Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

You might get better results by searching for its alternate name - "fleshlight"

Let us know how you get on.

Also, they are expensive, so search for "used fleshlight".

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kinda retro, my copy of Iron Giant on Blu has finally shipped from Amazon in the States. Ordered that back in April and it's just been released.
    A gorgeous remaster and some great extras, can't wait.
    And, that ending... must be dust in my eye... Don't judge me!

Also got Etrian Odyssey 2 yesterday from Readyletsgo, for my DS, the second and third titles were never released in the EU.
    I also got the non retro Fire Emblem Conquest and Birthright for Cidonalad for Christmas, he was after then so should be delighted, now to find a hidey hole until then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth arrived today, not as nice as my Clocktower post though imo. Still happy to get it, can't wait to play the new game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

had to get a US copy too when I bought it (still sitting in my backlog), European copies seem to be nearly impossible to find.

had to get a US copy too when I bought it (still sitting in my backlog), European copies seem to be nearly impossible to find.
    I found that too, it was strange but shipping wasn't bad so I didn't mind getting it from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Few new purchases last week

Loving both controllers so far!

Not using the Fire stick for any gaming but using the NES30 Pro with my Shield TV and it works perfectly.

Fragile Dreams on the Wii came yesterday, looking forward to playing it. It was €30+ on most places and found eBay.co.UK to be more responsible. There was another for £15 it was NTSC, dunno if it's still there but I preferred this cover lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

First console I ever owned probably got it late 70's or early 80' and spent hours on it :)

Console needs a clean up & retrobriting and must investigate getting AV out. But the boxed carts are perfect complete with instructions etc.
    Only 8 carts available for this so must try and get a complete set.

28916182013_6228e48353_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Fragile Dreams on the Wii came yesterday, looking forward to playing it. It was €30+ on most places and found eBay.co.UK to be more responsible. There was another for £15 it was NTSC, dunno if it's still there but I preferred this cover lol.

That's one I started but never finished :o It has a real nice look to it and the soundtrack is great. You'll probably finish it before I get back to it, the backlog is bad at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

First console I ever owned probably got it late 70's or early 80' and spent hours on it :)

Console needs a clean up & retrobriting and must investigate getting AV out. But the boxed carts are perfect complete with instructions etc.
    Only 8 carts available for this so must try and get a complete set.

28916182013_6228e48353_c.jpg

Here's another version of the same console, going cheap on Adverts.
    It includes a game you don't have too.
    http://www.adverts.ie/10091127

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

More than what I paid :) Ya that's cart I want alright, we had that one and its a decent enough breakout clone from what I remember. Might see if a split is possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is five unopened arcade sticks for 9.85 a record? :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is five unopened arcade sticks for 9.85 a record? :D

Any left in there?

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Any left in there?

That's Bray done I'm afraid, they had two on display but the remaining three came from the store room.

That's Bray done I'm afraid, they had two on display but the remaining three came from the store room.

Got any plans to mod them (raspberry pi box)?

Or is it just

profiteering_buccaneers_01.jpg

;)

Master of the Universe

Profiteer? And risk another Metroid Trilogy debacle? Are you mad? :pac:

Nah I'll find a home for them. One of the 360 ones is gone to my sister already.
    Might see if folks are up for some swapsies :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Profiteer? And risk another Metroid Trilogy debacle? Are you mad? :pac:

Nah I'll find a home for them. One of the 360 ones is gone to my sister already.
    Might see if folks are up for some swapsies :)

I was going through stuff yesterday, mainly doubles. I was going to put them on the marketplace. I've Saturn stuff and PS1 jap games, some pal ps2 as well. I'll stick up a thread later and you have a look.

Damn
    Ever bid on something and then sat there hoping you wouldn't win?
    Yeah
    Just had one of those this morning.
    Not a bad deal, just the game isn't as good as I first thought.
    Won Gigawing Generations on the PS2 on eBay, works out at €34 posted, which is considerably less than typically, even if it is the NTSC/J Taito Best release.
    But, after my minimum bid, a little research showed the title to be less than the excellent shmups it's prequels were.
    Sure, if it turns out to be pants I'll sell it on.

That's one I started but never finished :o It has a real nice look to it and the soundtrack is great. You'll probably finish it before I get back to it, the backlog is bad at the moment and for the foreseeable future.
    I actually listened to the soundtrack a lot over the years :). That's how I found Aoi Teshima who isn't just a beautiful Japanese singer but also has some really good English covers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

First get in aaaaages. Been on the lookout for an NTSC 3DS locally but they're all a bit pricey. Saw this one come up in a police auction and got it for $100 (€68 ish)

D21EAFC7-3BBC-4C8D-A68A-5AD8B2A1033E_zpsxxe8ibnw.jpg

6BB3CB5B-20A4-46EB-A5A1-D55906E7527E_zpsizj8ebgz.jpg

• Advertisement

First get in aaaaages. Been on the lookout for an NTSC 3DS locally but they're all a bit pricey. Saw this one come up in a police auction and got it for $100 (€68 ish)
    you should have bought Lil Bandit, it's perfect for you
    193626.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

you should have bought Lil Bandit, it's perfect for you
    193626.jpg

She runs on premium dude, preeemiiiuuumm! And the petrol station down the road only has regular (whatever that is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Through my postbox, came this. I'm in love with the box.

jV8bbKll.jpg
    Nzt36pQl.jpg

It's larger than a standard DVD case as well - it's weird.

Through my postbox, came this. I'm in love with the box.

jV8bbKll.jpg
    Nzt36pQl.jpg

It's larger than a standard DVD case as well - it's weird.

Yeah, well DVD's weren't out at the time, they only came into being in '95 and would have hit market with the characteristic boxes a year or so later.
    Road Rash hit the 3DO in 94, and the PS in 96.

There was lots of experimentation and adoption of non-standard packaging
    Such as this for the Mega-CD
    s-l300.jpg
    This for the 3DO
    $_12.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's an old school NTSC box. They were used for a good while, I know my NTSC resident evil came in the same style box and that's a 96 game.

Got a big parcel from Parcel Motel yesterday...
    Sadly it was one of these....
    M46-110R.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Got a big parcel from Parcel Motel yesterday...
    Sadly it was one of these....

I think you misunderstood when someone said you needed to post "more gets " :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Got my first Steve Bailey delivery in work today.... he even packed in a small gift of a Japanese coffee... thing!

oF4jAxk.png

Certainly was a unique way of brewing the coffee...

0ZlFMk4.png

Did I ever talk about how cool OwaynOTT is? In a totally unrelated note I got Majora's Mask in 3DS jkjk. Thanks so much OwaynOTT, I really appreciate it! <3.
    I also got these cute sleeping Pokemon plushes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Steve gives Blendy with all his games. He'll turn you into a caffeine addict.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement