Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

get the Megadrive Ultimate Collection, it's even got Streets of Rage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

get the Megadrive Ultimate Collection, it's even got Streets of Rage.

But don't let that stop you from buying it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But don't let that stop you from buying it!

In fact buy it exclusively for streets of rage and don't bother with anything else on the disc.

Pick up Gran Turismo 6 for the PS3 if you're into racing sims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up donkey kong country and NBA jam on the snes, I havent played a console in about a year or more, there's my Saturday sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Hotline Miami
    Demons Souls
    Cathrine
    Thomas Was Alone
    Journey
    The Last Of Us
    Uncharted 2+3
    Tekken Revolution (free)

Of the top of my head I'd consider these must haves :) Hotline Miami is on PC too I guess bit has to be played. Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece up there witg dark souls and the last of us imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Went over to the post office at lunch to pick up another CEX order of PS2 goodies.
    • Timesplitters
    • Timesplitters 2
    • Unreal Tournament
    • Half Life
    • Lotus Challenge
    Still to come hopefully tomorrow.
    • Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
    And last but not least is .....
    • Gradius 5 (oh hells yeah!!!, been looking for this for a while now. Paid €12 for it which is a great price compared to everywhere else online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I love Gradius V but feck do I hate the first boss! He always gets me with a bullet as soon as he starts to rotate.

o1s1n wrote: »
    I love Gradius V but feck do I hate the first boss! He always gets me with a bullet as soon as he starts to rotate.

Ah dont tell me that! I'm no good as it is without really tough first boss fights! :o

Seriously looking forward to it though. Its a game I've had on my radar for quite some time.

Also really looking forward to revisiting Half Life as its been well waaaay too long shall we say since I last played it. I have the orange box unopened too as I was kinda waiting to see could I pick up the first one first.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gradius Gaiden is worth buying, it's Japan only and for the PS1 but it's a cracking game.
    Other must haves, in my humble opinion at least, are Raiden Project, Raiden DX and G Darius, although that last one can also be found on the excellent Taito Collection on the PS2, on the first volume I think.

• Advertisement

Gradius Gaiden is worth buying, it's Japan only and for the PS1 but it's a cracking game.
    Other must haves, in my humble opinion at least, are Raiden Project, Raiden DX and G Darius, although that last one can also be found on the excellent Taito Collection on the PS2, on the first volume I think.

Raiden games are super expensive if I recall correctly.. Dont get me wrong I'm building a nice little PS2 Shmup collection weirdly ( I wasnt planning on buying so many) but its rare that I can justify €40 - €60 on any PS2 game.

Gradius V is generally €40+ online when I've looked for it hence being delighted at €12 from CEX.

G Darius I have on the Taito Collection alright. Class. Love the bosses. Mental looking. On a similar level of crazy as the imo wonderful deathsmiles on 360. Normally I dont particularly like the bullet hell games but deathsmiles is great craic. Gets impossible as you progress to the end though.

2 cheap purchases today. I spotted buffy in CEX the other day but thought I already had it. Turns out I had the sequel and not this one so I was glad it was still there today.

2E81D4E5-C30B-4E38-BCD1-2D7C1651D427_zpsmjlwkq2m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

2 cheap purchases today. I spotted buffy in CEX the other day but thought I already had it. Turns out I had the sequel and not this one so I was glad it was still there today.

Jump on Angel's bed!

3.99 for Little Deviants is very good, i must have a look myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

3.99 for Little Deviants is very good, i must have a look myself

Tell the truth, you're going in for a copy of Buffy:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Must have been a day for CEX so

I got Super Monkey Ball for €6, International Superstar Soccer for €1 and FIFA 03 for 20 cent all on the GameCube. Hadn't planned on picking up any more football games, but I couldn't pass them up for those prices, ha.

That brings my GameCube collection up to four...

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »

Never got into that show at all, probably too busy!
    I watched the final couple of series of Angel though, seemed pretty good.

I had a copy of N+ for the DS heading my way and then it got delayed and cancelled, via Amazon, feckers, happily I then bought it via Ebay for less, and it's shipped and on the way, happy days.
    Also have a copy of Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story on the way, which should make the lad here quite happy.

Monkeykube wrote: »

Who doesn't want a copy of buffy or several!

TV Buffy or Movie Buffy?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard that Buffy game is surprisingly decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    From what I remember yeah, I think there was a nds game that I didn't like and the gameboy version? I didn't hear good things about but I'm not sure, there definitely was 2 bad ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Almost all my stuff is on its way to Ireland now after a brief stop in Manchester at my sisters postal address.

I have a PS2 on the way, as my original one gave up. Should hopefully reach my sister tomorrow. This comes teamed with Devil May Cry, Killer 7 and Viewtiful Joe (plus memory card and 2 controllers if memory serves correctly).

A couple more modern games. No More Heroes on Wii and Genji: Days of the Blade on PS3 (I really want to build my PS3/XBox 360 exclusive collections now).

There is also Mega Games 1 (World Cup Italia 90, Super Hang On and Columns) and Mega Games 2 (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi) and Gynoug for Mega Drive, completing my 'Mega Games' Collection (apart from the 6 in 1 ones, which are the same games anyway).

And finally, after nearly 20 years of waiting I have a Sega Saturn on the way, combined with Resident Evil (which at the moment is sealed), an Action Replay Plus cart, Assault Suit Leynos 2 (Japan exclusive) and Guardian Heroes (Japanese version because stuff paying PAL prices) with Daytona USA and Virtua Fighter 2 to be sent very shortly.

The best thing? They're all presents so didn't cost me a penny

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yeah as far as tv show games go it's actually very playable as was well received. There's the sequel, chaos bleeds, on the ps2/xbox/cube and GBA (I think) which is ok but included multiplayer which is kinda fun. There's another one on the GBC which I enjoyed as a kid but wouldn't be overly fond of it now and then a DS game which I've heard isn't very good at all.

The original Daytona on the Saturn may not have been much of a looker but it really captured the feel of the arcade game, far more than the followup on the same console.
    I have lots of love for the Dreamcast Daytona title, and it's the one DC game I would have loved to have seen transferred to the PS2 or later console, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I heard the DC version is amazing in comparison to the Saturn. I have only played the arcade version though, so am looking forward to playing it.

The only problem is it has to be played with the DC steering wheel, the regular controls in their default state are way too sensitive and makenit difficult to play.
    But it is beautiful and, in my opinion, a far better game than the arcade original.

That always is a bold statement. TBH I did mostly get the Saturn for Japanese exclusive shooters and fighters, but there are still some decent PAL games. It's just a shame they seem a good bit more...

*cough* modchip...
    *cough cough* cake of cd-rs.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

*cough* modchip...
    *cough cough* cake of cd-rs.....

Cake of CDRs my bum... yes please I want mono audio with missing cutscenes and whole chunks of audio missing from certain games.

I'd also like everything downgraded from 44hz to 22khz or something else ****ey like that.

No thanks... GDRs all the way... most DC games are dirt cheap now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

So my wife went to the Fleadh in Sligo this weekend and while I had to attend a few things here over the weekend ...and this is what she comes back with , saying

-"here, I got you a bag of useless S#'t !"

photo(1).JPG

Best wife I've ever had ! :D
    Don't know what I like most, the bag or the Game chasers quote

LongZ wrote: »
    So my wife went to the Fleadh in Sligo this weekend and while I had to attend a few things here over the weekend ...and this is what she comes back with , saying

t7B0PQJeacHZpfnglRP6XkkT2QEeTikDneB49gBfP-74GJ4ZC_3QIqZo6NXWfFzrnYCwDwajIhoWjD89veYliJlsJBf712aOJUiiXYYcYCcCj4uISyYei2MCaRB0tpWuzKk-GFtnSPGZdDTri30K77VFTdaz5sZtRBK1tXzxLX43eEmd1Ld3cKI0EBuAoAjenHGNxy876NbVUe1wG_hfFkCq8Qva_USWMFtAn6StDjTj5RdG6KWbAPc1ncQfas2zImJVpu-phVMifipt-nMc3jVNX4nI_6PlFyJ5qHDEabr0XONRP2PTymAKv4VRCzeSiTXjeY4YZ_v9skrBAltOMKKLavDOFbq4_e_R8zUxnnbnjDgtEkiiSYkKw2luZ51WXbH_DC9n-STY-ubpmn4PtRXqcyCeeA4wA8Yf9FCSFfNR0Jb9-VJwP-0igyq1dY3T8YmTnRMsWcJNMvHXlBiaWq5NrDKsHphMDDwchvusk4MEJP3i1IzY3FiOewwYOt-vjNYihs_Vn7KXTL7ZJwh0PZjGI5gq1dHMbEEbjwMZaT6yphKIXE33v60qbsJA3XcUPqi7uxA=w1493-h554-l75

We don't have permission to see that apparently. If that's coming from Google Plus make sure you share it out and mark it as Public so that we can see it.

• Advertisement

fixed :)

MrVestek wrote: »
    Cake of CDRs my bum... yes please I want mono audio with missing cutscenes and whole chunks of audio missing from certain games.

I'd also like everything downgraded from 44hz to 22khz or something else ****ey like that.

No thanks... GDRs all the way... most DC games are dirt cheap now.

I wasn't referring to the DC, I was referring to his post about Saturn games.
    Honestly, do try to keep up! ;)

LongZ wrote: »

photo(1).JPG

Don't know what I like most, the bag or the Game chasers quote

Oh, Mischief Makers! Nice one!

Got this in the post this morning.

51FD545B-26DE-41BD-BAC4-55E6EFF65293_zpsxnnjqlsm.jpg

It was dirt cheap at €4 posted and it's kinda cool hearing some of the DDR songs remade for the gameboy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got this in the post this morning.

51FD545B-26DE-41BD-BAC4-55E6EFF65293_zpsxnnjqlsm.jpg

It was dirt cheap at €4 posted and it's kinda cool hearing some of the DDR songs remade for the gameboy.

Protip - don't play this version with your feet :pac:

You'll have to get this to go with it!
    dancedance_mainb-174650_320w.jpg

Oh, Mischief Makers! Nice one!

yeah. nice little game, never played it before, spent some time on it last night and it's quite fun.
    Reminded me of some of some ps1 titles like Klonoa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Got these on my trip to cex today, how did. I do xD. I think 6.50 well spent.

I was in Gamestop, all geared up to buy Trackmania for the Wii for 30 when I had an epiphany and realised I'd never actually play it.
    So, I bought a bunch of other games I'll never play instead!
    Rainbow 6 Vegas and it's sequel as well as Little Deviants for the Vita (thanks Atavan) and Nanostray for the DS.

• Advertisement

Flaregon, I have been after both the Wii and XBox 360 versions of Onechanbara for ages! Was going to buy it on XBox in Australia, but EB Games had lost the disc :(

Ciderman, I had Nanostray 2 on DS, that was a great little shooter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

BCGMatt wrote: »
    Flaregon, I ha ve been after both the Wii and XBox 360 versions of Onechanbara for ages! Was going to buy it on XBox in Australia, but EB Games had lost the disc :(

Ciderman, I had Nanostray 2 on DS, that was a great little shooter!

I want the ps2 version its a 505 game called zombie zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got some Sentinel64 protective cases for Super Famicom games and Game Boy/ Game Boy Advance. They look really well actually and of course offer that awesome protection and nice finish.

They cost a little more than other cases, but the quality really is great.

So, its mine ! :)

I've wanted one of these for a very long time and it's finally mine.
    Admittedly I'd have loved to have picked up an original Atari Pong machine but they are quite expensive so the same design but slightly better and cheaper to boot.
    Unlike the following Pong consoles which had removable controllers and moved away from the original design, Super Pong is identical aside from the colour of the label and a four position switch for the different games.
    And it is costing me €55 posted from the US.
    Happy days!

A few more smilies just to show just how pleased I am
    :). :). :)

Atari_Super_Pong.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

So, its mine ! :)

I've wanted one of these for a very long time and it's finally mine.
    Admittedly I'd have loved to have picked up an original Atari Pong machine but they are quite expensive so the same design but slightly better and cheaper to boot.
    Unlike the following Pong consoles which had removable controllers and moved away from the original design, Super Pong is identical aside from the colour of the label and a four position switch for the different games.
    And it is costing me €55 posted from the US.
    Happy days!

A few more smilies just to show just how pleased I am
    :). :). :)

Atari_Super_Pong.jpg

Does it have RGB output? Can you region mod it?
    :pac:

Steve SI wrote: »
    Does it have RGB output? Can you region mod it?
    :pac:

It's not so much an RGB mod as a B&W mod!
    And the dot, its supposed to crawl, from one side of the screen to the other!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I got some stuff from RAGE
    FOR FREE!!!!!11one

they are now the bestest retro shop in Dublin!;)
    (also a copy of Rad Gravity on the NES but not for free!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I got some stuff from RAGE
    FOR FREE!!!!!11one

they are now the bestest retro shop in Dublin!;)
    (also a copy of Rad Gravity on the NES but not for free!)

Lucky fecker, I've only ever gotten junk (comparatively) in that bin when they're doing a clearout.

Must pop past RAGE more often...

Does anyone know when I am going to be allowed to post images in the forum? Apparently I am not allowed :(

In good news, my first package turned up today! In my possession are Assault Suit Leynos 2 and Guardian Heroes for Japanese Saturn, Genji: Days of the Blade for PS3, Killer7 for PS2, and both Mega Games 1 + 2 for Mega Drive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think you have to have 50 posts before you can post pictures and links on boards.

They slowly seem to be turning things around in the RAGE which is good and it seems to be in part due to the manager Rob's attitude towards the place since he took over.

He gave me 5 free Dreamcast promo discs there a while ago which are fully fledged white label games.

He also said he'd keep an eye out for demos and more promos and keep them behind the desk for me until the next time I pop in.

I also bought a copy of Super Mario All-Stars in there and even though he wasn't serving me he saw me and told the guy at the counter to give me a discount.

THIS is how you create loyal customers The R.A.G.E.

Kudos.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement