Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Inviere

Not really gaming related but it is retro! Wanted one of these for a while and found one locally for $60.

64385870-F130-4150-8D59-C6F541B1DC05_zpsjkxe1w2u.jpg

It's an iMac G4 straight outta 2002. Came with the pro speakers too which are actually pretty decent. Mainly going to use it for music and see if I can get some form of mame running on it.

The 'responsive' site being ever so responsive there :rolleyes: Not a single thread or post visible without having to scroll, all the while acres of empty space sit there looking new and edgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Dragon Quest VIII came today with some art I ordered from Oh Carol, very happy today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Was up in the lockup over the weekend for the first time in 6 months going through stuff. Should have it cleared out soon enough, only took me a year and a half!

The amount of gear I'd just straight up forgotten I'd had. Check out this crate. I wish I could go back in time and smack myself upside the head for just randomly leaving SOTN there. I'd say there were about 3-4 crates on top of this at some point :eek:

IMG_20170114_145601710%201_zpsom0yyxqy.jpg

Not too much to go now. Should have the cabs up in the new place in the next few weeks! Cannot bloody wait.

IMG_20170114_145547866_zpsopauttlj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

If you find a copy of Chibi Robo I've a home for it right here ha ha. Actually I need to actually man up and hunt the last few GameCube games I need.
    Mission for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Think I lended you most of that O1s1n, that's why you can't recall getting half the stuff. I'll pm you my parcel motel there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Not really gaming related but it is retro! Wanted one of these for a while and found one locally for $60.

64385870-F130-4150-8D59-C6F541B1DC05_zpsjkxe1w2u.jpg

It's an iMac G4 straight outta 2002. Came with the pro speakers too which are actually pretty decent. Mainly going to use it for music and see if I can get some form of mame running on it.

Beautiful! I've been tempted to get one for a while, but I know if I bring one home then I'll probably end up floating in the canal :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll take that washing machine there off your hands O1s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

o1s1n wrote: »
    Was up in the lockup over the weekend for the first time in 6 months going through stuff. Should have it cleared out soon enough, only took me a year and a half!

The amount of gear I'd just straight up forgotten I'd had. Check out this crate. I wish I could go back in time and smack myself upside the head for just randomly leaving SOTN there. I'd say there were about 3-4 crates on top of this at some point :eek:

IMG_20170114_145601710%201_zpsom0yyxqy.jpg

Not too much to go now. Should have the cabs up in the new place in the next few weeks! Cannot bloody wait.

IMG_20170114_145547866_zpsopauttlj.jpg

d63ece12534066daf81c555aa4542594a837efddb16dbc3ba9bef03149a8f548.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got this to see can i revive that portable Ericsson PC :
    DD16C4C2-6F80-438D-B2EA-1604A7DAF17B_zpselpdqcj4.jpg
    Edit : Haven't seen a 5 inch floppy in a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd have imagined that most systems that'd run 6.2 would have had 3.5" drives, but suppose unless you're running 'dosshell' then it'd not take up much more memory than the older versions (3.3 in my case, got 6 much later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Star Lord wrote: »
    I'd have imagined that most systems that'd run 6.2 would have had 3.5" drives, but suppose unless you're running 'dosshell' then it'd not take up much more memory than the older versions (3.3 in my case, got 6 much later)

Well its not booting into DOS so thought it might need somthing like this, 3.2 Dos on 5 inch floppy is hard to find.
    No manual either so clutching at straws.

003D317F-348A-4A47-BD03-04BB0ACB85C0_zpsxfcjuyl4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

MAME up and running, with added cat.

9FA76C0B-3BAB-4019-890F-259F5992C83A_zpsnvcsnuss.jpg

I've an all white cat too.
    Is yours deaf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Is yours deaf?

I'd guess yes, sure why else would he be sitting so close to the speakers.:D

Is yours deaf?

All cats are deaf, what else can explain their total lack of response to human complaints?

Apparently white cats are deaf are way more likely to be deaf in one or both ears and cats with blue eyes. Pure feckers have an intolernce to bright lights and have poor low light vision and they are prone to cancer in their ears.
    All thanks to selective breeding.
    All grey cats are female and ginger cats are predominately male, interestingly enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Trump likes to grab them, so careful now

Is yours deaf?

No, he just has selective hearing! Comes bolting in when the bag of food is rustling but couldn't give a sh*te if you call him. He doesn't have blue eyes so I think that's maybe why. It's also unusual that he's male as white cats are predominantly female. I don't know his full history as he's a rescue from Egypt, flown all the way to Toronto!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    All cats are deaf, what else can explain their total lack of response to human complaints?

That's not specific to cats...

No, he just has selective hearing! Comes bolting in when the bag of food is rustling but couldn't give a sh*te if you call him. He doesn't have blue eyes so I think that's maybe why. It's also unusual that he's male as white cats are predominantly female. I don't know his full history as he's a rescue from Egypt, flown all the way to Toronto!

Are you sure you're not thinking of those fully grey cats? White cats can be either sex. We've had two white cats that were male and total bastards too.

• Advertisement

Are you sure you're not thinking of those fully grey cats? White cats can be either sex. We've had two white cats that were male and total bastards too.

I don't know, that's just what the vet said to me!

I don't know, that's just what the vet said to me!

Tell the vet, it's all bollix.

Tell the vet, it's all bollix.

I've a all white deaf female with one orange eye and one green eye :D

I don't own a cat because
    They are evil gits
    They like to kill things, and leave the bleeding carcasses on the floor, if you wanted to give me a present an All4One voucher would have been fine.
    They wash their nethers on the couch next to you, with their tongue.
    They take over the whole house, and it then becomes their house.
    They go out at night having far more fun than me.

Master of the Universe

My cat woke me at 7am this morning by knocking a glass vase off the upstairs mezzanine and it eploded all over the sitting room downstairs.

Gave me that look of 'yeah, I know what I did, what are you going to do about it?'

Little bastard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Got a Crazy Kong pcb from ebay in the mail yesterday.
    For some reason the 2 arcades I used to go to back home had CK and not DK so that's where my nostalgia lies
    When I first discovered DK I was disappointed the character sound were so different and "bland" .

...just need a cab to go around it now :)

16266038_10154975227963276_4887367081870019152_n.jpg?oh=ce941c721e8b99b1712cec973a2508b5&oe=5913109A

Oh, posted this in the Nintendo forum but might as well throw it up here as well!

chMaodzm.jpg

I've already hacked it btw

So, if you were to populate the machine with all the NES/Famicom games you wanted, what sort of list would it be.
    Choice picks only, no long lists of loveliness!

Master of the Universe

Finally! Delighted for ya :D

• Advertisement

Now pick up the Fami Mini and your journey towards the dark side will be compl....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement