Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've a stack of those coffees at home, does anyone drink them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I've a stack of those coffees at home, does anyone drink them?

I had loads, but drank them when I was too lazy to make proper coffee. It's actually decent drip coffee considering what it is. You do need to make it in a small cup though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Did I ever talk about how cool OwaynOTT is? In a totally unrelated note I got Majora's Mask in 3DS jkjk. Thanks so much OwaynOTT, I really appreciate it! <3.
    I also got these cute sleeping Pokemon plushes.

I'm Marge levels of cool!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got this today,
    Ordered it an age ago, popped onto my desk just now.
    Can't wait to watch it with Cidonalad, one of my favourite animated movies, if not favourite movies of all time.
    10005871763DIron_Giant_BD3D-600x825.jpg

Using a generic picture as Imgur is a pain on my work PC!

Only complaint is that the case is the cheapest recycled muck and poor quality, very thin.
    The case contains only the disc, with no booklets or other bits and bobs, which is a pity.
    I'll probably transfer it into a better case when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'm Marge levels of cool!
    cooler than me anyway, you'll be posting me potatoes next.
    tumblr_m5cv8cvrEI1rvs1mmo2_500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I had loads, but drank them when I was too lazy to make proper coffee. It's actually decent drip coffee considering what it is. You do need to make it in a small cup though.

I know what you mean about the cup.

78258825324f820c6b01716ed5e1628d.jpg

You say you had loads, well you can have loads again. It's probably the most expensive coffee I've ever bought but never drank. I think there's about thirty in the bag now.

P1070817_zpsvrgdpfuo.jpg

You say you had loads, well you can have loads again. It's probably the most expensive coffee I've ever bought but never drank. I think there's about thirty in the bag now.
    If it's not being drank and you've no one to give it to you could always donate it to a food bank or hostel.
    If you find it okay to drink you could get a Starbucks cup, keep them with you and the I think you can get free fills of water, the video I saw was US so I'm not sure if it works here I'm afraid https://youtu.be/QZWeZEtrql0
    Just ideas of course :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I do that in Ireland and abroad with a similar invention called a teabag :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Another get from Steve Bailey including more coffee!

Oh and some dude I support on Patreon sent me some stuff... :-P

396979.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Looks like my phone decided not to post the second pic.

Like I said some fecker I support on Patreon sent me something:

yCvG7AD.png

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got a nice freebie.

Got a lot of burn though.
    JVC 14"
    4A74D292-CEEB-4D14-B808-B600BCF74B27_zpsdodamo9m.jpg

What cables do i need here to connect to the likes of c64, snes, ps1/2, xbox original?
    BNC to RCA?

10797624-7A9B-40DA-8D15-3B1893F37650_zpsoblzq2pq.jpg

Got all those consoles recently, CoinOps8 ready for the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely little monitor that.

Just get an RCA to BNC jack adapter like this and you're good to go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-BNC-MALE-TO-RCA-PHONO-FEMALE-CONNECTOR-CCTV-CABLE-/271212385803?hash=item3f2584960b:g:-9wAAOxyMxpRoNXa

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lovely little monitor that.

Just get an RCA to BNC jack adapter like this and you're good to go

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-X-BNC-MALE-TO-RCA-PHONO-FEMALE-CONNECTOR-CCTV-CABLE-/271212385803?hash=item3f2584960b:g:-9wAAOxyMxpRoNXa
    Not bad for a freebie alright, Right thanks, thats a good connector for my c64, vic20, atari 2600.
    Will have to get this for upwards from that i think.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/321744637454

Theresia on the DS came in the post today :)https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresia
    I played a bit before and enjoyed it, found it a bit scary and kinda tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

eddhorse wrote: »
    Got a nice freebie.

Got a lot of burn though.
    JVC 14"

What cables do i need here to connect to the likes of c64, snes, ps1/2, xbox original?
    BNC to RCA?

Got all those consoles recently, CoinOps8 ready for the xbox.

Looks like composite only and with that much screen burn, honestly I'd be chucking it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got this yesterday, apologies its not game related, normally i wouldnt post this stuff, but my god its so cool. Got it on indiegogo over a year ago i think... was starting to doubt it would arrive, but it was so worth the wait..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKWiJ-RADTC/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's amazing! So much envy. :eek:

A Delorean drove passed me in the city centre a couple of days ago and I'm fairly sure I let out an audible giggle.

Ive seen that Delorean around the city a few times myself. I was driving through Kilcullen last weekend and seen the Jeep from the first Jurrasic Park on a street. Couldnt believe it, i nearly crashed the car shouting at the kids and wife to look!

Ive seen that Delorean around the city a few times myself. I was driving through Kilcullen last weekend and seen the Jeep from the first Jurrasic Park on a street. Couldnt believe it, i nearly crashed the car shouting at the kids and wife to look!

Thats for sale on done deal for 10k

Looks like composite only and with that much screen burn, honestly I'd be chucking it.

Maybe, will give it a shot for the older consoles first the chucking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Is the power being delivered wirelessly to the lights on that Delorean? How much was it?

I got this yesterday, apologies its not game related, normally i wouldnt post this stuff, but my god its so cool. Got it on indiegogo over a year ago i think... was starting to doubt it would arrive, but it was so worth the wait..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKWiJ-RADTC/

Are they going to retail with it?
    Or just a crowd funded one off?

Me want :)

Thargor wrote: »
    Is the power being delivered wirelessly to the lights on that Delorean? How much was it?

Yeh, initially when i backed it they said it would have battery's in the car. But they changed that since and the power is wireless (or induction) not sure, but one of them. You also get another base with it for display when its not floating on that one, and the flames that attached to the back of the car. 2 hoverboards and a sports almanac. oh and normal wheels as well as those flying wheels i have on it.

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Are they going to retail with it?
    Or just a crowd funded one off?

Me want :)

This is their website and the magnetic stuff they sell, its on there but out of stock at the minute, i think you can get it from other online retailers that sell hot toys etc. The dropship from Aliens version of it is on there for pre-order though.

http://www.kids-logic.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=magnetic&cat=

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This popped onto the desk this morning,
    It'll be a Shmuppy weekend!
    wDVT6GWm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got a Pi 0 and Pi3 from PiHut this morning to upgrade my Retron Pi to a '3'.

Packaging was very poor, both Pis just in their static bags in a padded envelope.. not impressed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Got a Pi 0 and Pi3 from PiHut this morning to upgrade my Retron Pi to a '3'.

Packaging was very poor, both Pis just in their static bags in a padded envelope.. not impressed..

The cardboard boxes they used come in dont offer much protection either though.

In fairness you cant complain about the Pi zero not coming in a box, its nice and flat.

Pi 3 should come in a box

gbMG0Qv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

It seems from reviews its a gamble wether or not you get a box from PIHut,
    And they say nothing upfront about this in the details. Bit sucky alright.

• Advertisement

Just back from Kildare town, where I got this little haul.
    Initially we agreed on €50 until I realised I'd have a 2hr round trip to collect, whereupon he dropped the price by another tenner.
    3BqmBULm.jpg
    Now, he tells me that some of them play in black and white, so I'm going to take a look.
    He was using a flat screen, there's a chance some of the games are NTSC, I don't know, but it's a bargain anyways.
    All 10 games are CIB, which is mad, and some popular ones in there too!

Edit: a quick test and everything works!
    Plus he threw in an AV cable.
    The system, unboxed but working great, is normally around €90 and the games vary but boxed I'm looking at probably around €250 worth of games....
    :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement