
    2lM1hov.jpg

A way to small Jap Megadrive controller:
    cdV7CDN.jpg

Some games:
    u7oa6KO.jpg

And this is the projector I got to use with the XRGB-Mini Framemeister for when I want a big 100 inch retro screen in my office/man cave(Sensi Soccer is awesome on it :)).
    StzKJf2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anything faster the x1 speed cd drives are just showing off anyway :D:D

The later CDX model loads faster but is prone to all sorts of issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

that's what my dad says about the c64 :P

And yet I can load up a game much faster on my C64 than a new PS4 game! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A way to small Jap Megadrive controller:

Never had an MD growing up so when I did eventually get one the size of the controller surprised me - it's bloody huge! :pac: Works a treat on the Amiga though.
    Doge wrote: »
    And yet I can load up a game much faster on my C64 than a new PS4 game! :p

But you're cheating not using a tape deck. That or your PS4 is borked. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Andrew76 wrote: »
    But you're cheating not using a tape deck. That or your PS4 is borked. ;)

By time the game downloads and installs updates or game data even the tape deck is faster, believe me! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Never had an MD growing up so when I did eventually get one the size of the controller surprised me - it's bloody huge! :pac: Works a treat on the Amiga though.

I love the smaller 6 button pads. The D pad isn't as nice though as the later release three button Megadrive 2 pads.

For years I used an original first release three button pad which has rubber contacts for the D pad and Christ did they not last long!

If there's one thing that can be said for Nintendo its that they really nailed the SNES pad from the beginning.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    By time the game downloads and installs updates or game data even the tape deck is faster, believe me! ;)

As a Spectrum owner I would say that the initial wait might be comparable, with the tape load vs hdd install + update, but afterwards each time you wanted to play a game on a tape based computer you had to wait the same time, at least with the PS4 on standby it installs the updates whilst you sleep and the games start quickly, well mostly... Doom is mad on the PS4, the loading screens intrusive too, every time you die, back to a listing screen and they can take a while too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Wait till I get my dremel and two PS360+'s..

Ix0lwgX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

new old stock and a gotek drive I picked up at the amiga meetup :)

13728986_10154355460738276_2086985482662505185_n.jpg?oh=a690c8837041ccd8415d98d1f14d0214&oe=5826F63B

Whats the story with those gotek drives? How different are they to the HXC floppy emu I've got in my A600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not retro, picked up Yokai Watch in 3DS, Atavan was the guinea pig and tried it first lol.
    szrtm2rplozzoorok007.gif

Whats the story with those gotek drives? How different are they to the HXC floppy

...they just look waaaay cooler :cool:

truth is. I've no idea.
    Saw it there, asked what it was, pretty much plug and play , just need to download a small too onto a usb drive and dump you roms :)

Got some Jap 3DO goodness(was surprised it was in good condition, see below).
    e1VReoS.jpg

And some muppet said to himself "yep, job done, packed well"
    ECaDIJD.jpg

Yes, this is retro :)
    EQOadvm.jpg

But this isnt
    YqvZiuS.jpg
    WbhBM2a.jpg

Tis beautiful :)
    5mB58SH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Whats that board with the chips?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Whats that board with the chips?

They're STV8438CV TRIPLE 70MHz 8-BIT PARALLEL DAC + ANALOG MUX 5V PQFP-44 chips, 18 of them.
    I only needed one, but they dont sell them in ones :)

It's for an Amiga expansion board thats getting hot, and apparently replacing this chip can fix it, sometimes.

Burning Soldier, I got that with my launch 3DO, love it though it's an FMV game.
    Return Fire... Perfection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

Which firmware version did that New 3DS XL come with, Steve?

Relikk wrote: »
    Which firmware version did that New 3DS XL come with, Steve?

Not sure, I updated it before I checked the version number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I want a Japanese Mega Drive. I don't even know why - I just saw it while browsing ebay and said "that's gorgeous, I want that". Would I be able to just get it on its own and use the cables I already have from my own MD console? (Model 1). I was also looking at a few NTSC-J games and lord above the prices are mental.

I don't know I just would really like to build up a fresh collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I want a Japanese Mega Drive. I don't even know why - I just saw it while browsing ebay and said "that's gorgeous, I want that". Would I be able to just get it on its own and use the cables I already have from my own MD console? (Model 1). I was also looking at a few NTSC-J games and lord above the prices are mental.

I don't know I just would really like to build up a fresh collection

Yeah all the cables will work fine if its the same model.

kicking it at car boot sales these days :)
    50 lot :D
    13641099_10154362865788276_1709661161701259148_o.jpg

Master of the Universe

BGOllie wrote: »
    kicking it at car boot sales these days :)
    50 lot :D

Have you invented a time machine and are hitting late 90s car boots? Because I can't think of any other explanation :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not gaming related but I ordered a doorbell off amazon that plays the titanic theme song as one of the available sounds so pretty chuffed TBH.

I'll be singing "near, far, wherever you are...." Every time I get a takeaway.

Master of the Universe

Not gaming related but I ordered a doorbell off amazon that plays the titanic theme song as one of the available sounds so pretty chuffed TBH.

Senior Ding Dong required in 5,4,3,2...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Have you invented a time machine and are hitting late 90s car boots? Because I can't think of any other explanation :eek:

It's really about consistency, going to a LOT of places and building relationship.
    I get talking to the vendors behind the stands, ask them how, where they find stuff themselves and if they run across video games in their trade. Most of them do but don't bother trying to sell them as they don't know enough.

• Advertisement

Celine Dione tunes on your doorbell, is this actually Canadian acclimatisation gone mad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement