Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh, posted this in the Nintendo forum but might as well throw it up here as well!

chMaodzm.jpg

I've already hacked it btw

And you put up a photo of Santa Claus chauffeuring it to you!

Strange, I thought he was closed for business at this time of year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    And you put up a photo of Santa Claus chauffeuring it to you!

Strange, I thought he was closed for business at this time of year.

The photo is on imjur and public, some people out there aren't very nice at all... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kerbdog has passed a few bits to me, that I'll probably sell in the Marketplace.
    One is a GameCube with a modded case, so it'll read off of full size DVD-R s, I think there must be a mod chip in there as well, he has provided the original case as well, so it can be set back to vanilla again.
    Another is a VGA modded Dreamcast, with a full time VGA port on the back, activated by switch.
    It's also modded so it'll run a variety of media from any region.
    There's a Super Wildcard device there too, for a SNES owner to make images onto a floppy disk for "back up" purposes I suppose.
    And lastly there is an OG PSP, I think it needs a battery.
    So, I'm going to sort through that lot and post what's good on the Marketplace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The photo is on imjur and public, some people out there aren't very nice at all... :(
    I hate that, try not to take notice, I feel sorry for people that, they've have nothing better to do.
    I'll use that app and make the photo kawaii, they'll all be mad about you then :pac: jkjk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Got these from a guy at a local flea market. One crusty Videopac, 2 Ti99 carts and a Grandstand galaxian clone :)
    They don't work though but I should be able to fix them.

16299525_10154982151783276_7581129031667835685_n.jpg?oh=c34fb1f381b160d2db1c4ebfa94ae880&oe=590AA64C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

BGOllie wrote: »
    Got these from a guy at a local flea market. One crusty Videopac, 2 Ti99 carts and a Grandstand galaxian clone :)

My friend had that Astro Wars, I was very envious, 30 years or whatever on and I'm envious again!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

BGOllie wrote: »

16299525_10154982151783276_7581129031667835685_n.jpg?oh=c34fb1f381b160d2db1c4ebfa94ae880&oe=590AA64C

That was your first console was it not? Before tou got the MSX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Inviere wrote: »
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    All cats are deaf, what else can explain their total lack of response to human complaints?

That's not specific to cats...
    .....what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Inviere

MrVestek wrote: »
    .....what?

I think humans complain a little too much, no animals listen to us :D

So
    Boulder Dash arrived today, for my 65XE.
    It's turns out to be a repro with a poorly printed label, but I'm not minding too much.
    It was €40 including shipping but the original costs many multiples of that and this is kind of the game that the kid Ciderman remembers all those years ago.
    I can't wait to get home and give it a whirl!

Edit: Played it and it's still awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Not retro (unless you consider the NES styling on the left cube). They were from a Kickstarter last year and finally arrived this morning. I've been clicking away all day (probably a good thing I work from home!). :pac:

hGvASiM.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Not retro (unless you consider the NES styling on the left cube). They were from a Kickstarter last year and finally arrived this morning. I've been clicking away all day (probably a good thing I work from home!). :pac:

hGvASiM.jpg

I think its hilarious that people were able to buy Aliexpress clones before kickstarter backers managed to get theirs! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Came back from a trip to London for work to find a **** load of parcels waiting for me (and two missed parcel motel deliveries :/ )

Anyway the only retro delivery was Little Samson of the NES PAL B version. Big thanks for Ollie for this one as it's pretty much the last of my NES/famicom holy grail games to get... unless I discover something new for the system.

Also not retro but got some retro themed games. Wild Guns on the PS4 is a fantastic update of another Holy Grail game this time a SNES classic. Definitely the cheaper way to own it.

Also got River City Ransom Tokyo Rumble for 3DS which is a brand new River City Ransom game that plays very similar to the NES original.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »

hGvASiM.jpg

I got the notifications that my ones are on the way. I went for G4MER and Midnight versions. Is that black one Midnight?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I got the notifications that my ones are on the way. I went for G4MER and Midnight versions. Is that black one Midnight?

Black one is the Backer Edition and the Grey is Retro (based off the NES colouring).

That red and black rubber shell on each is that separate Prism keyring holder thingie you were able to order for a few quid extra (I've taken the keyring itself off). They don't come with them normally, I just had them on when I took the pic, they give a little more grip when holding it. You also get a little pouch in the case under the cardboard base. They're awesome little yokes. :D

Drawer fillers if I've ever seen a drawer filler!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Anyway the only retro delivery was Little Samson of the NES PAL B version. Big thanks for Ollie for this one as it's pretty much the last of my NES/famicom holy grail games to get... unless I discover something new for the system.

So you have Stadium Events?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

flea market score today :D
    had ntsc version DK already though but that black Gameboy is sliiick :)

16602569_10155002873388276_4164329993057708465_n.jpg?oh=884f5824339064256317ad93d6e534ab&oe=58FDD26A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That gameboy is unreal.

Get a good new screen in there now!

Hope to have a nice silver Gameboy Pocket on my desk in the morning.
    I have a clear cased one but it's badly sun stained to a urine like aspect.
    I'm a big fan of the little device, possibly my favourite Gameboy of all.
    Such a crisp screen, I remember playing a lot of Lemmings on it, almost unplayable on the original GB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just picked up this lot from a local buy and sell group

€30 for everything. Including a mega drive controller and mega games 1

kYd0NLU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Pity the initials weren't JB but otherwise nice little get.

First proper retro purchase in a long time (DS is retro isn't it?). Was reading an article on Eurogamer about Sumo Digital and this game was mentioned - seemed to get good reviews and don't think I already had it.

hdxLIL9.jpg

Speaking of Sumo, would love if the the Outrun games came to BC on XB1 or even re-released on PS4 or something (too lazy to dig the original Xbox out of storage).

There's licensing issues with Sega and Ferrari, so their games were pulled from the digital stores.
    I'd love to have Outrun 2006: Coast2Coast on my PS4 or XB1, remastered to HD.

I got a mega yarn Yoshi and Olimar amiibo.
    Not really retro but kinda maybe, I got an instax mini 8 camera. I still wanted it after a year of thinking about it on and off and it was reduced, thought it might be fun.

I got a mega yarn Yoshi and Olimar amiibo.
    Not really retro but kinda maybe, I got an instax mini 8 camera. I still wanted it after a year of thinking about it on and off and it was reduced, thought it might be fun.

I have a mega yarn yoshi as well. I say I have it, but in reality it now belongs to my 1 year old daughter. She loves the thing :)

I also recently got a camera that uses the instax mini film(the south beach version of the below). It's fun :)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-automat-camera

NCfWccS.gif

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I have a mega yarn yoshi as well. I say I have it, but in reality it now belongs to my 1 year old daughter. She loves the thing :)

I also recently got a camera that uses the instax mini film(the south beach version of the below). It's fun :)
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lomography/the-lomoinstant-automat-camera

NCfWccS.gif
    I'm sure I'll love mine too lol, I've way too many plushes and at the same time never enough.

That's a gorgeous camera, how much was it to back? I could only see what the retail price would be and that the kick starter was cheaper. The 3 film packs for 25 is pretty good I think too. I read online it's so much cheaper to buy more, like the difference in a dollar a photo to like 25c. I thought the camera be nice for like mindfulness / bring present too.

I have the instax printer to connect with my smart phone so film wouldn't go to waste, I still have picked up what photos print best yet, they can come out too washed.

I'm sure I'll love mine too lol, I've way too many plushes and at the same time never enough.

That's a gorgeous camera, how much was it to back? I could only see what the retail price would be and that the kick starter was cheaper. The 3 film packs for 25 is pretty good I think too. I read online it's so much cheaper to buy more, like the difference in a dollar a photo to like 25c. I thought the camera be nice for like mindfulness / bring present too.

I have the instax printer to connect with my smart phone so film wouldn't go to waste, I still have picked up what photos print best yet, they can come out too washed.

The camera was 149 to back on kickstarter. I bought a couple of film carts in boots for it, but ended up buying a 100 pack on Amazon for a bit cheaper.
    I still wish i could get good quality Polaroid 600 film for my original instant camera i picked up in 1995, but they only have crappy, expensive and bad quality remade stuff these day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yeh the impossible film ? It's pretty bad considering it's 20 euro for 8 shots and you could end up with ones that all have lines in them.

But I prefer the size of 600 film to the Fujifilm mini stuff.

• Advertisement

Yeh the impossible film ? It's pretty bad considering it's 20 euro for 8 shots and you could end up with ones that all have lines in them.

But I prefer the size of 600 film to the Fujifilm mini stuff.

Yeah, 600 film is/was the business. The fuji stuff is a fun novelty, nowhere near the size or quality of the polaroid stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement