Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The back doesn't help it either :)

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0W6NLUz.jpg[/MG] I got fat test ps2 and slim ps2 test machines recently. That guy never got back to me on the PS3 so nothing happened with that. Does he still have them?[/img]
    Whats the foot pedal thing supposed to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the foot pedal thing supposed to do?

My understanding is you can set it to do a different things. Like take a screenshot, halt the debugger etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was going to get that Namcollection during the year, are the games straight conversions of the PS1 originals or have they been updated at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I was going to get that Namcollection during the year, are the games straight conversions of the PS1 originals or have they been updated at all?

I think it added an analog stick support and the scrolling seems smoother too. So far I've only played Ridge Racer and Klonoa but both played very well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think it added an analog stick support and the scrolling seems smoother too. So far I've only played Ridge Racer and Klonoa but both played very well.

That's great, I'll pick it up so, and it'll look good next to the Point Blank collection, for the PS2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's great, I'll pick it up so, and it'll look good next to the Point Blank collection, for the PS2.

You should, I picked it up from Steve Bailey. It was less than twenty euro at the time. I've been getting him to track down the Taito Memories games for me over the last couple of years, the content of the last two games wouldn't be as strong as the first two but it's nice to have them. There are some games on them that weren't on the releases outside of Japan. There was four games that were released whereas the West only got two on PS2. If I have time later I'll put some pictures up of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just won an auction for PS1,Super Famicom, Orange Gamecube and one i'm most excited about is PS2 racing pack the white console with Gran Turismo 4.
    All japanese editions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

This is useless without pics:p:pac:

geotrig wrote: »
    This is useless without pics:p:pac:

Sadly Japanese post don't offer next day delivery to Ireland so won't have pics up until end of the month :) But rest assured when they do arrive I shall spam pics and relevant modding questions on the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

I have had things turn up in 3 days from Japan ....I'm fairly sure the delay was the Irish side.:PAC:

• Advertisement

I opted for the cheaper overland postage, with 6 consoles, figures, toys and various console peripherals the Airpost was quoted at 500+ so didn't fancy spending that.
    Aslong as they get here in one piece I don't mind waiting a month or so.

Japan post is generally quick enough. But the last month or two it takes 3 weeks for stuff to arrive. I've fairly regular deliveries coming from Steve Bailey and others there and have noticed an increase from the usual 2 weeks to 3.

Ah 3 weeks is not bad, i don't mind the wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Shin Megami Tensei IV Final / Apocalypse arrived yesterday, was too busy to post anything :).
    I still can't believe its a physical copy!

So my rundmd based clock arrived yesterday from the US. I was in the process of building my own when I came across a guy on a pinball forum doing a batch of them with pretty much everything improved from what I was doing and what everyone else seem to have at the moment (better panels, power setup, much better case etc).
    Will stick up a few pics later as I forgot to take them last night, but I'm super happy with it :)

Now, what to do with my other rundmd and display? It works perfectly, just never did the case for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Now, what to do with my other rundmd and display?

That's a tough decision.

You might even say It's Tricky!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTE8DsER2jKZNOa-AhTZcYUwZmMqhMmkOjnLayW_2551mAJRhaI

Run-DMD clock.
    This uses RGB panels and I'm still going through the colours to see what looks best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

1985 Ericsson portable pc with internal printer.
    003D317F-348A-4A47-BD03-04BB0ACB85C0_zpsxfcjuyl4.jpg

I ordered Corpse Party on 3DS, mainly for the figures lol, don't have a NTSC 3DS to play the game yet, it comes with an ost too.
    It was the same price to get this as it was to buy the figures alone.
    Atavan was kind enough to post it over to me with some goodies :) thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Run-DMD clock.
    This uses RGB panels and I'm still going through the colours to see what looks best.

That's sick! This is a DIY kit right? Looks really nice!

eddhorse wrote: »
    1985 Ericsson portable pc with internal printer.

NnyqfcowpXZOU.gif

Superb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A little Christmas present from me to me.

CDF182C6-D535-4220-B617-8384508CAF40_zpsvu59yn4t.jpg

A little Christmas present from me to me.
    Copycatter lol jkjk. I'm surprised you haven't a copy already, it's Pokemons!

Copycatter lol jkjk. I'm surprised you haven't a copy already, it's Pokemons!

It's my 3rd copy :pac: didn't have an NTSC version though and only brought sapphire with me

It's my 3rd copy :pac: didn't have an NTSC version though and only brought sapphire with me
    So you've 2 Ruby and 1 Sapphire? I wonder did you catch multipleitus before you left lol jkjk (you've like 7 3DSs tho?)

So you've 2 Ruby and 1 Sapphire? I wonder did you catch multipleitus before you left lol jkjk (you've like 7 3DSs tho?)

No, 3 ruby (one for each region) and 2 sapphire (JPN & PAL). I take gotta catch em all very seriously! And I've only 6 3DS' :o

No, 3 ruby (one for each region) and 2 sapphire (JPN & PAL). I take gotta catch em all very seriously! And I've only 6 3DS' :o
    I had thought it was 3 copies of Ruby but I said no that couldn't be right. Truly you are a pokemaniac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

One day I'll bother playing through the Hoenn region. Not anytime soon though. Started working in CEX and I'm absolutely in shambles timewise to do any gaming. ;_; I'll get time once the Christmas rush is done! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Two guesses as to who my secret Santa was!

Two PS2 wireless controllers and a 3D printed Raspberry Pi NES enclosure.

Absolute legend!

404287.jpg

404288.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Never mind it's not who I thought it was.

Almost missed this in the box:

404290.jpg

Thank you glorious stranger! :-)

• Advertisement

One of the lads in work was cleaning out his desk and gave me this beauty,

MBWnVtc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement