Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

Happy Christmas lads.
    Hope you all got nice hauls.
    The missus surprised me with this

Been talking about it for years!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And slaps will be delivered to the person who suggested Mrs Ciderman spend € on one of these....

lwwPD2Sm.jpg

It's sh1te btw!

Aww, I got one too, ****e is right! But I also got the tiny arcade cabinet version which has a few shmups that are kinda ok on it, so it's not all bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Not really new but I just found a Sealed box of Rise of the Robots in my wardrobe.. :L This is the junk wardrobe I throw random old stuff into for storage.. I'll have to throw up some photos. :L The seals mostly intact, just a little bit off at the bottom..

Isn't this game a meme for someone here? xD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Linoud wrote: »
    Not really new but I just found a Sealed box of Rise of the Robots in my wardrobe.. :L This is the junk wardrobe I throw random old stuff into for storage.. I'll have to throw up some photos. :L The seals mostly intact, just a little bit off at the bottom..

Isn't this game a meme for someone here? xD

The Rise of the Robots Novel is where its really at.
    320 pages of, what can only be described as, words :)

dhmBCBP.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The Rise of the Robots Novel is where its really at.
    320 pages of, what can only be described as, words :)

dhmBCBP.jpg

Can't believe you spent the penny on it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems like an extravagant way to get kindling for the fire

Worth every single penny guys :)

On another note, this little beauty arrived this morning from Poland.

DTFAdko.jpg
    me1sOU3.jpg
    oYqsXSG.jpg

USB adapter that works with the Amiga/Atari/C64 etc etc and supports wireless keyboards and mice(as well as a passthrough for a normal retro joystick/pad). So far it works well with the Amiga 1200 and CD32, I've tried a few Logitech wireless mouse and keyboards without issue.
    I've had other adapters before that were super fussy on the wireless mice side of things, this one works with pretty much anything.

Really handy little thing actually, and works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice Steve. I was looking for something like this a while back but anything I researched all had wireless compatability issues as you eluded to.

Link please?

Very nice Steve. I was looking for something like this a while back but anything I researched all had wireless compatability issues as you eluded to.

Link please?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/232039340177?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

So a while back, a colleague showed up at work with this for me. C64, tape, games and joystick . No box, but he had the foam insert/protection for it too . I generously accepted :D
    He said he's got a few more games in the attic somewhere too
    15391315_10154794639253276_324223140576729822_o.jpg?oh=0c0c8e6f8a35d3e9bdb1f749fce3cc0d&oe=58D60A78

aaaaalso, I was on hols in the alps last week (my parents live there 4 months of the year) and a friend and hotel owner had this half working Dr Who pin in his basement. He said we was going to throw it away whenever it stops working (which looks like soon as the thing didn't seem to go past the boot sequence). So I stepped in and said I'd take it off him when that happens.
    Essentially I just need to move it from the alps to my folks place in stmalo and I'll collect it this summer when we go on holidays there.
    15698308_10154878905843276_6694769903958076394_n.jpg?oh=6b8da78a616fb2eebd057c7e14a3ea4f&oe=58E7DEA0

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

St Malo = Gorgeousness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got this Super Mario Bros 3 map skirt second hand, I had my eye on it for ages and said I'd finally buy it as a treat for doing well in my first aid exam. The print is a bit blurry but I don't mind.
    Super-Mario-Bros-3-Skirt.jpg

okay ... you're going to think i'm making this up now but...

My neighbour showed up with a few bags full of stuff (after my wife talked to his wife and mentioned the "video games room" )
    Atari 600XL with carts and tooons of floppies (even 3 boxes of blank ones) . two floppy drives and bits.
    Amiga 600 with a few boxed games and tons of manuals . it's the christmas that never ends :D

Turns out his uncle worked for atari ireland , mostly fixing arcade machines and got him tons of stuff back then. He's going to get in touch with the man and see what else is there. Also I would love to ask the man about the day to day of working at the irish atari factory .

15727232_10154886786553276_1302755002976667886_n.jpg?oh=0b7ad010d5624c64b26c20d60ba5f7b2&oe=58DFE7DE

Let me know if you have a spare Boulder Dash, on cart, for the XL/XE!
    Or, anything else Atari XE/XL you might be shifting on the Marketplace!

it's my first time with an XL system so I don't have any doubles I'm afraid.
    I wouldn't sell them regardless, gifts are gifted back if I don't want them so if more come up and they happen to be doubles, you can have them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

It's ok Cidey, I'll get them off him as a gift and sell them onto you if desperate to buy them.
    And then you'll be able to sell them on the marketplace and buy them back again later. :D

Don't ban me:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I got this Super Mario Bros 3 map skirt second hand, I had my eye on it for ages and said I'd finally buy it as a treat for doing well in my first aid exam. The print is a bit blurry but I don't mind.
    Super-Mario-Bros-3-Skirt.jpg

I love it!

You could go all seasonal/themed with the maps too.

Iceland for Christmas, desertland for summer, giantworld for when the Giants are in the World Series. Skyland for when you're flying. Pipeland if you're on the tube. And world 8 if you on the black ball in snooker/pool.

Fierce practical.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I love it!

You could go all seasonal/themed with the maps too.

Iceland for Christmas, desertland for summer, giantworld for when the Giants are in the World Series. Skyland for when you're flying. Pipeland if you're on the tube. And world 8 if you on the black ball in snooker/pool.

Fierce practical.
    You're as excited as I am! Lol jkjk.
    There's a half and half of this and the desertland but it's a lot more than what I paid for this. Sometimes they're a fortune and it's not even good material.
    I could probably do a matching tee, get map leggings ...

I was thinking of the what the items were that I could add into it, like as a brooch or bag. Should be good for quiet days at cons or beers of course.

Swiper.... no Swiping!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

It almost didn't happen but I finally broke 100 sealed NES games with these. Bucky and Kickle were gifts! Very happy sitting on 105 sealed games in 8 months (My goal was 100 by the end of the year). Hoping for at least 150 by this time next year!

Al.

• Advertisement

Impressive, most impressive...

Just pre ordered the Sunset Riders vinyl

http://store.iam8bit.co.uk/collections/vinyl/products/sunset-riders-ep

this marks the 10th vinyl I've bought in the last month, I'll have to calm down a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Just pre ordered the Sunset Riders vinyl

http://store.iam8bit.co.uk/collections/vinyl/products/sunset-riders-ep

this marks the 10th vinyl I've bought in the last month, I'll have to calm down a bit

Is the "bury me with my money" sample a locked groove :D

The killer instinct vinyl arrived today from the same store. I forgot I had ordered it it was so long ago.

If you are collecting video game vinyl then have a look at the street fighter 2 set that was recently re-pressed. http://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/gs-001
    Prior to the re-press it was going for a lot discogs (still is asking a lot more on discogs)

Is the "bury me with my money" sample a locked groove :D

The killer instinct vinyl arrived today from the same store. I forgot I had ordered it it was so long ago.

If you are collecting video game vinyl then have a look at the street fighter 2 set that was recently re-pressed. http://bigwax.fr/en/brave-wave/gs-001
    Prior to the re-press it was going for a lot discogs (still is asking a lot more on discogs)

I missed Killer Cuts and im raging about it now, That and both Hotline Miami 3 vinyl sets are the most wanted on my list!

Few nice bits in today.

Radiant Silvergun. I've got it already, but not as minty as this with a spine card (plus the price was decent).
    L817147.jpg

Well, it was cheap, and i didnt have it already :)
    lAPDEYf.jpg

For some reason I didnt have this one in my collection, which was just plain wrong.
    IvJKQTB.jpg

Strider Hiryu
    4aouKf9.jpg

The Super Shinobi
    d3x7YiO.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Latest Item to have purchased....

heer is the link....

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/flash-back-for-sale-altogether-computer-games-from-better-times/11991785

Guy throw in a PS2 orginal aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I missed Killer Cuts and im raging about it now, That and both Hotline Miami 3 vinyl sets are the most wanted on my list!

I passed on the killer cuts and sunsets riders. The killer cuts had special editions during evo and stuff. Kind of cool.
    The 3 LP Hotline sets I bought, and really regret not buying two of each. Both are gorgeous. 2 was from iam8bit and the original from the kickstarter.

xmas present from me to me :)

fr300_case-475x475.jpg

Not something I got for myself but it looks cool so sharing. I got my friend this Metroid metal travel cup through Society6 (want one myself). The design is by Slippytee, if anyone can remember my Twinbee tee it's the same guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got myself some light reading in the post. S3KuiRh.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement