Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn, I'm getting an itch to buy a PSVR setup...

And, you'll just know that E3 is going to bring it's fair share of must haves as well....

I'd be more surprised if Sony don't drop VR like a mouldy turd. I'd say if it gets lip service at E3 from Sony it will be doing well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'd be more surprised if Sony don't drop VR like a mouldy turd. I'd say if it gets lip service at E3 from Sony it will be doing well.

Really?
    Great
    It means I'll get it cheap later in the year!

But... if the PS4 version of Elite:Dangerous supports it, that's reason enough for me to buy it right there, as my PC doesn't have the horses for a more formal VR setup.

VR setup...
    It's like living in Johnny Mnemonic!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

But... if the PS4 version of Elite:Dangerous supports it, that's reason enough for me to buy it right there, as my PC doesn't have the horses for a more formal VR setup.

Akaik they've said VR won't be supported on the PS4 (at least not yet anyway). That's kinda what pushed me toward the Rift instead...PSVR looks great, and it's great to have a relatively affordable entry point for VR, I'm just not convinced the PS4 is up to the task however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Been a good few months since I posted something, likewise since I bought anything worth sticking up here.
    Nothing rare or widely sought after lately but I've gained a great fondness for importing games and consoles. So I got a few bits and bobs last month - arrived this week.
    mzdQ9zwh.jpg
    This marks the 4th SEGA Mega Drive console that I own. I bought a near-immaculate Japanese Mega Drive 2 (complete in its box and everything) last year but the one issue I had with it was the audio quality. A lot of buzzing whenever there was white on the screen and I just didn't have the same experience as I did with my MD1. So I got a Japanese MD1. I also took out the cartridge-lock "mechanism" so I could keep playing my PAL/Western cartridges. I laughed when I learned about it prior.

Ltw0wf2l.jpg
    YNSGLWVl.jpg
    9YB5T7Ml.jpg
    xCqhUXpl.jpg

I also picked up these from a charity shop back in October and just never bothered to post them here.
    us3W1kbl.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice gets there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not posted in a while as I've been mostly filling out my collection of PS3/3DS titles before those consoles die.

I've been chasing Holy Grail items for the last while so have decided to fill out my collection with common but good games that I've been neglecting. Went into Rage and got some decent stuff for a fair price.

Got a Japanese version of Granada X. I know there's some fans of that game here.

Got Metal Max for the Gameboy, great European isometric platformer in the style of the Rare Spectrum games.

Also got Plok for the SNES, Miyamoto told the developers he loved it!

Also got a nice find with Real Ghostbusters 2 on the NES. The ghostbusters games on the NES are utter **** except this one. It's developed by HAL and a really great game. It is a Japan/Euro release it never made it to America. It's a great little game and I only realised it existed after the recent Ghostbusters themed retronauts. This one will be going to my friend in America but I like it so much I'll be picking up a copy for myself.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Also got a nice find with Real Ghostbusters 2 on the NES. The ghostbusters games on the NES are utter **** except this one. It's developed by HAL and a really great game. It is a Japan/Euro release it never made it to America. It's a great little game and I only realised it existed after the recent Ghostbusters themed retronauts. This one will be going to my friend in America but I like it so much I'll be picking up a copy for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My friend in Sega sent me a mix tape! With a biro lol. It's so dinky, I love it, beaming!

19237800_1941823456036291_2322319169399346635_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=44355a9f88af6b70e72c754f29aead88&oe=59D7265A

19113638_1941825436036093_4388406854839864087_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e46731ba57816f464765c5be02a6f1a8&oe=59D46266

That's class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ha, literally just watched Techmoan review it:

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Ha, literally just watched Techmoan review it:

How mad is that!? He just said "I'm sending you tat" just after my birthday lol.
    It's such a cute idea.

Apparently sega forever is gonna be segas next big thing. If they're promoting it now I'd say they have something interesting up their sleeve, although most people are suggesting it'll just be a digital bank of their old titles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I think its a mobile app store for old titles but who knows really

I do like how the tapes are limited to 512 copies!

I think its a mobile app store for old titles but who knows really

I do like how the tapes are limited to 512 copies!
    I'll see what he says I'm meeting up with him next week, we'll have a secret meeting in Token to discuss what I learned lol jkjk.
    Anyway to see what number I got? I'm comfy in bed I'm not getting up to check :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Any way for you to erm... get one of those freebies for the rest of us?

We should all arrange a meeting in Token anyway I have yet to go to the place and it looks amazing.

I found the number it's inside the case its 215 / 512
    MrVestek wrote: »
    Any way for you to erm... get one of those freebies for the rest of us?
    No! I'm keeping them all to make a throne like the famicom one! Wahahahaha!

All I can do is ask when I'm over there, worst they'll say is no but they don't want to be pestered for them.
    So if anyone's interested let me know and if you have any public social media since it's a promo thing (just a "yeah I have public FB" ect, don't need to link it yet and of course I know yours Vestek).

Whoever's nicest to me get's first preference jkjk
    200_s.gif

I found the number it's inside the case its 215 / 512

No! I'm keeping them all to make a throne like the famicom one! Wahahahaha!

All I can do is ask when I'm over there, worst they'll say is no but they don't want to be pestered for them.
    So if anyone's interested let me know and if you have any public social media since it's a promo thing (just a "yeah I have public FB" ect, don't need to link it yet and of course I know yours Vestek).

Whoever's nicest to me get's first preference jkjk
    200_s.gif

I'd love one, have a bit of a following on Instagram aswell so I could qualify :D

I'd love one, have a bit of a following on Instagram aswell so I could qualify :D
    I'm assuming that'll be what they want, so it's something I can coax them with it YKWIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dual cassette deck, record button, blue pen and you're sorted :D

I'm assuming that'll be what they want, so it's something I can coax them with it YKWIM?

Well seems to be the way. I've tried advertising on Facebook and Instagram and found both of them expensive and useless. Promotion by pages then works really well, if you get the right pages and places to feature you. I think SEGA are getting a nice buzz going

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    It came with a blue pen but I don't have a dual :( my cousin used to

o1s1n wrote: »

Hi Speed Dub FTW!

C-60.... Yes
    C-120.... No, no way never....

I meant to post this here too
    Not my photo of course, no embarrassed faceplate either unfortunately. It's a pretty nice figure. It's not retro itself but the first game was in 01 on GBA in Japan only AFAIK.
    I forgot I pre-ordered it as like a birthday present and forgot lol.

spd_20161026120027_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some recent pickups :)

Sord M5. Another Japanese home computer (Z80 based), later CLG branded ones were made in Ireland or so I've heard.

PRODPIC-2427.jpg

Retro-USB AVS. Awesome bit of kit this, surprised how well it renders with HDMI and the adjustable scanlines look great. Its definitely a step up from my RetroPie setup and the console itself looks great !!

B01817B5-F2E5-E47C-FB09137106CACA6F1.png

Not my pics btw since flickr won't let me upload any new ones :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Some recent pickups :)

Sord M5. Another Japanese home computer (Z80 based), later CLG branded ones were made in Ireland or so I've heard.

PRODPIC-2427.jpg

Retro-USB AVS. Awesome bit of kit this, surprised how well it renders with HDMI and the adjustable scanlines look great. Its definitely a step up from my RetroPie setup and the console itself looks great !!

B01817B5-F2E5-E47C-FB09137106CACA6F1.png

Not my pics btw since flickr won't let me upload any new ones :(

As soon as you can I'd love to see some more pics of your Sord M5 4years on and I still have sellers regret after passing my on.

I won a giveaway on my birthday that was hosted by Alter Egotist on their YouTube channel. There was loads of goodies included, I'm still absolutely stunned by how kind they were.
    Just got it yesterday since I was away in London seeing Nobuo Uematsu.

19388603_1945940478957922_3565844702967837309_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5c5b37b0bb22f5b2913d90f04eff1cff&oe=59E47B8C

Nice get on Urban Chaos, I really liked that game, it had that brutal, visceral feel that their later Arkham games also had.

Myself, I'm embarrassed to say that I had a pair of reproductions arrive.
    One is the Mother/Mother 2 translated on the GBA and the other is Mother 3.
    Mother 2 is a poor translation apparently and pointless given the existence of Earthbound, but the first one and the final titles are both translated by Tomato who, allegedly, did an amazing job.
    Plus, they were cheap as chips.

Nice get on Urban Chaos, I really liked that game, it had that brutal, visceral feel that their later Arkham games also had.

Myself, I'm embarrassed to say that I had a pair of reproductions arrive...
    Plus, they were cheap as chips.
    Oh cool, I can't remember if I played it. I know I could look it up but it's nice to just ask and make convo, what's the one you're the police woman on PS1 and you can arrest people? Had that a similar name?

If they're cheap sure why not? May as well go for it.

Yeah, that was carried Urban Chaos too.
    Not quite as good.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was carried Urban Chaos too.
    Not quite as good.

It's a great game on PC, made by ex Bullfrog developers.

The PS1 port is pretty ropey.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement