Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Los Lobos wrote: »
    We got two kittens during Italia 90, and named them Cagliari and Palermo, as that's where Ireland played their Group matches! Random
    My first dog was born during Italian 90 so they named him after Jack Charlton.
    Strange isn't it? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up this beauty for €15
    There aren't​ too many non Game & Watch LCD games that float me boat but this one seemed like a good one.
    Sadly, no box, instructions or the nifty case they came with.
    speedway_game2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Dunno which lad it was today I was serving in CEX but hope you find a good home for that PS2! :L

Been picking up some odd bits n pieces lately, nothing amazing. Too busy with work / Switch :L

Got this for the arcade thanks to Jack B.
    No idea why ,but its a bit of fun and it was cheap and fully stocked with sponge bob and puppies/kitten tattoos!
    Going to mount it on the wall later.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

https://youtu.be/nib3ISFHins

Got some amaaaaaazing stuff (for me anyway) in the mail! 116!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

https://youtu.be/nib3ISFHins

Got some amaaaaaazing stuff (for me anyway) in the mail! 116!

Hell of a lofty goal you have there, you seem to be doing amazingly well (it must be so hard to find sealed NES stuff at this stage). Best of luck going forward with it!

Inviere wrote: »
    Hell of a lofty goal you have there, you seem to be doing amazingly well (it must be so hard to find sealed NES stuff at this stage). Best of luck going forward with it!

Its getting crazy hard to find stuff lately at a price i am willing to pay or they are just being bought up from people i normally trade with so others can get them graded. I'm not into grading personally. I was gifted something absolutely amazing which ill include in the next video but it goes for crazy money atm so im absolutely delighted to have received it. Ive been on the look out for a reasonable priced one for a while so to be gifted one is amazing. Yoiu'd think that would be money saved towards more sealed NES games? NOPE! I got distracted again (I love pirate a hack Nintendo games) so I bought and traded for some instead of following up a lead for some sealed stuff. Will be in my next mail call! i reckon ill seriously have to pull out the stops to get to 150 by the end of the physical year this year but im gonna try my hardest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Speaking of GB's, I picked up these recently.

Gameboy Color, GB Boy Colour and Everdrive.

33458496363_890514554f_c.jpg

GB Boy is actually a decent enough clone, screen ratio is a little off but I can live with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just won an auction for chrono trigger. Cart only and it went for only €40 with one bid, have I missed something or is that the price for a US cart now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Just won an auction for chrono trigger. Cart only and it went for only €40 with one bid, have I missed something or is that the price for a US cart now?

That seems very unusually low for that, I had missed out on a few the end of last year that kept creeping past the 90-100 mark. I'd be careful on that for sure. Any pics of it?

• Advertisement

Seller has told me it's an original not a repro.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/172631783125

Still wary though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seller has told me it's an original not a repro.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/172631783125

Still wary though.

Good luck with it, but for an unboxed original game it's awfully minty looking.
    You'd have expected that label to have taken some abuse.

Wonderboy The Dragons Trap on the Switch is gorgeous!
    Got it installed and it's just amazing looking.
    There's some talk in some reviews about the slightly off putting physics and movement, but I see nothing wrong at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looks alright to me, label isnt perfect and doesnt look to wear added in a few minutes.

Hope its legit

Hope it is too. Have to get a yokey bob to open it.

I'm in two minds about it, although I think it's actually genuine. While the label is very off, I have a feeling the reason it finished so low was that it seems he had his location to only sell in Ireland. I have my ebay on UK settings and it didnt have a postage quote so I think it wouldn't have showed up on UK searches, only Ireland ones. If it is genuine that's the most off real label I've seen, I think it seems ok otherwise though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The label has that old and used look to it with the light hitting it but it is very crooked.

Let us know what you find when you open it.

Anyone have a spare screwdriver to open it? Just looking and most seem to be coming from China/Hong Kong.
    Will take too long to arrive.

Anyone have a spare screwdriver to open it? Just looking and most seem to be coming from China/Hong Kong.
    Will take too long to arrive.

Throw me a pm.and I'll send you one.

Also.....

Ali express are selling repos of chrono ATM for 14/16 Euro posted. Unfortunately they seem quite similar to yours. They are even selling them without the cart label. Could you ask him for a better closer pic of the label. Normally there are giveaways with the way it's been cut and if the txt is smudged / antialiased (current software does it differently to back in the day). A buddy of mine wrote a SNES book and has all the labels photographed and documented. I could check for you if you want.

Al.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and advice. I think I'll take the plunge, seller seems genuine.
    It's worth the risk.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Good luck with it, but for an unboxed original game it's awfully minty looking.
    You'd have expected that label to have taken some abuse.

No thanks for Cidey for being a negative Nellie. Boo Urns

One of the big hidden giveaway of a lot of fake labels these days are the corners of the label. A lot of them have a sharp or half sharp corner rather than the original rounded one. Yours seems to have it rounded. Opening it up is the only true way though if the label isn't obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭geotrig

Speaking of GB's, I picked up these recently.

Gameboy Color, GB Boy Colour and Everdrive.

GB Boy is actually a decent enough clone, screen ratio is a little off but I can live with that.

yeah the gb boy colour is a nice clone , dropped mine fairly easily and it never worked again:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

geotrig wrote: »
    yeah the gb boy colour is a nice clone , dropped mine fairly easily and it never worked again:eek:

Did you put the batteries back in again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭geotrig

Did you put the batteries back in again :)
    :pac: No... but i did the usual of taking the whole thing apart not knowing what to look for !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

That Chronotrigger looks legit, the label has a bit of authentic looking wear to it. Yes it's very off center, but that can happen. My own Earthbound cart (a hugely repro'd game) hasn't got a perfectly aligned label, & after some research into it, I found that it's not uncommon for that to happen. The only sure fire way is to open the cart though

As someone said, the "only ships to Ireland" thing is prob why it ended so cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just after seeing your Chrono Trigger get - I'd be very surprised if that wasn't legit alright, as mentioned, the label wear can only be from age.

Lucky bugger :D I need to start watching ebay Ireland auctions again...

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just after seeing your Chrono Trigger get - I'd be very surprised if that wasn't legit alright, as mentioned, the label wear can only be from age.

Lucky bugger :D I need to start watching ebay Ireland auctions again...

No, piss off!

To be honest, I'm getting a few nice things lately and I'm only looking at Irish sites.
    Restricts my buying options, which is a good thing in my view, as I'll go mad otherwise.
    Mostly PAL stuff though, so won't be for all.

Will have to go elsewhere to get my famicom AV though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ordered some homebrew on the MSX Repro Factory . PANG!
    18157559_10155270814563276_3767348611312287024_n.jpg?oh=b6001402c50b056d9d6e91ff786787b1&oe=5975E591

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just a few gets from a haul of 18 boxes I had delivered yesterday.
    More pics to come.

U8dCXqsm.jpgMteIeuCm.jpg
    MYPtNm9m.jpgZkFI9Qwm.jpg
    mkncETfm.jpgLKNE5UBm.jpg
    1JLNZygm.jpgUsIMThum.jpg
    qoYJ3lcm.jpgmX8S16em.jpg
    8uIRIFvm.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement