Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few games in today.

3kBjxPX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

More of a build then a get.. Build a dedicated tester for the jammacon adapters, dragging the jamma loom out every time just got tiresome. Also this doubles up as a ridiculously over sized controller converter :)

29673395990_418dd2141a_c.jpg

29852989362_999caf34ef_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    .... Vectorman.... and it got a sequel... Vectorerman... no, not really, Vectorman 2.
    I mean, you didn't need prerendered visuals to show off the MD, you already had Virtua Racing, Comix Zone, Thunderforce IV and the likes of Street Racer and Red Zone, doing mode 7 scaling and other tricks and all through software.
    Vectorman was frigging brilliant, never knew it had a sequel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was holding out until all the gear I bought arrived at the door before posting anything. But here I go now.

sxAgnYll.jpg
    Bought a Wii for €30 so that I could homebrew some games. Never tried it before so it should be a fun ordeal.

bDNV12Sl.jpg
    I got Tekken 3 from Hit-Japan on eBay and Tekken 1 (w/ spine card) & 2 from Steve Bailey.

i2bUVV1l.jpg
    jsCqQjXl.jpg
    This will be the first time I ever owned a Main-Series Super Mario game on any platform.

OXn6CVCl.jpg
    Taking a bit of getting used to with the JP text on the screen but so far it's been pretty straight forward.

MRWibVWl.jpg
    And I bought this because I needed change for the bus :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Parawind wrote: »
    Day 3 gets

Hit Akihabira today for the first time. Heading back for more tommorrow, think I will have to make a few runs to get some of the larger items I want.

And why yes that is a gamecube lan adapter, which makes me 50% closer to the 8 player double dash that I have always dreamed of.

hvyiMuN.jpg

IY9YbIS.jpg

I'm more in love with the Bomberman haul. >_> I've only got 2 and 3 on SNES. That multi-tap looks amazing >.>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some MSX goodness from Ollie

4wZMVNNl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lucky bastard!

His for sale thread had me scrambling to try and buy an MSX. Decided in the end that you'd probably nab all the good stuff before I got a chance :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A msx 2 is worth it for space Manbow alone. That ost...

Pretty sure the nemesis games are left which are amazing. Nemesis the 2 and 3 are original titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lucky bastard!

His for sale thread had me scrambling to try and buy an MSX. Decided in the end that you'd probably nab all the good stuff before I got a chance :D

And that's why baby Jesus (or your favorite deity) invented flash carts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Lucky bastard!

Surprised nemesis 3 and vampire killer (castlevania) haven't sold ... like anywhere i advertised it , yet .
    Athletic land is a pretty fun and 'common' game too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thargor wrote: »
    Vectorman was frigging brilliant, never knew it had a sequel...

I think I may have it somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Didn't do too bad in the Tesco sale, happy out to get Epic Yarn. My copy of Contact is a bit battered so glad I picked up another. I might see if anyone is looking for Terraria and swap, I don't think I'd play it anytime soon.
    I was hoping for Wii U games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits that arrived on Friday.

wtYM8av.jpgMTJkJs4.jpg

FkX0cy3.jpg

Picked up Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary box in the Tesco sale, pretty happy that I just happened to spot it when exchanging something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That was a nice little get there dizzy! Think I got lucky as well with a Pokemon sapphire. Went in chancing my arm today and there was like 30 DK returns on the shelf!

This sale still wasn't as much fun as the great rush of a few years back.
    Was in another tesco and there were two guys just taking multiple copies of stuff and checking CeX on their phone.
    They had a big bag for life full of xb1 and ps4 stuff.
    Luckily they had stayed away from the 'kiddie'Nintendo stuff.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That was a nice little get there dizzy! Think I got lucky as well with a Pokemon sapphire. Went in chancing my arm today and there was like 30 DK returns on the shelf!
    I was hoping to find Galaxy but no luck, if there's any DKR left towards Thursday could you pick me up one? I was helping my sister get stocking fillers. Convinced her to get Epic Mickey for them, there was a few around today but I wanted Mario more, I spent enough this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Non retro gets, got Fast Racing Neo and Pikmin 3 for the WiiU and Animal Crossing New Leaf for the 3DS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Animal Crossing New Leaf for the 3DS.

Have they released the amiibo update for that yet?

Wasn't it around December? I can't remember, looking forward to it though? Are you gonna go back to it? Island adventures starting again

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

December 2nd according to this Gamespot link. Not sure if that's worldwide or what though.

• Advertisement

Not retro but I got a Wii U today thanks to a link Man of Cider gave me (thanks again!), game pad is perfect, the console itself has some blemishes. I'd love to put something on it, just to read up on them make sure it won't wreak it, saw a cool NES one. Just hate the black so much but the price was good so I settled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wasn't it around December? I can't remember, looking forward to it though? Are you gonna go back to it? Island adventures starting again

Yeah gonna pick up a US copy soon. I think it's only like $25/30 here at the moment.

I was missing Jeff from my Earthbound set, I'd like to try get Master Belch now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Hi Cider, chap from kildare here who sold you the Atari 65 xe,
    Glads its up and running for you, hope you enjoy it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was missing Jeff from my Earthbound set, I'd like to try get Master Belch now too

So much envy! feck it, off to ebay I go :D

So much envy! feck it, off to ebay I go :D
    Glad you like them :p my bestie got me the photo frame in the background too, I'd love to get a Starman.
    They're pretty cute, I thought they were a bit dearer now when I got the others first but can't remember.
    Have Lucas too with a save frog lol some M3 goodness.

Burzum wrote: »
    Hi Cider, chap from kildare here who sold you the Atari 65 xe,
    Glads its up and running for you, hope you enjoy it :)

Actually, it works perfectly!
    Everything, full colour and smashing.
    Thanks again, it was worth the trip down!

As a fellow retro fan you should stick around this forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Yeah i'l gladly stick around and share my new items.

Picked up Dragon Quest IX & Advance Wars Dual Strike, yesterday during lunch for the princely sum of €1 each.

Burzum wrote: »
    Yeah i'l gladly stick around and share my new items.

Picked up Dragon Quest IX & Advance Wars Dual Strike, yesterday during lunch for the princely sum of €1 each.

DQIX is brilliant, as is Dual Strike.
    Nice gets for only a euro too!

• Advertisement

Andrew76 is an absolute legend, gave me a copy of 3D World (Tesco sale price, ignore the tag), came in the post this morning. Thanks so much, it was so kind of you! <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement