Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Haven't posted any gets in a while.

Lufia German big box version.

The German big box titles are some of the hidden gems of the PAL catalogue imo.

IMAG0363_1.jpg

The triumvirate is complete. Finally managed to pick up a decent priced SF version.

IMAG0364_1_1.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I've gone to the dark side, moved away from my Pebble watches and now only use Apple Watch!

You fool!
    You'll be back, oh yes, you'll be back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've gone to the dark side, moved away from my Pebble watches and now only use Apple Watch!

One on each wrist I suppose ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

One on each wrist I suppose ;)

One watch, but many straps :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Do they tell the time though? Or just let you know someone posted something on Facebook that you need to look at on your phone (when they're not plugged in charging). :P

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do they tell the time though? Or just let you know someone posted something on Facebook that you need to look at on your phone (when they're not plugged in charging). :P

I do charge it most nights, that’s one thing from the Pebble Steel I miss, the battery life.
    It’s got a few features I like and the health tracking actually works well in tandem with the iPhone. I’ve filtered the notifications so I just get what I need.
    It’s a gadget nobody needs, but I do like my gadgets :)
    If we ever get a “new gadget gets” thread you’ll all see the full extent of my sickness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone here is into watches, but just got my first mechanical!

A Laco Aachen. Great value for money. I've been after for a WW2 styled aviation watch so no better than a company who made the real things.

Has an automatic rotor which winds the watch from your natural movements, but you can manually wind it up too for about 40 hours of life.

The numbers on the dial use superluminova which make it look like it came out on a nuclear reactor at night :D

IMG_20160722_140505732_zps0jazvmqp.jpg

I think I might be developing the beginnings of a new hobby, already looking for my next one.

Watches and runners have been my main spend lately.... Stowa make a really nice version of that watch. Fairly pricey though.

You can buy Rolex and Omega watches and the likes at an ok price if you go vintage/used. Keep an eye on the online watch auctions if you're interested. Chrono24 and the saleroom often have live auctions streaming. My cousin has been buying some online and trading up. Handy way of eventually getting something you like without paying through the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Corholio wrote: »
    Haven't posted any gets in a while.

Lufia German big box version.

The German big box titles are some of the hidden gems of the PAL catalogue imo.

IMAG0363_1.jpg
    I'm so jealous! I love playing Lufia, I should go back and finish it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

All this talk of watches I have a

ptacasio.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    All this talk of watches I have a

ptacasio.gif

Yeah, but your Shower Ring earrings make you pass for 21 easily

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I do charge it most nights, that’s one thing from the Pebble Steel I miss, the battery life.
    It’s got a few features I like and the health tracking actually works well in tandem with the iPhone. I’ve filtered the notifications so I just get what I need.
    It’s a gadget nobody needs, but I do like my gadgets :)
    If we ever get a “new gadget gets” thread you’ll all see the full extent of my sickness :)

"If we ever get a new gadget gets thread"...

We do have a Gadgets Forum you know.

Why haven't you started the thread already ya lazy git! :pac:

I'm still waiting for you to post in my kickstarter thread btw...

Doge wrote: »
    "If we ever get a new gadget gets thread"...

We do have a Gadgets Forum you know.

Why haven't you started the thread already ya lazy git! :pac:

I'm still waiting for you to post in my kickstarter thread btw...

I rarely venture outside the A&R forum on Boards. Too many muppets and mouth breathers for my liking :)

Picked up Resi Zero in CEX and Let's Yoga on NDS last week, friend of mine got me this super soft doge pillow (belated birthday present lol)

Picked up Resi Zero in CEX and Let's Yoga on NDS last week, friend of mine got me this super soft doge pillow (belated birthday present lol)

For a second there, just a second, I thought the pillow would have lots of photos of the user Doge on it, which would be awesome... and creepy at the same time.
    And then I saw the attached photo, and its a doge pillow, which is still creepy, but less so....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For a second there, just a second, I thought the pillow would have lots of photos of the user Doge on it, which would be awesome... and creepy at the same time.
    And then I saw the attached photo, and its a doge pillow, which is still creepy, but less so....
    Oh! hadn't even thought of that lol
    Doge the doggo not the user. Everyone needs some wow in their lives
    1178561.jpg
    and that's w - o - w, wow (and not w.o.w. World of Warcraft).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I rarely venture outside the A&R forum on Boards. Too many muppets and mouth breathers for my liking :)

Just stay away from After Hours and you'll be fine! ;)

I'd love to see you post in the 2 threads mentioned though. I'll start a post here when you get a new gadgets thread later today when I get some sleep.

The Nintendo forum is good.
    It has a good community there, and the mod is a god, so very like here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The Nintendo forum is good.
    It has a good community there, and the mod is a god, so very like here!

It's a peepee soaked heck hole and you know it.

Went to the Market in Balbriggan and got.... Feck all.
    No BGOllie style get hauls here :(
    But I did pick up Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 for the PS which is bringing back all sorts of double plus good memories right now, especially that soundtrack!
    Nothing like a bit of Public Enemy/Anthrax to get you energised on a Sunday morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

well... (can we still be friends Cidey ? :D )

13615231_10154382666303276_2183973051831429510_n.jpg?oh=a9de62365d8c79f1607c77c224f25ed4&oe=58298336

Left behind one n64, n64 sports titles, two megadrive model 2, more MD sports titles, 2 xbox and about 4 psone,2 silver ps2 slim for other people to find. although by the looks of it they'll be there next week too

That market in balbriggan is big but you need to get there first thing in the morning as people do deals there before the thing "officialy" opens. In general, city markets and shops aren't great because they're picked constantly and early.

• Advertisement

Damn you, Damnyou, Damnnnyyouuu!!!!!!

Of course we can be friends....

Why no, that's not an axe in my hand, it's my... hugging stick....

A few things landed in work for me this morning,
    Internal Section, for the PS, courtesy of Steve Bailey.

and a free pouch of coffee!

And the other is Excitebots Trick Racing, for the Wii.
    Not released outside of NTSC territories, this is a bizarre entry into the Excite- series, but is a lot of fun, having played it by... means, some time ago.

Ah Steve Bailey, the reason I'm on first name terms with my 2 local Postmen(bike guy and van man) and have their numbers in my phone.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've had to stop looking at his stuff for the last while. Really annoying because he's had Panic Coaster in twice and I've had to let it slide :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Finally got my childhood mate back:
    21140C31-6B72-40C6-87B8-C69EB019CA0F_zps9uhlertl.jpg

Thanks to C-13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've had to stop looking at his stuff for the last while. Really annoying because he's had Panic Coaster in twice and I've had to let it slide :(

I know that feel. Not buying anything until I'm moved and working. Anytime I see Steve posting on Facebook I've to quickly scroll past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

eddhorse wrote: »
    Finally got my childhood mate back:
    21140C31-6B72-40C6-87B8-C69EB019CA0F_zps9uhlertl.jpgThanks to C-13
    Whats in the Please Please Read Me First envelope? Sounds a bit more serious than the usual warranty stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats in the Please Please Read Me First envelope? Sounds a bit more serious than the usual warranty stuff.

I didnt read it, who reads manuals

CDD3441C-7330-4FBF-B047-12099D99457F_zpsxvtvwdzw.jpg

B2AD9C11-8A85-4330-8077-9380681E63BE_zpsuolqgys7.jpg

F4287005-20B6-46D6-BA4E-5F18729C9967_zpsm9c69fli.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got some bits and pieces for the Amiga and first bit showed up today!:)

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator for Amiga came today. Installed and working. :)

nlu245.jpg

Brand spanking new amiga mouse should be here tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Firefox11 wrote:
    Gotek USB Floppy Emulator for Amiga came today. Installed and working.

Looking at getting one if these. Think ill keep it external though...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement