Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Or fit a second harness and switch between them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Awesome :) just won an auction for a bit of retro gear I've been on the hunt for , for ages :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Awesome :) just won an auction for a bit of retro gear I've been on the hunt for , for ages :)

Ohhhhh sounds exciting.
    Is it this ;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-World-Championship-Cartridge-Grey-Nintendo-NES-/262544064350?hash=item3d20d87f5e:g:nY8AAOSw-YVXld0p

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Hmm, well it's not the end of the world having to swap manually.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?t=17913

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not much in today retro wise.

sU5lJ6S.jpg
    Very boring looking pcb this
    cQ9GLQ7.jpg
    LFgKw4C.jpg

Kickstarter reward for a book i backed(signed by some dude :))
    TUHaq7q.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice Jonathan Smyth the programmer ! Sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Steve you've got some super sweet gets lately...whats your secret :-D

smurf492 wrote: »
    Steve you've got some super sweet gets lately...whats your secret :-D

Work smart not hard, Buy low sell high, sleep little :)
    Or something like that, too many tasty whiskeys in me to make much sense I'm afraid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Steve X2 wrote:
    Work smart not hard, Buy low sell high, sleep little Or something like that, too many tasty whiskeys in me to make much sense I'm afraid

God bless us all the day you may decide to sell your stash ;-) :-P hope its a good whiskey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A couple of bits this morning, awaiting me upon my desk
    beHRzUrm.jpg

I've always loved the Peter Jackson vision of King Kong and the book came out, by the Weta Workshop, in connection with the movie.
    The conceit is that it is a scientific record of the island, it's geography, flora and fauna, as recorded just before WWII and the island'd destruction in that war.
    Tons of material, beautifully illustrated.
    It's not in perfect but good condition for a ten year old book.

The two Famicom carts are Ninja Gaiden I and II, I had looked at the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy for the Snes, but the games are unmodified ports of the originals, and the Trilogy cart is expensive, so the original route was the way to go.
    Ninja Gaiden III is a little more expensive, so I'll bide my time and pick it up in the coming months.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get the famicom version of ninja gaiden 3, they royally ****ed up the western release by taking out unlimited continues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Get the famicom version of ninja gaiden 3, they royally ****ed up the western release by taking out unlimited continues.

That's the set I'm aiming at, I prefer the look of Famicom carts anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

so yeah got a few calls from a couple of guys I've grown to know who have stalls at a few car boot sales/markets I go to. They said they'd found "video game stuff" in storage lots they bought.
    weird to see a stack of Genesis games in Ireland ...
    13920850_10154401898848276_6073183129386361349_n.jpg?oh=9e3ad70a16d5de22d76bd2d18a68e491&oe=5820DD37

I know it looks good and lucky on paper but I spent years establishing relationship with people at the markets, consistently going to many car boot sales and charity shops ... and a 6/7am start on sunday is not always a pleasant experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

next week: Ollie finds a sealed copy of Stadium Events for €10

next week: Ollie finds a sealed copy of Stadium Events for €10

...stick around...
    119588-192027-glenn-quagmire.png

Giggedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

You definitely the best Game Chaser in Ireland Ollz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

BGOllie wrote: »
    I know it looks good and lucky on paper but I spent years establishing relationship with people at the markets, consistently going to many car boot sales and charity shops ... and a 6/7am start on sunday is not always a pleasant experience

So you are saying that hard work pays off...... hmm this sounds very fishy to me. ;D

Doge wrote: »
    You definitely the best Game Chaser in Ireland Ollz!

I must have rubbed off them when I met them last year...

...that came out wrong...

...actually no, they did rub themselves off me at the party after the convention :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm like a wean at Christmas right now so bear with me :D

She arrived today

UYrT9bBl.jpg

WRPzeXSl.jpg

ZuojbXDl.jpg

yQYKyi3l.jpg

j1rE03rl.jpg

aQWDBDIl.jpg
    I haven't seen a MD2 in 20 years so it's shocking I forgot how small it was compared to Model 1

QgGQpKcl.jpg
    And I just threw on a random region-free game to see if it worked.

Well, I can only sum myself up in no other way but;

WTg4yhzl.png

And I have about 7 NTSC-J games on the way throughout the course of August - I'm delighted. I never buy myself things like this :)

• Advertisement

Lovely get! I never knew the Japanese MD2's had a sliding power switch...thought they were push buttons like the US/EU versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice! Looks minty fresh!

Nice! Looks minty fresh!

I was stunned at how well it was looked after to be honest, even the box is immaculate.

I was stunned at how well it was looked after to be honest, even the box is immaculate.

You get that a lot when buying games/consoles from Japan...they really look after their stuff.

What, no A&R arrivals packed in a used pizza box?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What, no A&R arrivals packed in a used pizza box?

Evidently not! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Finally got a clean one of these :) I think that's my home computer collection now complete (apart for the ridiculously expensive stuff).

28642716102_45901cf772_c.jpg

Wow, I haven't used one of those since 92!
    The hospital I was training in decided to replace their BBC:B machines, while I suggested Amiga 1200's they went with Archimedes', and a number of them too, must have cost a fortune!

Few bits in today.

OaPRzUN.jpg

vauW7PU.jpg

wFO4eec.jpg

Dz9cj5O.jpg

You know you buy too many retro games when you have to get a barcode scanner to help you input them into your collection database software :)
    It's a decent barcode scanner actually, bluetooth/USB, all the good stuff :)

R5jAYt0.jpg

• Advertisement

This arrived this morning, the XCAPTURE-1 from Micomsoft (of XRGB fame). Sailed through customs thanks to the "Friendly" customs declaration that Solaris offer :)
    It's not retro in and of itself, but its going into the loop with my XRGB Mini Framemeister for capturing whatever its displaying/processing (retro consoles or modern).

Kind of pricey, but the results from what I've seen are worth it.

e9s7uaD.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement