Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    Thanks :) Picked it up on adverts for €100, Not sure the plan yet, Its in pretty good condition, I might restore it further. It needs a new marquee and some tidying up. I wont mess with the insides just yet for fear of electrocution :p

100 quid??? lucky man!

Yeah just leave it on running for a few hours to check and see how the monitor is holding up.

It's a really interesting hobby to get into from an electronics point of view, all very simple but it does require a bit of reading up so you don't blast yourself :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    If I've done my maths correctly, I think about 32 games in total? ...
    The reasons for the weight, I've a feeling the chassis itself takes up a lot of that. It's all metal construction, meant to be put into a rack/abused a bit in a development type situation.
    The controller for it landed in Parcel Motel today so I should be able to have a bit of a mess about with it soon enough.
    Thanks for that, I hope it'll work out well :) lemme know how it goes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Neo_Ninja wrote: »

The guy I bought my cocktail off had a badlands it wasn't him was it? He swore he would never sell it. He had a cool man cave downstairs in his house with a big pool table and a load of gym gear in it. I think he was down around Mullingar somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Oisin, Following your ps3 dev kit posts with interest.

How did the eBay seller come to get his hands on so many units do you know?

Also, would you consider doing a tear down of yours?

Looking forward to seeing the controller too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

The guy I bought my cocktail off had a badlands it wasn't him was it? He swore he would never sell it. He had a cool man cave downstairs in his house with a big pool table and a load of gym gear in it. I think he was down around Mullingar somewhere.

No I don't think it was the same guy, could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got one of these Famiclones, neat enough little box. Controllers are pretty decent and the AV output is actually better than my Sharp Twin FC.

Dirt cheap as well, $6 + shipping :)

28957476065_c99c3f20bb_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got one of these Famiclones, neat enough little box. Controllers are pretty decent and the AV output is actually better than my Sharp Twin FC.

Dirt cheap as well, $6 + shipping :)

28957476065_c99c3f20bb_c.jpg

Any chance of a link?
    Everyone needs more Famiclone in their lives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So the controller turned out to be a regular PS3 one, which is disappointing in a way, but it works perfectly with the dev unit so I guess that's better in the long run.

Still trying to figure it all out but getting there slowly. There's a really cool extra developer menu with a million different options.

I've figured out that how it works is one of the HDDs has the whole PS3 OS on it and the second HDD is a blueray drive emulator. You can select between the blueray drive or blueray emulation in the dev menu.

To explain the level of detail, there's actually a section on the dev menu to change the write speed from the HDD when using blueray emulation. It's all really fascinating.

Currently trying to figure out how in god's name to FTP to the thing, with not much luck :pac: - I also don't have a PS3 game to see if that part of it actually works! will pick one up in town tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I, personally, have always been a fan of the \\ option. That's how I've been transferring roms to RetroPie (\\retropie in the Windows start menu).

Maybe try figuring out its name on the network, stick \\ before it and see if you can load them on that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any chance of a link?
    Everyone needs more Famiclone in their lives!

Got if from Yamatoku-Classic on Ebay.

Usually has decent prices on the consoles but shipping is a killer :mad:

Forgot to post this PacMan charm I got back in June

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So kinda retro related I guess...

New Vinyl and Awesome Tech gets.

IAjbeC1l.png (I hope that's small enough for you Ciderman...)

So that's the Star Trek Into Darkness soundtrack on Vinyl and the Wand Company's Bluetooth Star Trek Communicator.

I haven't taken a call through it yet but I did play some music through it briefly...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

NES N8 Everdrive. I got a few more bits in, but nobody wants to see joystick extension cables and weird scart adapters for my equally weird AV setup :)

NocQ1i8.jpg

4eLRAM5.jpg

Got the pink stool to match the controls (well almost, not quite the right shade of pink, the blue is closer)

YYD4xzn.jpg
    wLzSFtX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

traded a few paintings for some Amiga games :)

14034702_10154451189263276_8872222194961317011_n.jpg?oh=6d2e7092a0cdfcb08fdd26c3a829e52e&oe=58481631

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Don't think I've played Flight Simulator but the other two are great games. That music in Turbo Lotus, wow.
    Think there was a Pinball Fantasies game also, maybe a sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yeah that lotus 2 intro is on my list of covers... as is lotus 1 :)

pinball dreams had pretty killer tunes too. Very demo like

I got a cute new pouch for my 3DS from Atavan for picking up a Pikachu hat I saw down here. It's a bit boring I know but I've 2 games on the way that's a bit more interesting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

BGOllie wrote: »
    traded a few paintings for some Amiga games :)

14034702_10154451189263276_8872222194961317011_n.jpg?oh=6d2e7092a0cdfcb08fdd26c3a829e52e&oe=58481631

Ill have a midlt related get tomorrow hopefully. :)

• Advertisement

Here's the "mildly" related get I treated myself to...

The Big box version of EF2000 V1.0 Combat Flight Simulator for DOS, in very good condition for cheap, the manual looks new and unread!

m2lwmwC.jpg

S0299Wz.jpg

QIWreYN.jpg

xkFKl83.jpg

They don't make manuals like they used to!

eh41dfy.jpg

gcJsmdr.jpg

Wic7rO4.jpg

wzauoeA.jpg

AVbLFbb.jpg

Broken images now fixed.

I think this is my first time buying a big box PC game since SiN and Quake II!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thats deadly, dont make them or package them like that anymore.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Remember when games came with manuals and PC games came with the manual version of war and peace.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Framemeister Mini arrived today. Not sure when I'll get to try it out though, maybe the weekend. I started game coding again so trying to keep it up this time!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Framemeister Mini arrived today. Not sure when I'll get to try it out though, maybe the weekend. I started game coding again so trying to keep it up this time!

You get the euro scart adapter with it? Or are you going Jap JP21 all the way?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    You get the euro scart adapter with it? Or are you going Jap JP21 all the way?

Got the euro scart adapter, I'm hoping it works! It's too much bother replacing all my cables with JP21. Got the component D-terminal cable as well but I doubt I'll get use out of it unless I find a PS2 component cable.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got the euro scart adapter, I'm hoping it works! It's too much bother replacing all my cables with JP21. Got the component D-terminal cable as well but I doubt I'll get use out of it unless I find a PS2 component cable.

I got the Euro adaptor and D terminal. It all works :)
    D terminal is handy to have, just in case.
    Did you get a micro sd with yours? If not grab yourself a small one as you'll need it for profile storage. I normally get the profile setup for whatever I'm using, save it and pop the SD card out and rename the file to something that makes sense to humans.

Few tasty bits in today.

t4cCXcp.jpg

QNr5Dbl.jpg

79uYRy6.jpg

nyDtHyL.jpg

olHepEM.jpg

320nF2f.jpg

LkPrHHP.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

There really is nothing better then Super Famicom box art!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement