Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice Ollie. Bear with me on this one but No harm that there's a few minor issues with the cabs. Technical problems are all part of the hobby and it gives you a reason to go poking around the cabs and figure out how they configured internally and work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Figured out how to game with a baby, sling !

DCA1B5C2-095F-465F-9FE3-8549BBB4FF2D_zpsmcjqnh9i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Love your Astro City trakkie bottoms :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

They better be rip offs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So all the Outrun cabs were made in Ireland or just the Irish ones?

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Love your Astro City trakkie bottoms :D

Haha didnt even notice, its subconscious now !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

BGOllie wrote: »
    there you go :)
    All working . The galaga one is missing some sounds and there's some flickering sprites so I'll have to have a closer look at the board in time.
    14900333_10154698076633276_4439899883970005814_n.jpg?oh=384095f834266b59adfeff83d98e03a3&oe=589F85A6

I need to change the neon on the outrun marquee and the coin operator doesn't work either.
    Also need to replace the lights on the galaga but that's all really. They're in pretty good condition overall.

Nice, what size is the shed these are in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Nice, what size is the shed these are in?

It's a big wooden cabin, around 12x14 ft or sth like that. We use it as our Gym/dojo till now and I've the cabs in for now. It's insulated and heated and I've put in ventilation there too.

The plan is to convert our main shed and move the cabs there. It's a long project though as it involves converting the attic into a loft, stairs and doing a full convertion of one the rooms in the shed (the room's around 8 x 16 ft so I should have room for more :)

I've a series of videos where I document what I'm doing for this if anyone's has 3 hours to spend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

BGOllie wrote: »
    It's a big wooden cabin, around 12x14 ft or sth like that. We use it as our Gym/dojo till now and I've the cabs in for now. It's insulated and heated and I've put in ventilation there too.

The plan is to convert our main shed and move the cabs there. It's a long project though as it involves converting the attic into a loft, stairs and doing a full convertion of one the rooms in the shed (the room's around 8 x 16 ft so I should have room for more :)

I've a series of videos where I document what I'm doing for this if anyone's has 3 hours to spend :)
    Interesting, I'll take a look at that. I'm building a shed for my machines, unfortunately my garden is a typical Dublin garden :( I'm looking at a maximum of 18-20ftx8ft sloped roof shed split into 2 rooms, 1 for games, 1 for general shed stuff so gameroom will likely be 10x8(4games)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looking good ollie. I was going to ask if you want to put arcade machines on the upper floor but already saw you dont.

I'm qualified as a quantity surveyor and did a 20'000 word project on conversions and retro fitting old houses so I'm into this stuff haha

Just one or 2 things that spring to mind. When you move up that collar move it to 1/3 up the rafter and then put a vertical brace at 1/3 from the bottom.

Are you going to insulate the roof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Extermination came this morning on PS2, it was really cheap on eBay, not sure if there's more left.

Master of the Universe

Extermination came this morning on PS2, it was really cheap on eBay, not sure if there's more left.

Years ago, I came down the morning after a party in my house, my head thumping with a hangover, to find that someone had been using my copy of Extermination to roll spliffs.

At some stage in their stoned stupor, they'd spilled their beer all over it too.

So my ganja stinking, beer soaked Extermination had to go in the bin.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Years ago, I came down the morning after a party in my house, my head thumping with a hangover, to find that someone had been using my copy of Extermination to roll spliffs.

At some stage in their stoned stupor, they'd spilled their beer all over it too.

So my ganja stinking, beer soaked Extermination had to go in the bin.
    That's awful! I'd have them belted.
    There's still more on eBay around thd sane price if you still need a new copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Brother got me this for my birthday. First of these kick starter type books I've gotten.

IMAG1506_zpsxfghbk0v.jpg

Brother got me this for my birthday. First of these kick starter type books I've gotten.
    Nice one. Happy Birthday BTW TF, hope it's a good one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happy Birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Happy bidet!

Happy birthday, great book alright !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits in today, PS2 Test console and the tasty NES Classic Mini.

JO5KW6h.jpg

ijk4309.jpg

ScMcxmF.jpg

UypL431.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well at least I know where this PS2 Test console came from :)

tvl3cBE.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Cool! Bit of an oversight on their side before moving old stock :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Check to see if there's a long lost Dizzy game on the hard disk. Dinorex will kiss you if you find one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this bootleg 'Donkey Kong' today, its untested/dead and have no idea whats wrong with it (apart from the missing Z80).

30618068330_59b781f651_b.jpg

My arcade tester kit should arrive next week so hoping to put it to good use with this board, would be nice to have Kong on an actual pcb :)

Picked up this bootleg 'Donkey Kong' today, its untested/dead and have no idea whats wrong with it (apart from the missing Z80).

30618068330_59b781f651_b.jpg

My arcade tester kit should arrive next week so hoping to put it to good use with this board, would be nice to have Kong on an actual pcb :)

Nice get, there was an original Donkey Kong CP on Adverts a few days ago also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

eddhorse wrote: »
    Nice get, there was an original Donkey Kong CP on Adverts a few days ago also.

it's still up : http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/donkey-kong-jr-original-aluminium-control-panel-overlay/11728618

It's DK jr though but it doesn't look like the one I know

My copy of Root Letter for Vita with the art book came Friday, was too busy to post. Only had a quick look at it but it has spoilers so glad I didn't see much.

Another pcb pickup :) This time its Cabal, love this game and plays really well with the PS2 thumbsticks controls.

22807082918_3d66cd64f8_b.jpg
    Board is fine, just looks crappy in the pics.

Love that game!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Great game! love the other one too thats simliar where youre a cowboy, cant remember the name of it at the minute!

Quick question, i have one of those superguns with a power supply ive take out of a pc powering it, some boards dont work (most), im guessing thats because i cant adjust the power is it? do i really need to have it setup to an jamma psu for the boards to all work?
    Another pcb pickup :) This time its Cabal, love this game and plays really well with the PS2 thumbsticks controls.

22807082918_3d66cd64f8_b.jpg
    Board is fine, just looks crappy in the pics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement