Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Most boards should work with a PC power supply, I've only a few that need -5V and only 1 that I can remember having to increase the 5V on.
    Some of the newer PC supplies can be troublesome as they mostly put out 3.3V now and don't regulate properly until a load is on the 3.3v rail.

Ya Cabal is class, spent plenty of time & money on it back in my school days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Great game! love the other one too thats simliar where youre a cowboy, cant remember the name of it at the minute!

Blood Bros.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Most boards should work with a PC power supply, I've only a few that need -5V and only 1 that I can remember having to increase the 5V on.
    Some of the newer PC supplies can be troublesome as they mostly put out 3.3V now and don't regulate properly until a load is on the 3.3v rail.

Must that then as i pulled it from a newish pc. thanks

My arcade tester arrived today. Only had a quick look at it so far but seems promising :)

30274895913_8980a41bfd_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

My arcade tester arrived today. Only had a quick look at it so far but seems promising :)

30274895913_8980a41bfd_c.jpg

very nice how much did that set you back ?

• Advertisement

A lot !! Over £400..

A lot !! Over £400..

haha was hoping you stumbled across a bargain one ! very nice and hand little machine though to have though.if i had the money i'd have one

there was a great /old ,taito tester iirc ,on ebay us last year ,it was well over the 400 price range though :pac:

Its expensive alright but does have a lot of good features and Mark is continuing to develop new stuff the whole time.

Of course its completely useless unless I get the finger out and put it to work !!

So tell me what you can do with it?
    I've fixed a few in the pass with a probe,ddm and a lot of luck!

Is that the one thats based on a pi or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

But does it play Doom? :p

• Advertisement

Its got 3 main sections, PI 3, Ardunio Mega2560 & analog/digital probe interface.

The 'ADT' (device tester) was the big selling point for me, basically you clip onto any logic chip up to 20 pins and it an test it by comparing with the defined truth tables, if the device doesn't exist like a PAL or GAL for instance then you can add that chip into the tester.

Can 'emulate' 8 bit micros like 6502, Z80 & 8080. So you replace the processor with the tester and scan the complete memory map, test ram, dump roms etc.

Digital Logic probe with duty cycle and voltmeter.
    Analogue probe with audio map for tracing dead amps.

8-bit Logic Analyser - not used this but I'd say its fairly limited based on the speed the Arduino is running at.

Probably can do other stuff too :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    But does it play Doom? :p

And Crysis :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's always nice to find something you didn't know existed.
    In this case it is Wipeout Pulse, a game I thought only came out on the PSP, which I have.
    But it did get a PS2 release, here in Europe, which is cool!
    And now it is on the way to my ever increasing pile of games for the PS2!
    I really liked the conversion of Motorstorm Arctic Edge from PSP to PS2, even more than the original on the PS3.
    And, Wipeout Fusion, the native Wipeout title on the PS2, was awful.
    So, I've high hopes for this one.
    And, it was €2, plus €1.50 for postage.... in the interests of fairness I sent the seller €4, rounding up, still a nice addition.
    It's the type of title that, in a decade, may well be worth something, seeing as it is a EU only release, and so R@RE!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

PS2 is an odd one to be buying for, recall someone on here once mentioning "you don't collect for PS2, you accumulate" and it's been accurate in my experience. Like you spend an hour in any halfway decent market/charity shop/whatnot and you've suddenly got a tower of blue cases that dwarfs the rest of your collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    PS2 is an odd one to be buying for, recall someone on here once mentioning "you don't collect for PS2, you accumulate" and it's been accurate in my experience. Like you spend an hour in any halfway decent market/charity shop/whatnot and you've suddenly got a tower of blue cases that dwarfs the rest of your collection.

My PS2 games are nearing "Smaug under the Lonely Mountain" levels of hording, just so many if I sold off every game I own aside from PS2 games, I'd still have enough decent titles to keep me going until I snuff it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nice little €2 find at Sunday morning market.

IMAG0646_1.jpg

Few pics of the storm ship troopers

5eMBAzr.jpg

TkBoOtn.jpg

D8L5avb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Needs bigger pics.

Ah. the Mobile Infantry, made me the man I am today!

Mobile+infantry+made+me+the+man+i+am+_859eb8e49a8dd0b9fffe0bf2cd17a69b.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It's anyone who still uses the standard boards theme that doesn't see resized images (myself included, no fancy themes for me please :)).

• Advertisement

The dark theme for the win

Thanks to Mozie , didn't budge a bit :lol:

IMG_20161127_161536_zpsziwgfxcf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Looks great geo. Fair play for taking the plunge And keeping it in the community.

Would love to see some snaps or a tour of your collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I swear if I seen mozies ad a few hours earlier..

The Famicom Mini is very nice, but those controllers are tiny!

cw9xAnd.jpg

M951xKf.jpg

49ynaHg.jpg

PMgg211.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The Famicom Mini is very nice, but those controllers are tiny!
    I have to wear children's gloves but even for me I think they'd be very small

Wait wait wait... Famicom is short for Family Computer?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wait wait wait... Famicom is short for Family Computer?!

Yep :)

There was even a modem available for it in the 80's to connect to a network (Family Computer Network System). Very computery :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Always reminds me of 'fanny pad' - I've tried to purge it from my mind but have been unable to do so thus far. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement