Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Either do I and it's one of my favourite games :eek:

I do have a wife called Rez so that makes up for it I think :D

Several jokes about that spring to mind but, in light of recent news events, they take a "Trumpish Hue"* so I won't be using them.

*as opposed to a "Trump Hue" which is cheeto orange, as we all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,219 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin leaves, Ciderman turns down a Carry On 'Oooh Matron' moment, I edge closer and closer to 96 exits, these truly are the end times!

Havent gotten anything A&R at all recently,
    This ticks both boxes!!

NbGeATU.jpg

3cJ2QJe.jpg

AWdAXMJ.jpg

Very fresh for 1982,
    only problem is battery acid n in the battery tray.terminals are shot.
    Would have to cut the side art to properly fix them but I'll get it going with a bodge and have a game.
    more eye candy than anything anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

more US thrift store and pawn shop finds.

14705740_10154613242938276_6933692147140194135_n.jpg?oh=073b3c14d6dc91d83fc74740b6588e9b&oe=58A195CF

14632819_10154619354278276_3930400210420977613_n.jpg?oh=78d1e72237978a94850be3d8f5d3a154&oe=58601ADB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Went to 7 second hand shops and only managed to find €5 fifa games which i regretfully had to pass on, but i did find a nice Diddy Kong plushie so not to bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Found this bad boy today :cool:

plxis9Wwj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Looks mint! Nice!

Master of the Universe

Gotta love the old HMV price tag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have something arriving tomorrow.....something big! Probably over 100kg

Master of the Universe

Might want to get that colon checked out :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Nothing retro but my copies of Odin Sphere and Zero Time Dilemma (with the watch!) that a very kind friend pre-ordered for me arrived today with some tasty goodies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I have something arriving tomorrow.....something big! Probably over 100kg
    100kg or 100 Courics:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Needs a dusting, but picked up an absolutely mint 48k recently, composite mod done and all with no signs of being opened.
    2cyiqlc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Heading back to Ireland tomorrow.
    picked up a couple of items at Retroworld Expo ... as in two:

14718779_10154630510813276_2989607982101283406_n.jpg?oh=d012dbc8512f3163959eb130725bad62&oe=5893382F

14721652_10154631219983276_8084009140054240769_n.jpg?oh=fa925fc7d7327e927334b15bf0743354&oe=589F5884

got a few more thrift and pawn shops finds but didn't get a chance to take photos.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Cheap PlayStation TV incoming, only €16 as it has no power supply, happily it will use my PSP psu so no worries.
    Only thing I want it for is TxK so that'll look sweet on the TV.
    I know it pairs up with a PS3 controller, it'll be interesting to see if I can get my wireless PS3 controller work with it for arcadey kicks.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Cheap PlayStation TV incoming, only €16 as it has no power supply, happily it will use my PSP psu so no worries.
    I know it pairs up with a PS3 controller, it'll be interesting to see if I can get my wireless PS3 controller work with it for arcadey kicks.
    That's a really good price, what do they normally go for? I'd get one myself if I found it for similar.
    Is it region to an account region like Vita?

Same as Vita, so region issues the same too.
    They are around €50/60 in the shops, if you can find them, around €25 if on Adverts, which is where I found mine.
    I lowballed for €22, and he accepted, but then he lost the psu, so I offered a reduced price, as I knew I had a compatible psu at home.
    TxK is the only game I want it for, and it is a stunning title.
    Wipeout is the only other, and it isn't compatible, unless you do the hack thingy, and in that case you'll need a certain firmware and not to need the PS Store again, at least until they come up with a more permanent custom firmware for the device.

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Shows you how out of the Playstation loop I am, I thought you meant one of these;

img_25050.jpg

Ha! But... no...
    More recent is the 3D led flat panel TV that they released with the 3D gaming update for the PS3.
    A nice display but the screen is way too reflective, hindering comfortable use.

More non retro-ness from me :(
    Picked up Bioshock the collection, for my PS4, for the sum of €24.99!
    And from those [sarcasm] purveyors of gaming value GameStop! [/sarcasm]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Got myself a nice bundle of old windows and ms dos games yesterday.
    The Syndicate Plus,Cannon Fodder(The reason i bought the bundle),Shadow of Darkness,Duke Nukem,Police Quest Open Season,Guilty,Amazon Queen,Lure of the Temptress,Black Dahlia,Populous 2,Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade,Broken Sword and the Riddle of Master Lu.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions arrived in the post. Looking forward to giving it a go not yet though, I'm enjoying Corpse Party right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Tokyo Mirage Sessions arrived in the post. Looking forward to giving it a go not yet though, I'm enjoying Corpse Party right now

Love the soundtrack to TMS, one of the best I have heard for a while.

Parawind wrote: »
    Love the soundtrack to TMS, one of the best I have heard for a while.
    I remember seeing gameplay before it was out and loved how bright it was, so I'll probably wait til it's a bit darker it'll be a brighten up the evenings. Really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Took an Ebay gamble on this one. The seller had a stock photo up but description said excellent condition.

Title is Bakuretsu Muteki Bangaioh. It was one of my favourite N64 games back in the day. A limited run of 10000 in Japan. Excellent 2D shooter from Treasure. Had to use Doctor V64 back then to play it, great to have the real thing now.

The dreamcast release was similar but on N64 you collected fruit to build up your power bar in contrast to the dreamcast where you shoot buildings to build it up. Preferred the N64 mechanics personally.

399871.jpg
    Near mint condition

399872.jpg
    Title Screen

399873.jpg
    GET SOME!!

399874.jpg
    Eh WTF????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Eh WTF????

This is easily explained by two words, "Japanese Exclusive".

It did get a western release on DC remember.
    And the puzzley sequel on the DS as well.
    Not sure if the wtf cutscene made the journey though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sugarman wrote: »
    Those scan lines!:eek:

What setup are you using there? RGB mod on a flat crt?

Framemeister on a curved tv if I was to guess. Could be totally wrong though. Looks great regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Hoovering up loads of PS3 & XBOX 360 titles in CEX these days, some really good stuff for a couple of €

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The problem with the latest consoles is I've been keeping up relatively well with them so there's feck all I want and anything else half decent isn't worth bothering with.

I've fallen way behind on my Vita and 3DS collection. Really need to pick up a lot of games for them but it's not helping that the press being as terrible as it is now is totally ignoring these systems and only covering big name games.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement