Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Yep :)

There was even a modem available for it in the 80's to connect to a network (Family Computer Network System). Very computery :)

Marketing has come a long way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    Always reminds me of 'fanny pad' - I've tried to purge it from my mind but have been unable to do so thus far. :pac:
    I won't be able to not think of that now, it's like that time I said the Pikachu 3ds has nipples, it's revenge.

Wait wait wait... Famicom is short for Family Computer?!
    You reminded me of this video (one of my favourites)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Always reminds me of 'fanny pad' - I've tried to purge it from my mind but have been unable to do so thus far. :pac:

It's the American's fault,
    Calling a backside a fanny, instead of backside like the rest of us.
    On a brighter note, it has provided school yard giggles to generations of Irish and UK children.... and O1s1n....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

Wait wait wait... Famicom is short for Family Computer?!

haha ,that made me laugh

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to O1s for the very expensive, premium and R@RE!!!!! wired Hori arcade stick for my PS3, Raiden IV thanks you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just picked up a nice few soundtracks off data discs

N11jaVi.jpg

They won't ship till the new year but I had to get the limited edition of shinobi, I'm a sucker for the totes r@re

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just ordered a big bundle from Japan, Cant wait to get me hands on it.
    Hori Ps1 arcade stick
    Virtua Cop boxed with gun
    Gamecube modem
    3 Dreamcasts cause why not
    Sega Saturn
    also some kamen rider and spiderman figures
    Now just have to win the Twin Famicom/Super Famicom and Panasonic Q auctions and i will be happy.

Add a boxed gamecube/gameboy player combo with 3 controllers to the list aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to O1s for the very expensive, premium and R@RE!!!!! wired Hori arcade stick for my PS3, Raiden IV thanks you!

No worries dude! You'll be 1ccing it in no time with that thing :)

I just picked up two old Toshiba Satellites on Adverts for 35 delivered. Seemed like a bit of a steal.

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/2-x-vintage-toshiba-satellite-pro-4600-laptops/10509401

Should have a bit of fun mucking around with them.

• Advertisement

Nice just won a Panasonic Q should be a good be a good new year for me :)

Burzum wrote: »
    Nice just won a Panasonic Q should be a good be a good new year for me :)

When you say "won" a Panasonic Q, you don't mean like this....
    640x434.jpg

or this

GettyImages-165653356-57a570b45f9b58974ae7f08d.jpg

I won the auction, I wish i won it as a prize, would save some money.
    Got a good deal on it as it needs some repair as the tray is not opening anymore so hopefully it just needs a new drive belt.

Thanks again to Andrew76, he's a cool dude for helping me get a copy of Pokemon Sun, it was sold out locally. :pac:

Another get this morning, the top/jumper I wanted for the Christmas beers (typical). It's Mario themed in light blue.
    804623_3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Some bits in today. Loving the Blendy as packing material :)

b3pvyX8.jpg

Du5R7Ch.jpg

8NoFF64.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up one of these tasty controllers :)

DSC00555.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

15337478_10211731567827485_531055957735286154_n.jpg?oh=d51b5e17cb00d69342b0e295879dc9ac&oe=58AF12F6

Had a bit of a brain aneurysm whilst in Dundrum yesterday.

I only went out to pick up the steering wheel...

Congratulations on your purchase of a very large paper weight, you obviously are an owner of A3 sheets of paper and live in place of much wind.
    You may wind up having more fun playing with the box it came in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I like the little mug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Congratulations on your purchase of a very large paper weight, you obviously are an owner of A3 sheets of paper and live in place of much wind.
    You may wind up having more fun playing with the box it came in!!!

Well we already have a PS4 so I mainly bought this to get some use out of some old 360 purchases and play the likes of Rare replay etc.

I couldn't wait to own Rare Replay, in fact it was the first game I bought for the system when it finally came into my life...
    Didn't play it half as much as I expected to mind, even the marvellous Blastcorps...

I couldn't wait to own Rare Replay, in fact it was the first game I bought for the system when it finally came into my life...
    Didn't play it half as much as I expected to mind, even the marvellous Blastcorps...

Sony DTP-T1000 PSP Dev toolkit with DTP-H110 controller.

Purchased as seen, not tested as they had no power cable. But they did have the power supply, just missing a standard figure 8 connector cable which we all have loads of.
    Works perfect once i plugged it in :) It even came with the foot button thingy that is always missing on these (the thing on the right).

ENTJny4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

funny how that looks like 90s hardware when it's for the PSP

Master of the Universe

Deadly! Seems to be a good time to pick up Sony dev hardware. Did you ever get one of those PS3 units in the end?

Still waiting to do something with my one! Had grand plans to load the HDDs with games but it is yet to happen. :D

airmax87 wrote: »
    funny how that looks like 90s hardware when it's for the PSP

The back doesn't help it either :)

0W6NLUz.jpg
    Deadly! Seems to be a good time to pick up Sony dev hardware. Did you ever get one of those PS3 units in the end?

Still waiting to do something with my one! Had grand plans to load the HDDs with games but it is yet to happen. :D

I got fat test ps2 and slim ps2 test machines recently. That guy never got back to me on the PS3 so nothing happened with that. Does he still have them?

Master of the Universe

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The back doesn't help it either :)

I got fat test ps2 and slim ps2 test machines recently. That guy never got back to me on the PS3 so nothing happened with that. Does he still have them?

You'll be glad to hear you can get them for FAR cheaper now on ebay! I've seen a few listed in around £130 or so, which less than half what I paid for mine :(

Actually here's one that was up for just £125

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142198731417?ul_noapp=true

Another arrival just in. Not exactly interesting on its own, but they are for an incoming thingy that should be here next week.
    The green tapes are custom made to any specs (ferro, chrome, metal as well as length) and a 10th of the price of the branded Metal tapes they try to sell you on eBay or Amazon.

8avLMHN.jpg

Me love toxic green transparent plastic :)
    rIeLu5P.jpg

In case anyone is interested:
    https://tapeline.info

I have a business account with them, so if doing a bulk order i can help ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The last few bits I've picked up. The Famicom Mini was worth waiting for, how much use it will get given the size of the controllers is another thing. It would be great to see a Super Famicom version in the future.

P1080636_zps9nap9f7r_edit_1480884704018_zps82ww7rm3.jpgP1080631_zpswqh1mzjj_edit_1480885239909_zpsxpgchmkd.jpg
    P1080597_zps0pvjy88k_edit_1480883538422_zpsisqp6r2y.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement