Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

indeed.
    it was at a friend of his, never got to work on it and needed the space now and he wanted to make sure it would go so someone who'd get it back running and not flip it for parts on ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I got a 16k Ram pack for my zx81 today so now I can feel the full burn of what my little black and white wonder is capable of. That, and random crashes every time the rampack moves even a millimetre.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

BGOllie wrote: »
    picked this fella up this weekend from a fellow board member. Free to take away. Thanks very much sir.
    It's a Maximum force cab with an Area 51 / Maximum force combo kit on cf card.
    He got this from mitch a few years back and never got around to fixing it (switching power supply is fried) .
    thanks also to el presidente: El Sidrahombre for the tip :D

18425564_10155316531718276_1973824802935672594_n.jpg?oh=dbb4d0f022f4b9307876cb7037c6c2c3&oe=59A8ED2F

Wow, photo realistic graphics on the screen :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Grand Theft Auto Connemara

No, wait!!!

Virtua Garda!

Authentic voice samples
    "Can you tell me what the speed limit is on this road"
    "Damn I dropped me chips"
    "No need to breathalise this one, I know his Da"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

I'm a fan and collector of 3D movies so decided to wet my toe into 3D gaming and I'm planning to pick up the Sega 3D add-on for master system soon. I was having a look at the several 3D games on Ebay and they all seem to sell at fair prices one of the games Outrun 3D was going for high prices, over a hundred, but managed to buy a copy for 50 quid so that should be arriving next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got a big boxed Lethal Enforcers for the Sega CD

Picture here

Really want the pink gun now too!

I remember playing this on the megadrive and thinking to myself that graphics had hit their peak. Games were never gonna look any better than this bad boy :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got that piece of gorgeousness this morning Ollie!
    It's very nice of you,
    9f111e61338c4a9239572796b7fb1486.jpg

greenhouse_belso_k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

sugarman wrote: »
    Considering a region free mod, but I dont know if its worth the hassle when I can just buy NTSC games, more often than not cheaper than pal. I'll see.

Is there a newer method of region modding the N64? Last I looked, it was pretty messy, involving harvesting a chip from another N64 & using a big switch to switch between them...

I wouldn't bother with the region mod tbh, easily switch between jap and us and the games are less expensive although shipping might be more. Jap n64 stuff is pranuts too.

• Advertisement

Just buy a Jap/US N64 and collect away.
    The speed difference in WaveRace 64 is incredible, it's like a different game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected this lovely piece today :)

xRnsE_TR8f3l8Z6FnFNkdyqr24IpkfOlOYzz5zcDGPcWxu7q7wIQtinA993vj46iSnt4y34C0putw4EIBZvGxtAhQbz4Csl6GTNb8gTlaNW7Djlrj8MbulBWVT3Ne1Oj9f5xiCXdQn2EA7JakaaDLzCMnCa-lG0hddAlxkiv8zEKm4py3HpN2FIaD0yRlzRgXk88O846GA-JjtpELQX5KmSlMMD_f5YmkhEXMMKCBLtw22sU3eQXb4oJgxYUVuzs_ejTKsrpAvKXL_iCRR0UAtWNrYahkcdB8vgKhHyQy9j3JFVicGb-ONv9Nf2en9hPkrOmvLzS3Agw3uP4k6qirog8TZHJKtkXPN0hHgis9gcgJfrCY6WOEzE_pGZQPPT7_Aif4PRK57Pz6mfbVhcCbsMmveyQ3YvrTFxYvW0DaV3btCgxiX-4Bra_eKGvuJDbOwzwapukWiuOzF98Q2pzew2lL52q3dhYOy9iCHJO2ShDftTD7IYgEy1X7lMFifJaMZK5Uq0fOz5F_ExF8zT--pfd00h4URDHBsWV2ZuKpU-Zk9T55tIsLJr0JdbSBG-1SvYoP_2lzSkuT8aup2EIyAu6wKRV6cOUWiHLhxII9Q1uv2UTdrsW=w610-h813-no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ah you cant do that....wheres the pic

I've always wanted a non loading image too, you're lucky man!

I seen a beautiful painting earlier on... or was it my eyes playing tricks on me???!!

Can ye not see it ? Its linked from Google photos as Flickr no longer allows free uploads so maybe its a google permission thing.

Its one of Ollie's 'Another World' paintings :)

I can see it on my phone but not on my laptop ... weird

I can see it on my phone but not on my laptop ... weird

You are logged into Google on your phone but not the laptop would be my guess, everyone will just have to imagine it..

this should work ;)
    14925719_10154684957833276_5093631630144325814_n.jpg?oh=0da580c90631d38796c90137044c173f&oe=599D7BF0

That is a beauty.

FYI Ollie you wont fit that driving game in that shed of yours :)

• Advertisement

eddhorse wrote: »
    That is a beauty.

FYI Ollie you wont fit that driving game in that shed of yours :)

that yours ? 6ft height would fit for sure :)

BGOllie wrote: »
    that yours ? 6ft height would fit for sure :)

Nah not mine, just spotted you out hunting for cabs

i like the game actually. http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/atari-badlands-1989/12961538
    not sure it's worth 550 though :)
    I see in his withdrawn ads, he seems to have agreed to let it go for 100 , 9 months ago : http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/original-atari-badlands/10886975

Not sure what's going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭Tchoin

Walking around town decided to pop in at The Rage, found this nice copy of Pikmin NTSCJ CIB (okay-ish condition) for €15.

34140276203_19b184257d_c.jpg

Not directly retro, picked up an Ikea Lappland display unit, and a Lakk shelf to compliment it also. While not a retro get, it does however allow me to display some retro goodness at last!!!

IMG_20170528_155113.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Same unit that I use! :)

Love it...

Still though... an NES on an LCD?

For shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

i know he may look like the kid from earthbound there ....but thats max verstappen:pac:

MrVestek wrote: »
    Same unit that I use! :)

Love it...

Still though... an NES on an LCD?

For shame.

It's for display purposes only, none of those consoles are hooked up. I've been totally sold on Retroarch with those amazing shaders it has (not the ones that come with the Pi, while they're good, the Pi apparently can't run the really good ones). Coupled with the fantastic Launchbox frontend, I find it a serious contender for the real thing...and I don't say that lightly (having dropped god knows how much money on collecting over the years).

Any pictures I take of the retroarch shaders in action look crap compared to what's being shown on the tv, so I won't do it an injustice by posting one up. All I'll say is, I'm strongly considering keeping my absolute must-keep games etc, & selling off everything else - I find it that good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Got a Retro Receiver today, for using the 8bitdo controllers with the SNES. Works fantastically! Played a little bit of Demon's Crest with it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My Mrs has been getting into playing Shenmue lately.

Finally cobbled some cables together last night and got the Dreamcast hooked up via VGA to the TV and hooked the audio up to the sound system.

Had it blasting out of 5.1 stereo.

It was an amazing experience... almost like playing the game brand new all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement