Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Where did you get the stools, are they too tall?

They look too tall in that pic, but are perfect for me. I'm 5 foot 10 and the height seems bang on for playing on the cab. I usually bring in a kitchen chair anyway if I'm going to play for hours as back support is nice :)

Got them from here as the price was right. Had to chase them up as delivery was slow, but they got here in the end.
    http://lowcostfurnituredirect.ie/product/wizard-storage-stool/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Steve X2 wrote: »
    They look too tall in that pic, but are perfect for me. I'm 5 foot 10 and the height seems bang on for playing on the cab. I usually bring in a kitchen chair anyway if I'm going to play for hours as back support is nice :)

Got them from here as the price was right. Had to chase them up as delivery was slow, but they got here in the end.
    http://lowcostfurnituredirect.ie/product/wizard-storage-stool/

Great thanks, i like the lower back support for hours of my poor gameplay.

a wizards stool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

a wizards stool is pointy at one end!

It's always a good time to post this one
    Bristol-stool-chart1.jpg

For those that haven't seen these stools before, the top comes off and it's hollow to allow for storage. I'm thinking bags of ice and maybe a few Pale Ales :)
    Also handy to butt cool during intense gaming sessions :D

Edit:
    After seeing the above chart, it might also work as a toilet I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd quite fancy one of those N64 Everdrives - do you guys know if you can use it to disable the n64's Vaseline-o-vision?

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd quite fancy one of those N64 Everdrives - do you guys know if you can use it to disable the n64's Vaseline-o-vision?

I know you can get ips patches for the roms that does it and some gameshark type codes for some games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It supports cheat codes from the OS.

Also... Mine arrived today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a call from my wife today saying one of her colleagues had found something for me :)

13891924_10154426336598276_7576206725724162633_n.jpg?oh=52b25c1a282a63d09d3b57108cfa51bd&oe=58529CD4

this makes up for my dismal weekend :D

Master of the Universe

Just realised that the PS3 dev yolk I got uses a special dev controller that doesn't work with the regular ps3 - which didn't come with my one :eek:

Fired off an email to the guy selling them and he found one thank feck. That would have been quite the expensive paperweight!

• Advertisement

Not retro related, but my pre-order Xbox One S arrived this morning. It's a lot smaller than the older model and at long last no power brick, just a normal cable :)
    I wouldn't have bothered with it except I was looking for a 4K HDR Blu Ray player, and this was the cheapest option.

jnMj2kP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Bought an Atari Portfolio of adverts and a Amstrad cpc464+ ( that were not working)

Tried the batteries in the Atari and no joy, plugged in the Atari lynx power supply and hey presto one working Atari Portfolio.

Cleaned up the Amstrad have not had a chance to see if it powers on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

Steve X2 wrote:
    Not retro related, but my pre-order Xbox One S arrived this morning. It's a lot smaller than the older model and at long last no power brick, just a normal cable I wouldn't have bothered with it except I was looking for a 4K HDR Blu Ray player, and this was the cheapest option.

Ooh its so white and shiny. Nice option with the 4K HDR. Hope PlayStation do a good job on that as i am holding out for the neo..

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Fairly humble get today. Saw it in The Rage earlier so decided to grab it.

394115.jpg

Reason I was pretty pleased to find this is that I have been looking for it on Ebay on and off the past while and searching for "one" "playstation 1" is a pretty irritating Ebay endeavor.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bought an Atari Portfolio of adverts and a Amstrad cpc464+ ( that were not working)

Tried the batteries in the Atari and no joy, plugged in the Atari lynx power supply and hey presto one working Atari Portfolio.

Cleaned up the Amstrad have not had a chance to see if it powers on.

Just, don't go around on a dirt bike with your mates, hacking ATMs!

Not too much retro in today. A few retro games, but I also got my 4k HDR tv and a few HDR blu rays to watch over the weekend :)

8K9LMYD.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭smurf492

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Just, don't go around on a dirt bike with your mates, hacking ATMs!

EASY MONEY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Okay, all the games I ordered along with my Mega Drive arrived this week, with the last two arriving this morning. (No Man's Sky included because it was amongst the orders I wanted)

Happy happy happy

qY9mM5th.jpg

q41NiO1h.jpg

And for the record: someone commented on these photos on IMGur and told me I was sad - gave me a low score. That put me on a downer for a while - harsh :(
    (I didn't know the album was public)

Small, but tasty :)

EIZQmEQ.jpg

Master of the Universe

This monster just landed. I really wasn't expecting it to be so big. Weighs 10kg an almost takes up the whole top of an Ikea thingy.
    The quality of it though, wow! It's incredible. Apparently these things cost $12,000 to developers when they came out. You really do get that sense of nothing being spared in it's production.

thumbnail_IMG_20160812_201305920_zpsjizxetgq.jpg

Bit of a blurry one, I'll take some better snaps once I'm done messing about with it.

thumbnail_IMG_20160812_201311776_zpsptneudyu.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

What does it do though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

What does it do though?
    Oh, the things it does - my stars!
    380229.jpg

Master of the Universe

What does it do though?

800gb of HDD space so I'm going to fill it with PS3 games.

No copy protection etc like the PS2 test units. Has twice the RAM of a PS3 and can emulate all the different models.

Hoping there might be some interesting bits left on the harddrives in it too!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Just got this, My first one ever. Let the addiction begin. :D Have very little knowledge on these so it will be a learning experience too.

394256.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

800gb of HDD space so I'm going to fill it with PS3 games.

No copy protection etc like the PS2 test units. Has twice the RAM of a PS3 and can emulate all the different models.
    Oh right! How many games would it fit?
    Why is it so heavy? Probably a silly question but gonna ask anyway

Master of the Universe

If I've done my maths correctly, I think about 32 games in total?

That's full retail games though, there are also much smaller ones like Journey which I'm hoping can be loaded onto it too.

The reasons for the weight, I've a feeling the chassis itself takes up a lot of that. It's all metal construction, meant to be put into a rack/abused a bit in a development type situation.

The controller for it landed in Parcel Motel today so I should be able to have a bit of a mess about with it soon enough.

Seemed like a good deal anyway, cost 350 delivered. A couple of years ago people were looking for thousands for them - obviously a lot are just being offloaded now with the PS4 being released.

Here's the lad I bought it from. He's selling a load untested, but if you contact him directly he'll give you one of the better ones that's tested to boot correctly.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142077412516?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Master of the Universe

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    Just got this, My first one ever. Let the addiction begin. :D Have very little knowledge on these so it will be a learning experience too.

Too cool! Where'd you manage to pick that up from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Badlands, what a bizarre little racing game! I do remember thinking it so weird how much the wheels could be spun!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Too cool! Where'd you manage to pick that up from?

Thanks :) Picked it up on adverts for €100, Not sure the plan yet, Its in pretty good condition, I might restore it further. It needs a new marquee and some tidying up. I wont mess with the insides just yet for fear of electrocution :p

• Advertisement

A little less than a 4k display, in fact I'd say there's only about 50 active elements in the display altogether!
    But it is a lovely thing, and is adding nicely to the Game and Watch collection here.

8lOxbaWm.jpg

RZhq5BHm.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement