Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll stick to the Gameboy Printer.....
    You can "mod" a standard thermal receipt paper with a hacksaw, so it's the right width, and it works a treat apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Steve X2 wrote: »
    The camera was 149 to back on kickstarter. I bought a couple of film carts in boots for it, but ended up buying a 100 pack on Amazon for a bit cheaper.
    I still wish i could get good quality Polaroid 600 film for my original instant camera i picked up in 1995, but they only have crappy, expensive and bad quality remade stuff these day.
    That's not too bad, I paid £56, cheapest I saw it and if I got the use I could think of something nicer like yours.
    I actually haven't seen any other film now I think of it. Could you get the polaroid film on eBay or something? I remember seeing videos of really old ones still being used it came back being popular they didn't like the new stuff. Probably chance of damp ect I guess.

Damn you Life is Strange, I wanted it even more after that lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

You lads and your amazing local finds! :L Jealous of that NES pickup, mine needs a replacement pin connector I think!
    And damn, Return of the Jedi was a class Snes game. ;_; One day I'll find my old copy :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Got myself another Spectrum related gadget, this one's for loading tzx (which a divmmc can't)cdt and tap files. It's a tzxduino, you could do a similar thing using old mobile phone if volume goes loud enough, but I'm a sucker for a gadget. Nifty little thing, and if you're handy hobbyist solderer the plans are available. I'm not, so I bought one! There's a version that loads cas files for MSX, and also Wav too.

GzRlAmv.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Hey can anyone link a good value step down converter pls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

What type of wattage ,mapliin do/did do an OK one that would do the job for a lot of stuff .... Airlink transformer s are good also but more expensive

Its to use with some jap consoles, Snes,Gamecube,Saturn,Dreamcast and PS2/1 and PSX.
    So what ever is best for consoles. Never used a step down so not sure what to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

A 45W one should do fine per console, I've been using one of these for years and apart from a hum that developed when its plugged in I've no complaints: ( it may have hummed from the beginning for all I know)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=45w+voltage+converter&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X45w+voltage+converter+down.TRS0&_nkw=45w+voltage+converter+down&_sacat=0

They all seem to be OEM, Maplin charge €30 just for slapping the maplin logo on them.

BTW: This is probably the wrong thread for requesting help with such items.

Thanks for the link and apologies if it is the wrong place for the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭geotrig

Its mad/great how cheap they are now , i remember getting one exactly like that in the mid /late 90's from a local lecky shop for 50ish quid :eek:
    I still haven't gone back to said shop after that rapage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got myself another Spectrum related gadget, this one's for loading tzx (which a divmmc can't)cdt and tap files. It's a tzxduino, you could do a similar thing using old mobile phone if volume goes loud enough, but I'm a sucker for a gadget. Nifty little thing, and if you're handy hobbyist solderer the plans are available. I'm not, so I bought one! There's a version that loads cas files for MSX, and also Wav too.

GzRlAmv.jpg

Hmm...Interested. Where did you get this from?

Firefox11 wrote: »
    Hmm...Interested. Where did you get this from?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1795350417414553&id=1794858690797059 I think the next version out will be a more reliable job though, and there's another person on sellmyretro who's going to start selling them and may well do a better job (not that I'm unhappy with mine).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

On a bit of PS1 buzz these days. not exactly classics but entertaining nonetheless :) But why are the cases always wrecked...Gonna have to splash out on a heap on replacement ones.

32837726905_3fb6a50c11_c.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

On a bit of PS1 buzz these days. not exactly classics but entertaining nonetheless :) But why are the cases always wrecked...Gonna have to splash out on a heap on replacement ones.

32837726905_3fb6a50c11_c.jpg

Pal cases are flimsy and crap. Much better off collecting NTSC. Better wquality cases and 60Hz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,218 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pal cases are flimsy and crap. Much better off collecting NTSC. Better wquality cases and 60Hz

**** artwork though ;)

I'm perfectly happy with PAL, cheaper and easier to get and I'm a collector, more of a hoarder. If gameplay is an issue regarding 50/60Hz then that's easily resolved via cd-r.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

V Rally on PS, an entirely accurate representation of what rally cars would drive like if they were, in fact, helium balloons with wheels!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    V Rally on PS, an entirely accurate representation of what rally cars would drive like if they were, in fact, helium balloons with wheels!

V Rally was absolutely class back in the day. Very very enjoyable rally game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

And I'd bet you'd complain that Dirt Rally is too realistic and no fun!

No pleasing some people! :p

Doge wrote: »
    And I'd bet you'd complain that Dirt Rally is too realistic and no fun!

It's true :D

• Advertisement

I loved v rally too, was one of the games I got with my ps1 from my folks, played to death until I got a chance to get a few games myself.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1795350417414553&id=1794858690797059 I think the next version out will be a more reliable job though, and there's another person on sellmyretro who's going to start selling them and may well do a better job (not that I'm unhappy with mine).

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. The zx-hd looks interesting too ATM.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out. The zx-hd looks interesting too ATM.

Yeah, looks excellent, bit pricey though.

Yeah, looks excellent, bit pricey though.

Yeah it looks expensive allright and you have to supply your own pi zero too , nevertheless 2017 is shaping up to be a very interesting year the for the spectrum's 35th anniversary.

Yeah it looks expensive allright and you have to supply your own pi zero too , nevertheless 2017 is shaping up to be a very interesting year the for the spectrum's 35th anniversary.

Yeah, vega + due to start shipping this month (hopefully), kickstarter for Spectrum Next should get going in next couple of months, lots of new games getting made and released. New websites getting up and running, WoS maybe finally getting back to decent shape. Happy days, apart from for my wallet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Didn't like it at all. Much preferred the Colin McRae games, now they were great fun.

Colin McRae and it's sequel, just brilliant.
    And Gran Turismo 2, when it had rally sport tracks, wow, brilliant.
    My hear still belongs to Network Q Rally on the PC though, loved it back in around 96 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits in today.

Been wanting this Sonic anniversary set for a while now. Game is sealed, rest isn't.

VSZiJyW.jpg2hTiKqQ.jpg
    PSPaOzK.jpg

And some vinyl.

CsPZsVZ.jpgjCgqULn.jpg
    3O2Dbjl.jpgPxFxW67.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm well jell of the Sonic anniversary set, was it expensive if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm well jell of the Sonic anniversary set, was it expensive if you don't mind me asking?

I think i paid about 65 euro inc shipping from Japan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement