Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Whenever I go see an action movie I always seek to pick out DeadMeat in the first 15 minutes or less.

Loved in the second one, as Topper is engaged in a bit of internal monologuing, and he gets mixed up in his dad's, from Apocalypse Now, "Loved you in Wall Street!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Had my SNES replica bluetooth controller delivered yesterday, the 8bitdo. Been a while since I held a genuine SNES controller but this feels great, is very responsive and does a great job of replicating the SNES controller. Makes a big difference when playing on my Nvida Shield TV and was easy to set up. Well worth £30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can the SNES 8bitdo be used with the Pi 3?

Yeah, my mate has one and it's where I first tried it. It works with the onboard bluetooth of the Pi 3 too, so no need for a dongle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Had my SNES replica bluetooth controller delivered yesterday, the 8bitdo. Been a while since I held a genuine SNES controller but this feels great, is very responsive and does a great job of replicating the SNES controller. Makes a big difference when playing on my Nvida Shield TV and was easy to set up. Well worth £30.

Where did you order it from?

/Edit: I see amazon.co.uk have them at least.

• Advertisement

Yeah it was Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Treat 4/5 came. Bought 2 SeHa Girls figures!
    So very happy that I got them, I didn't think I'd be able to or only for way more expensive. Have Dreamcast and Saturn for now, short 1 but watching the prices. Have something else on the way that's SeHa related too.
    I didn't get a chance to open them yet but I'll get more photos when I do (if anyone's interested of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Some new Retro Videogame related gets:

http://imgur.com/a/DLNEN

LOVE these releases.

Jesus, you could frame those sleeves alone and put them on a wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

After getting the Mega Drive I got greedy so I went and got a Super Famicom as well.

Owy7lSGh.jpg

9oUjoT9l.jpg

yggOatUl.jpg

iHqashxl.jpg

lbnteHZl.jpg

Never heard of the 10 games I got apart from Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario Kart.... but I bought those two separate so I don't really know what the other games are. I turned them all on just to get a quick look at them but 90% of them are all fully Japanese so navigating was cumbersome. Super Scope included as well - I'll probably never use it though as it has no batteries (6 AAs) and...well, I'm in zero rush to try it.
    Oh yeah, and I got a region-free PSone for about €30. I didn't realize it was so small.

(I hope I'm not coming across as rubbing it in - I'm really sorry if I am...)

• Advertisement

Never heard of the 10 games I got apart from Street Fighter 2 and Super Mario Kart.
    Oh yeah, and I got a region-free PSone for about €30. I didn't realize it was so small.

(I hope I'm not coming across as rubbing it in - I'm really sorry if I am...)
    I can tell you the bottom right game with the red hair is a Dodgeball game I was quite fond of, I'll edit and add the name (Honoo no Doukyuuji - Dodge Danpei) and behind it is a YuYu Hakusho game, I recognize it from the anime.
    It's pretty tiny isn't it? I didn't release it either when I got one, it's kinda cute.
    Not rubbing it in either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few nice bits in today.
    A word of advice, never tot up the total you've paid to Steve Bailey on Facebook, it hurts! :)

Castlevania Akumajo Dracula
    sGK4l9x.jpg

uOyVzXx.jpg

Most people dont know about this awesome game, Lack of Love, Google it :)
    StRjkvT.jpg

Vampire savior box set inc 4mb cart
    2wxrzJq.jpg

Daisenpu
    cAn9XAi.jpg

CG Portrait Series Dural disc.
    This one is hard to get in mint condition and I wanted it for ages. Some might think it's mad to pay over a hundred euro for something like this, but if you want something you want it :)

kOink0w.jpg

Arcadeforge UMSA for a project I've got lined up.

6MsRjvk.jpg

WQBIG5D.jpg

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Most people dont know about this awesome game, Lack of Love, Google it :)
    http://i.imgur.com/StRjkvT.jpg
    I know LoL, sure we had it at a few beers even could be wrong and that's okay, hadn't heard it talked about in ages. I'll be looking for more DC games soon, my collection is really small, but cheap stuff lol. I got a sleeve for them, gonna decorate it and stuff, put the jewel cases away.
    I like your CG Portrait Series Dural disc., wouldn't pay for it though lol but unusual.

I know LoL, sure we had it at a few beers even could be wrong and that's okay, hadn't heard it talked about in ages. I'll be looking for more DC games soon, my collection is really small, but cheap stuff lol. I got a sleeve for them, gonna decorate it and stuff, put the jewel cases away.
    I like your CG Portrait Series Dural disc., wouldn't pay for it though lol but unusual.

Yeah, it took me 7 or 8 years to get the first 10 discs with spine cards, and this completes the collection. You had to post in the spine cards from the other 10 discs to Sega to get the Dural one (number 11 in the series).

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yeah, it took me 7 or 8 years to get the first 10 discs with spine cards, and this completes the collection. You had to post in the spine cards from the other 10 discs to Sega to get the Dural one (number 11 in the series).
    That's mad, it must not come up often the Dural one then or any of them if it took so long? Delighted for you got to complete it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

@Steve
    Arcadeforge UMSA for a project I've got lined up.

Ohhhh colour me intrigued.

EDIT : Just saw Daisenpu/Twin Hawk, sweet

Mame:

Megadrive :

eddhorse wrote: »
    @Steve

Ohhhh colour me intrigued.

EDIT : Just saw Daisenpu/Twin Hawk, sweet

Mame:

Megadrive :

Nothing too amazing, just some XRGB/Xcapture-1 shenanigans.

Yeah, Daisenpu is decent. In fairness to Steve Bailey, he only sources and sells decent or interesting games on Facebook. Not a lot of filler games go up.

Sorry loads of hiccups posting today.
    I got my last treat, from the stuff I bought at the same time, so still some gets for the future.
    I got my Sega Hard Girls rubber charms set, so the box has:
    Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Mega Drive (book), SG-1000 (blue hair), CS-3000 (black hair), Sega Mark III (rabbit ears), Master System (black and red hair), Game Gear (red/green/blue fringe), Visual Memory (blue/aqua pigtails), Robo Pitcher (baseball bats)
    http://sega.wikia.com/wiki/SeHa_Girls
    I'll post the how they look open soon.

All opened, here's how they look out of the box (photo attached). I'm very happy with them, love Sega Mark 3's design but Mega Drive is my spirit animal lol. They're 60mm in size but depends km the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

You'll have to forgive me, I left both my Samsung and my digital camera at home so the photos had to be taken with my wonderful built-in webcam. :rolleyes:
    Vvsh1EDh.jpg?1

Picked these up at a charity shop up the road from me, costing €9 (€3 per game). Mario Kart was a personal highlight here because it goes for between €25 and €40 online.

I must pop in there again next week as they're after getting a heap of fresh games in, I only had 10 quid in my pocket today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Double Dash is such a fantastic entry into the series. If I'm having a few folk around for games, it's still my go-to title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

picked up from Mitch earlier on :)
    14233040_10154499836918276_6177364638575763990_n.jpg?oh=0e7db8a2430ab04141122c9a9bc12450&oe=583C16D5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice Ollie. All working? Pcb included?

What's the plan for it?

yeah it's working. have it somewhere nice and dry now. been playing it all weekend.
    Needs a clean and some cosmetic fix, and probably a close inspection of everything but it's good and playing fine. Also a good degauss on the monitor (any tips/tools for this ? ).

It's a dig-dug cab converted to arkanoid. Only interested in the arkanoid part really so I might just keep it as is , it's odd and kinda like it :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pick up a degaussing wand, can get them cheap on ebay and super handy to have about if you're moving CRTs.

Easy to use, just stand with it close to the screen and walk backwards while making slow circular motions.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Pick up a degaussing wand, can get them cheap on ebay and super handy to have about if you're moving CRTs.

Easy to use, just stand with it close to the screen and walk backwards while making slow circular motions.

man "Degaussing wand" search on ebay comes up with the weirdest things :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

BGOllie wrote: »

Also i would like to see a video of "just stand with it close to the screen and walk backwards while making slow circular motions." :D

eddhorse wrote: »
    Also i would like to see a video of "just stand with it close to the screen and walk backwards while making slow circular motions." :D

StarWarsKidnew-1.gif

I got a Japanese copy of Clocktower. Convinced could play it digitally on PSN, nope. I think what I remember was stuff from Japanese PSN maybe (when it had that deal on PS1 games). It is the most pristine PS1 game I've ever seen, first spine card too, can't be mad it's in such fantastic condition. Might watch out for English disc only now I have this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

BGOllie wrote: »

You might get better results by searching for its alternate name - "fleshlight"

Let us know how you get on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement