Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

I have a cosmos S the last 8 years,
    cant wait to get rid of it.
    Its just needlessly big in this day and age!!!!!!

I'll take that old case off your hands.....:P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just remove his catheter. :pac:

But is it a Convene or indwelling?
    Only my urologist knows for sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Already posted in the Nintendo forum, but it qualifies for here too!

Incoming Ninty goodies!
    Specifically this beauty
    Hori arcade stick for the Super Famicom, otherwise known as the Japanese SNES.
    http://www.adverts.ie/12509417

702280Hori_Fighting_Stick_snes.jpg

Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd forgotten I'd backed this on Kickstarter. Not actually sure why i did, but it's here now anyway :)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247569653/pi3cart-nes-cartridge-case-for-raspberry-pi-3/description

RqJ0cV1.jpg
    6iCEgSz.jpg

cropped-pi3cart.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

MrVestek wrote: »
    17352342_10212775812212942_8389539562222908764_n.jpg?oh=3774fba27002ed0bf5cddb1faf767a0a&oe=595AAD54

Currently in the process of upgrading the old Gaming PC to a slightly newer build thanks to the generous donation of a Coolermaster Cosmos S case.

That'll sort out my airflow issues for the foreseeable future anyway.
    So..is that big one street legal and is it petrol or diesel? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I'd forgotten I'd backed this on Kickstarter. Not actually sure why i did, but it's here now anyway :)

That's the story of this thread in a nutshell

A think of beauty and a joy forever.
    Thanks Mozie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All those beautiful pots!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think I see a cardiogram burnt in......

:D nice get!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

well, was gonna pick up a couple of crts from mozzie but today I got talking to one of my friends who's a video editor today and told him I was picking up 2 broadcasting CRT if he needed one ... long story short he doesn't and was trying to get rid of a couple JVC TM-1750PN :)

17505089_10155157775003276_3138047527151686885_o.jpg?oh=0c56089ac9a8cea2f4c023ed33f15e55&oe=596B2879

• Advertisement

BGOllie wrote: »
    well, was gonna pick up a couple of crts from mozzie but today I got talking to one of my friends who's a video editor today and told him I was picking up 2 broadcasting CRT if he needed one ... long story short he doesn't and was trying to get rid of a couple JVC TM-1750PN :)

17505089_10155157775003276_3138047527151686885_o.jpg?oh=0c56089ac9a8cea2f4c023ed33f15e55&oe=596B2879

Well, there's always a need for a fancy CRT in Chez Ciderman, if you feel you've got too many now and want to make some space.

I'm not greedy :) told mozie I won't be needing the other monitors since I'm now sorted

flea markets are back on :)

17504932_10155159803843276_4150791776221553611_o.jpg?oh=71812036495a050ede0a2240e382d902&oe=596C8829

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Is that a CRT in the karoke thing ? You HAVE to make a mini cab with it !!

Sing-A-Long Donkey Kong!

Is that a CRT in the karoke thing ? You HAVE to make a mini cab with it !!

was €5 so grabbed it thinking I could do that but it turns out it's a black and white one . Still, it'll do nicely in the room to play cds or dvds in the background and the odd plug & play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

was €5 so grabbed it thinking I could do that but it turns out it's a black and white one . Still, it'll do nicely in the room to play cds or dvds in the background and the odd plug & play :)

Dedicated Pong machine :)

You could put a little Pong clone in there, make a mini Pong cab out of it....
    Perfect little B&W CRT there for it.
    A RP0 to run it, as well as a Vectrex emulator... look the business!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Some original atomiswave art sets

IMAG0094_zpsva1fdpw2.jpg

IMAG0095_zps3iexvgsy.jpg

IMAG0093_zpsve9djb1w.jpg

IMAG0096_zps0cfu0vv0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Pi2jamma finally arrived, took a month after ordering.
    37772FB7-84DF-4B41-9187-D1D0350F87D3_zpsufshp6se.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice! Enjoy, Steve printed me a pcb holder so I can mount it in the cab, Iam sure he still has the file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice! Enjoy, Steve printed me a pcb holder so I can mount it in the cab, Iam sure he still has the file.

Cool will hit him up, i saw the pics on their website but the links didnt work for the file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

:)

DSC_00451_zpsivg9bxdw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

nice aul dpad on t'controller
    dY96Z8x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

"Can I get a medium double double, eh?"

EF3DF6A4-067B-4B0A-8F95-FC92C7F793AA_zpsvlex5ezp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm very jealous of everyone's purchases. Read the entire thread. I'm going back my dirty emulators now :(

I'm very jealous of everyone's purchases. Read the entire thread. I'm going back my dirty emulators now :(

No, don't do that!
    Just buy a console and take your time building a collection.
    PS2, Megadrive, Snes, Gameboy, these are all great starter systems, and there not too expensive to find games for them, keeping an eye on the markets, on the likes of Done Deal and Adverts too, as well as Ebay.
    Youtube has some great channels offering buyer guides, but often the games mentioned jump in price, simply because of the publicity the Youtube channel affords them, likes of Metal Jesus' channel for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    No, don't do that!

Says the owner of a Retron, multiple Pi's, and an AWSD running Hyperspin :D

You're right though, collection all the way. Both approaches can work in unison though, emulate whatever you wish as a way of identifying games you actually want to buy. I've bought quite a few games after discovering or enjoying them through an emulator first.

Inviere wrote: »
    Says the owner of a Retron, multiple Pi's, and an AWSD running Hyperspin :D

You're right though, collection all the way. Both approaches can work in unison though, emulate whatever you wish as a way of identifying games you actually want to buy. I've bought quite a few games after discovering or enjoying them through an emulator first.

Sure, I have a few original consoles too!

• Advertisement

Daytona looks like pants on Saturn but it plays great, you'll pick it up for peanuts too. Just don't get Daytona CC for the Saturn, it looks a little better but just doesn't play anything like the arcade game.
    Sega Rally is sublime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement