Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Been dealing with a guy in the US for a few years, bought and sold stuff etc. He got onto me few weeks back about something he thought I'd be interested in, and boy he was right.....

IMAG0548_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Is that the real deal? Was it expensive?

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Is that the real deal? Was it expensive?

Ya I'm pretty confident it's real, all the things to look out for are there. It's not the ultra, ultra rare version (I think there are 4 known variants) but the sort of game you never really think you may own comfortably. Got it from a few trades of PAL stuff he was after, but it would work out quite a bit less than what this variant goes for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We're they pal exclusives?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    We're they pal exclusives?

It was just NTSC as far as I know, although stories of PAL releases do come up now and again but I think it was only NTSC.

Pretty horrendous game although worth playing just to see how bad. Very interesting whole story on it's development though. It initially retailed for $199 and bugs in the game are still being found to this day.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    It was just NTSC as far as I know, although stories of PAL releases do come up now and again but I think it was only NTSC.

Pretty horrendous game although worth playing just to see how bad. Very interesting whole story on it's development though. It initially retailed for $199 and bugs in the game are still being found to this day.

Sorry, once again I was rather vague with my posts on boards. I was just wondering if you traded pal exclusives for it or were they just general stuff.
    I'm aware of the history and content of the cart. Good get by the way.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sorry, once again I was rather vague with my posts on boards. I was just wondering if you traded pal exclusives for it or were they just general stuff.
    I'm aware of the history and content of the cart. Good get by the way.

Ah ok get you now :p

It was a multi swap so I got a few other NTSC games including TECMO Secret of the Stars which Id been after for quite a while. I traded him Zero Kamikaze Squirrel and manual, and a few other medium ranged games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The last gaming bit of Cidonalads Christmas pressie has arrived in Parcel Motel, collected this morning...
    I think they might become hard to find, as the season draws ever nearer.
    On a brighter note, Nintendo.co.uk posted it to the PM address, no problems.
    S6FRQ7Lm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

too lazy to put up a pic, but managed to get a sealed copy of Prince of Persia Trilogy for PS2 in the Tesco sale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

too lazy to put up a pic, but managed to get a sealed copy of Prince of Persia Trilogy for PS2 in the Tesco sale.

I only played the original, though I have the trilogy pack too, simply remarkable game.
    More so than Tomb Raider, it redefined the idea of playing within a 3D space full of puzzles, certainly the best example since The Cistern level in TRII and Wet/Dry world in SM64.
    Lovely working in of the lives system "no, that didn't happen" as the game is a story told in flashback.
    Plus, you get the original game in there for the unlocking... and that's only the first game!

Akin to Dead Space and it's sequels I think the franchise was said to have lost focus over each iteration, with the last one over egging and becoming a bit of a God of War clone....
    I haven't tried the HD collection either, so no comment there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think the second Prince of Persia was an excellent game just the whole tone of the game was an awful decision. The third one is definitely a return to form and well worth playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The Prince of Persia sands trilogy is excellent, as Retr0 said the second, the warrior within, kinda misjudged the tone, but it was still a great game. The Two Thrones was brilliant, as good as Sands of Time, only not as original of course.

The subsequent games, Prince of Persia and The Forgotten Sands were both good, but I preferred the more fun, colorful PoP, with it's connected areas, and an actually interesting companion, over The Forgotten Sands, which was a little too combat heavy I felt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

travel report :
    found a ti99 on the cheap at an Antiques dealer in Main
    14572389_10154610471178276_4602077904545941259_n.jpg?oh=3b11238f3dbd40cac33fbd03f7c50043&oe=58AD33C0

and some commons and bits in a lot at a road side pawn shop :
    14567461_10154599114408276_3595603808611110703_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Couple of tasty bits in today.

YTmhtRg.jpg

DFkICjN.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice, even if there is a 6/10 game in there. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just got Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty in its tin + playing cards.
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence and Final Fantasy Origins all in excellent condition for a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,221 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I really do love those Japanese Gamecube cases, they'r gorgeous. Shame they went with such generic ones for the west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    I really do love those Japanese Gamecube cases, they'r gorgeous. Shame they went with such generic ones for the west.
    Couldn't agree more, it's such a great size you could loads together

But imagine how much fire emblem paths of radiance would cost now if it was in a cardboard box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Last few gets from my trip. The Famicom Gameboy Micro was just so dam pretty I couldn't say no.

PKkjNcA.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Parawind wrote: »
    Last few gets from my trip. The Famicom Gameboy Micro was just so dam pretty I couldn't say no.

The Famicom GB micro is a thing of beauty, too bad the Player II Faceplate is so damn expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Tchoin wrote: »
    The Famicom GB micro is a thing of beauty, too bad the Player II Faceplate is so damn expensive.

They had one with the Player II Faceplate in Mandrake for I think 18000 yen.

Parawind wrote: »
    They had one with the Player II Faceplate in Mandrake for I think 18000 yen.

Dinorex got a bargain off of me so!

Master of the Universe

Such a gorgeous little console alright, really regret selling my one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not retro. Picked up Captain Toad, I didn't release it was nearly the same price in Argos. Oh well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

This is only my 2nd get in a year and 3 months. :eek:

A Commodore 64 Joystick Port swapper / switcher from a guy in Hungary.

As most c64 heads know there was no standard set for which port player 1 used in c64 games,it was mainly port 2 in single player games but some used port 1.

q0I6itK.jpg

Theres a clever little stand off underneath to prevent strain on the connectors or PCB when pressing the button:

8pqPmis.jpg

Here she is in the c64, the button illuminates when there's power and an additional white led is lit to show it's not switched, and it's off when it's switched.

bCuYyvg.jpg

This basically allows me to play 2 player games with my imaginary friends. :(
    i cri everytiem

Demo video here:

Why not just use 2 joysticks you ask?
    Well I only have 1 and it's more fun this way! :D

I went and bought the surely retro by now Rez for the PS4, now Rez Infinite.
    I've no PSVR but as a fan of the game it had to be bought, and they thoughtfully added a standard version along with the VR enhanced title.
    It's a measure that Mizuguchi also made with the previous title, Child of Eden, when he had motion controls in both PS3 and 360 titles but everyone played it with the more precise standard controls.

Master of the Universe

Can never have enough copies of that game :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Can never have enough copies of that game :)

To my own shame I don't own the Dreamcast original, I really must find it, getting expensive now I believe :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Either do I and it's one of my favourite games :eek:

I do have a wife called Rez so that makes up for it I think :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement