Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mmmm, shiny!
    prltZf7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got this yesterday.
    sfle08.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are we at maximum retro?
    Yes, yes we are....
    qEngTbxm.jpg

Old Black and White TV liberated from my uncle's attic,
    this anachronistic device was heading for the recycle centre, otherwise know as the place where perfectly good CRTs go to die.
    I can hear this old set cackle, as televisions some 30 years it's junior were getting thrown into a cage unceremoniously, to be broken down into parts, and here is this tv, obsolete by the 70's when it was bought, getting a new home 40+ years later!
    And Atari Pong looks amazing on it, whatever it is about the tube in this old set, it's kinda warm and fuzzy.... though that might be down to the tubes and transistors....
    17kt6j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Maximum envy :eek: - that's gorgeous!

edit - any idea what year it's from? Lovely seeing a CRT that old still working.

Looks a lot like the old telly we had when I was a kid, same kind of dials etc... though I think ours had a 'wooden' casing, whereas that looks like white/cream plastic or bakelite

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Maximum envy :eek: - that's gorgeous!

edit - any idea what year it's from? Lovely seeing a CRT that old still working.

I think it's from the 70's, early.
    They were still making them on into the 80's, I had one for my ZX Spectrum for a while back in '85, and it was similar but a little more modern, if that's possible.
    I have been looking for one for a while and they were always just too far away to collect or the person selling it was looking for too much as it was R@RE!!! or !!!RETRO!!!! and so worth a lot of money.
    My guess is that most of them ended up in a skip somewhere a long time ago, before recycling took off.

I have a few Pong clones around, including an Ingersoll one somewhere, might try them out, but it is nice.
    A colour set never made the Atari Pong look it's best, and that old girl deserves it.

I'm sure your NES multi-cart with RE5 graphic is as legit as they come... :D

11-somi_010.gif

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'm sure your NES multi-cart with RE5 graphic is as legit as they come... :D

Here's a pic of Ciderman and I, taken earlier today... :pac:
    20131227-174128.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are we at maximum retro?
    Yes, yes we are....
    qEngTbxm.jpg

Old Black and White TV liberated from my uncle's attic,

there was one just like that in gorgeous red casing at the car boot last sunday. Guy was asking €120 for it :eek:

A true ROMance... SITE for sore eye's....

BGOllie wrote: »
    there was one just like that in gorgeous red casing at the car boot last sunday. Guy was asking €120 for it :eek:

I blame hipsters, Damn you hipsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That TV is gorgeous !! What size is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Saw a TV similar to that in the window of a charity shop on Aungier street this morning when I was passing it on the way to work. Only caught a glimpse of it though. Too busy with Pokemon go...

eddhorse wrote: »
    That TV is gorgeous !! What size is it?

Not sure, I think it's14" but it could be slightly smaller, like 12 or 13".
    I only need it for the visuals, the hi-tech mastery of Atari means that the game audio is a series of beeps from a speaker in the console.
    The Pong machine is heavy too, due to the series of D cells powering it!
    I imported the Pong console, Atari Super Pong to be specific, from the states, it's the second home machine they released.
    I must pick up the original one at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks class :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

If Cidey was a CRT instead lf a hooman its totally the one type he'd be! :D

Sure his skull is a bit wooden and thick, and his knob may not work the way it used to but he's still our favourite Retro Hooman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    If Cidey was a CRT instead lf a hooman its totally the one type he'd be! :D

Sure his skull is a bit wooden and thick, and his knob may not work the way it used to but he's still our favourite Retro Hooman!

One has to question how you would know this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits in today.

Wanted an unmodified PC Engine as the ones I have are all RGB modded.
    QTfvmOG.jpgl4WLtmP.jpg

That is/was a new and sealed Sensi down there. The old one I have has seen better days as its the copy I had as a kid :)
    Few nice games mixed in amongst the average(as well as a few sealed ones).

Q17a0jO.jpg
    aic6iqV.jpg
    s0WEmZ5.jpg

Also got some cables etc for the consoles that nobody wants to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Oh ohh! Sonic Wings 2. Much thanks to that post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Few bits in today.

Q17a0jO.jpg
    Let me know if you play the JoJos game :) I think that's the Wrrrry meme came from.

That fancy NES arrived in the post this morning just before I left for work. I had a quick look and have a feeling it’ll be sitting in a glass case as it’s just too nice to actually play on :) There’s gold flecks in the black paint and the Zelda logo looks a lot better than I thought it might. It looks and feels like it’s got about 5-8 layers of clear coat on it, so feels quite nice to the touch.

I don’t think it would be to everyone’s taste, but I’m really glad I went for it.
    Pics later this evening.

Self indulgent post alert! Too many pics for one item, sorry.
    None of the pics do it justice(the gold bits in the black paint look like dust, but are very nice indeed in person), but here's some anyway.

jMizG5M.jpg
    N5jn0pT.jpg
    wpfwQJX.jpg
    YPgWZJ5.jpg
    ZsAg0nZ.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

None of the pics do it justice(the gold bits in the black paint look like dust, but are very nice indeed in person), but here's some anyway.

jMizG5M.jpg
    N5jn0pT.jpg
    wpfwQJX.jpg
    YPgWZJ5.jpg
    ZsAg0nZ.jpg

Ooh it's pretty.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Have to say I rather have that than some dull, drab looking grey NES!

I don't care what the purists say!

jMizG5M.jpg
    N5jn0pT.jpg
    wpfwQJX.jpg
    YPgWZJ5.jpg
    ZsAg0nZ.jpg

shiny.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    Have to say I rather have that than some dull, drab looking grey NES!

I don't care what the purists say!

Oi! White, black and grey with a dash of red - the original NES look is iconic. :cool:

I bet you'd put go faster stripes on a Ferrari eh. :p

Actually Steve - did it come with matching controllers or is it just the base unit itself? Does look very well done.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Actually Steve - did it come with matching controllers or is it just the base unit itself? Does look very well done.

You're asking if the collar matches the cuffs? :D

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're asking if the collar matches the cuffs? :D

It's OK, you can get a bottle from your local beauty salon that you can brush into delicate areas and.... wait... forget I said anything....

Need to rinse it out now, starting to burn...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement