Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Few tasty bits in today.
    Well jell! I have a super nice boxed SNES game on the way and I feel more impatient about it now seeing your gets! I'm really excited for it, it's very nostalgic for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Damn need a travel adapter to get the XRGB working! I'll get one at the weekend and try it out. Hope it's not a pain to use the instructions are all Japanese!

Can yoy cut the 2 pin off and stick an irish one on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Damn need a travel adapter to get the XRGB working! I'll get one at the weekend and try it out. Hope it's not a pain to use the instructions are all Japanese!

I found this fairly good, it has the different settings for various consoles. Don't be too surprised if you need to upgrade some rgb cables either, I had to change a few when I got mine. NTSC consoles are the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »

This is the psu I got and works perfect.
    51Gqs8UlnxL.jpg
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005JO0IO0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The Ghost Hunter Series box art looks so much like Gravelord Nito from Dark Souls.

Some really pretty game cases there, really shows the appeal of having a physical collection of games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Parawind wrote: »
    There really is nothing better then Super Famicom box art!

Agree about the art definitely. May be just me though but I never liked the shape of SF boxes, especially compared to PAL and NTSC. They never felt like 'proper' game boxes to me, I'm more of a horizontal-er :p

1/5 of my treats has arrived!
    Claymore on the NDS, it's one of my favourite anime series. Used to see it for a tenner more than what I got it for so I'm happy with that. I think it's DMC style kill all the monsters go to the next room type game.

2/5 of my treats came while I was at work. It's super spoopy - The Ring Terrors Realm, I'll bring it to the Beers :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, if it is as Spoopy as you say, you have to bring it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...It's super spoopy...

Bags not being on cleanup duty!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, if it is as Spoopy as you say, you have to bring it!!
    I brought it once or twice years ago, it was, uh, my friends back up. Voice acting and music is atrocious. It's actually gotten a bit dear since I looked for it last, the opposite of the Claymore game lol.
    I got it for the horrorathon, gonna try it on original hardware instead and hope plays a bit better.
    I think the title of this video says it all though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's no Blue Stinger, that's for sure

It's no Blue Stinger, that's for sure
    Didn't he change his tshirt and learn karate in that?

The last few bits I picked up are a bit of a mixed bag. I got a famicom and pce everdrive followed by a Dreamcast with a USB-GDROM Controller back in April from Steve. I thought I had missed the boat on these so it was a nice surprise finally picking one up.

dfPzhNT_zpspxgfnnfs.jpg

I met the Last Bandit at the last beers in Cidermans and he brought me a nice PlayStation adapter for the JammaCon. It was good to put a face to the name and see the msx up and running. If you have a cab you need one of these, or two if you're Steve.

IMG_20160804_161409_zpsvnojh93e.jpg

Some PlayStation games from Steve Bailey, I was waiting for complete R-Types for a while as I kept missing it anytime he had it.

IMG_20160714_221947_zpsg8abihjm.jpg
    P1070612_zpsyifjjkwx.jpg
    P1070623_zpss7wp4daw.jpg
    IMG_20160804_155351_zps2vqv3lqc.jpg
    P1070621_zpshe3pn6g0.jpg

A trip to GameStop in Arklow yielded a trio of Yoshi's and a triforce lamp. The Yoshi's were in the sale at 7.50 each.

IMG_20160818_144612_zpsebr7p73z.jpg
    P1070762_zpsqwmmqbpe.jpg
    P1070763_zps7g9cvmwg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

With one of these 'Total Control Plus' converters you should be able to use the Dreamcast in the cab as well using that jammacon ps2 adapter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice adapters , saw the thread on AO, hotcakes, get your hotcakes !!

Might get a playstation daughter board off you.

I'll be ordering a couple of them at the weekend so, I'm meant to be saving for a Zelda 3ds at the moment. Stop tempting me with stuff I need or I'll never get that 3ds.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

A trip to GameStop in Arklow...

Oi!

resized_walter-white-meme-generator-stay-off-my-turf-41f5f6.jpg

Ah no, help yourself to that crowd. :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Oi!

resized_walter-white-meme-generator-stay-off-my-turf-41f5f6.jpg

Ah no, help yourself to that crowd. :pac:

mv0o1bu2savhbnbdwykj.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice adapters , saw the thread on AO, hotcakes, get your hotcakes !!

Might get a playstation daughter board off you.

No problem, pm when you want one.

Treat 3/5 arrived!
    The one I was so excited for! It's Wonder Kitchen boxed on SNES, loved playing it as a kid, it's pretty simple even with no English text.
    The manual was so bright. I love the card with the witch, I didn't see it in any other listings so I wanted it. (*˘︶˘*)
    I had an awful nights sleep last night so this really cheered me up.

I couldn't add a YouTube link earlier, so here it is if anyone is interested.

I love cart based games.
    And I'll tell you why.
    I bought GT6 for the PS3 today.
    I'm still wait for it to finish installing updates!
    Madness!
    I also made the mistake of popping Fable II into the XB1, to see if it was supported for Cidonalad to play, it is, which means another few hours of installing before it's ready!
    Luckily I can pop a cart into my Megadrive and off it goes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I love cart based games.
    And I'll tell you why.
    I bought GT6 for the PS3 today.
    I'm still wait for it to finish installing updates!
    Madness!
    I also made the mistake of popping Fable II into the XB1, to see if it was supported for Cidonalad to play, it is, which means another few hours of installing before it's ready!
    Luckily I can pop a cart into my Megadrive and off it goes!

Yeah I remember gt6 took an absolute age to update/install. Same with gt5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Sure it took me weeks before I could play GTA V on the PS3. The update failed at 99% every time I tried it.

Every time you turn a console on lately something needs to update, even the controller on the Xbox One...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah I find that as well, it really makes console gaming so unuser friendly. 15 to 20 minute update, before I can play anything. I mean I could load a C64 cassette game in that time.

Reminds me of the nightmare PC gaming was in the mid 90's
    Buy a new game?
    Think you are going to bring it home and play it straight away?
    Ha ha you fool!
    Think again!
    Update drivers.
    Now something else won't work.
    Repeat until it finally works.
    Hope the changes haven't buggered up the running of anything else.

Every time you turn a console on lately something needs to update, even the controller on the Xbox One...
    It happened twice trying to check to see if the humble bundle I posted was US only on PS3.
    Someone very kindly gave me Wii points to use and same, and it's not even something I associate with the Wii lol.
    Phoenix Wright's new demo was out this week, I was waiting for an update on 3DS too but thankfully not :) it'll catch me another time. I'm dreading the time I turn on the Vita though lol it's been so long.

• Advertisement

Speaking of the Vita, I was reading the disgusting behaviour of the Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford and his efforts to deny the developer of the Duke 3D Megaton port their dues, when they mentioned it was pulled from the various digital outlets, including the Vita.
    Colour me interested, I was later trawling my PS3 hdd, to make room for Okami 3D, thanks to the Humble Bundle, and there's the Megaton edition on the PS3!
    A user on the Games forum said then I should also have it for the Vita as it's a cross-buy and, sure enough, before I left the house I checked and there it was, on my download list on my Vita.
    Running out the door for work, no wifi there, so the phone did the wifi duties via a hotspot and now Duke 3D is happily living on my Vita, probably a better fit than the PS3 anyway.
    Pity there's no Quake port for the Vita though :(
    My Vita is too high in Firmware number to run the unofficial port :(:(
    Looks good too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement