Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

The Dreamcast stuff from the bundle, a few nice titles.

7JqyFnbm.jpg

8PoTwk8m.jpg

mVHiGzLm.jpg

dR7Yve8m.jpg

Bq3XKnzm.jpg

Hwd7LYwm.jpg

EbT7l3am.jpg

pEsSI0Dm.jpg

jjwjKE2m.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Burzum wrote: »
    The Dreamcast stuff from the bundle, a few nice titles.

7JqyFnbm.jpg

8PoTwk8m.jpg

mVHiGzLm.jpg

dR7Yve8m.jpg

Bq3XKnzm.jpg

Hwd7LYwm.jpg

EbT7l3am.jpg

pEsSI0Dm.jpg

jjwjKE2m.jpg

That's a damn nice haul. Nice one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The poor dreamcast actually has really solid anti piracy code and it probably wouldn't have been hacked if that Mil-Cd thing wasn't found. People seem to think it can just run CDs but those games actually have been heavily modified to run on a CD.

I prefer to collect GDR originals though. A lot of the CD games have content hacked out or sound in outrageously bad quality to fit on a CD. The version of Maken X for instance has the entire Shoji Meguro soundtrack hacked out and one track on loop which ruins the game and some games just don't work, D2 is a complete pain to get running (original hacker doesn't know how he did it and it's spread across 8 CDs) and Napple Tale crashes on stage 3.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The poor dreamcast actually has really solid anti piracy code and it probably wouldn't have been hacked if that Mil-Cd thing wasn't found. People seem to think it can just run CDs but those games actually have been heavily modified to run on a CD.

I prefer to collect GDR originals though. A lot of the CD games have content hacked out or sound in outrageously bad quality to fit on a CD. The version of Maken X for instance has the entire Shoji Meguro soundtrack hacked out and one track on loop which ruins the game and some games just don't work, D2 is a complete pain to get running (original hacker doesn't know how he did it and it's spread across 8 CDs) and Napple Tale crashes on stage 3.

Yeah the bundle actually came with a stack of burnt discs, sadly no DC at the moment to test them out see what the quality is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd collect Dreamcast games if their cases weren't made of the most brittle substance known to man.

Ive broken a few just opening them!

• Advertisement

Pal got the ****tiest cases without a doubt, guess it was to accommodate those huge multi-language booklets!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fragile cases takes us to the old debate of
    Megadrive/Genesis cases Vs Snes/Super famicom/ Super Nintendo cases
    The former made of stuff that can withstand small meteor strikes.
    The latter made of Papier-mache.

Yeah I prefer to collect the originals too...

...although I am tempted to pick up a USB GD-Rom emulator the next time I see one for sale.

You can run full GD images off of those.

Yeah the bundle actually came with a stack of burnt discs, sadly no DC at the moment to test them out see what the quality is like.

They're automatically ****e because most games have things down-sampled or completely taken out to trim down about 300Mb worth of non existent CD space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'd collect Dreamcast games if their cases weren't made of the most brittle substance known to man.

Same, I actually gave up having my PS1 and DC games in their boxes. I stored them away and the games are in a wallet instead. I can't cope with the broken boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Didn't they say that ropey disks forced the GD ROM lens to seek all over the shop wearing it down early and causing us to wind up replacing them.
    Or was this just an excuse for poor parts to begin with.

Feeling depressed.
    Had to pass on the Veccy.
    Now have to hope that I can pot adjust my own one into life again.
    Damn....

I hope that it goes to someone who deserves it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PAL cases are utter ****e which is why I try to get ntsc. It's near impossible to get decent pal boxes.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Didn't they say that ropey disks forced the GD ROM lens to seek all over the shop wearing it down early and causing us to wind up replacing them.
    Or was this just an excuse for poor parts to begin with.

It's true. Cd writables are harder to read so wear the laser down.

Master of the Universe

PAL cases are utter ****e which is why I try to get ntsc. It's near impossible to get decent pal boxes..

But how else am I meant to play 50hz at 16:9?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

But how else am I meant to play 50hz at 16:9 via RF?

Fixed :P

But how else am I meant to play 50hz at 16:9?

On a 60" flat panel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Well my trigger is legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Also big thanks to alter egotist for the free snes screw bit thingy

Feeling depressed.
    Had to pass on the Veccy.
    Now have to hope that I can pot adjust my own one into life again.
    Damn....

I hope that it goes to someone who deserves it.

I'm happy to see a local got the Veccy after all.
    I might ask Bandit to do the pot adjustment for me, if he comes to the beers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'm happy to see a local got the Veccy after all.
    I might ask Bandit to do the pot adjustment for me, if he comes to the beers.

Should't be a problem :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I forgot to post up here about this but should tickle the retro fancy of ye lot

After i reached 3000 followers for Lazer Steak I wanted to run a giveaway so I got a MD custom painted

7eVJGkX.jpg

Going to give it away tonight

I forgot to post up here about this but should tickle the retro fancy of ye lot

After i reached 3000 followers for Lazer Steak I wanted to run a giveaway so I got a MD custom painted

7eVJGkX.jpg

Going to give it away tonight

Pls pm me if you can with the details on the custom job, would love to add a custom console to the collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

Pls pm me if you can with the details on the custom job, would love to add a custom console to the collection.

Me too. Have an idea for a lonnnnng time.

It was done by a guy in America, Doyles customs

Here's a link https://www.etsy.com/shop/doylescustoms

He's very good but not cheap

Nice one TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

I've a guy in Englad. I'll try find the link and compare prices but I think you'd get graphics and or what ever you want with a controller for about 90 sterling included return postage

Al

I got a pretty good deal because it was a promotional item and Doyle is a really nice guy

The quality is amazing and the pictures don't do it justice.

I'd like to get some stuff done myself. Been wanting to make a matt black mega drive for ages, I think that would look pretty slick

Some more items from my big get.

po7ENY0m.jpg

mcHUDtUm.jpg

xk8H6Ogm.jpg

bWqeYKSm.jpg

ld3L6v3m.jpg
    Got the poster on adverts 2days after getting the game, was great to see.
    RpFccLXm.jpg?1

Few more items to show in the next few days.

Master of the Universe

I love that poster, have it framed in my living room :D

I didn't know that was a giant bat at the bottom of the cover art until I got the poster as the Castlevania logo obscures it on the game.

IMG_20170505_232407283_zpsie5cfn4h.jpg

• Advertisement

Damn thats nice and minty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement