Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah, that was carried Urban Chaos too.
    Not quite as good.
    That's so strange. I'll have to dig out my Xbox, I think I only got it for JSRF and still didn't pick it up. Disgraceful.
    Oh and Steel Battalion, you linked me to the game afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

For some odd reason I thought you were all talking about Fighting Force on the PS1 and had lost your minds.

o1s1n wrote: »
    For some odd reason I thought you were all talking about Fighting Force on the PS1 and had lost your minds.
    I was thinking of FF too but that's because they're both games I played with my cousin. Maybe they were out the same time?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So I said I was going to stop hunting holy grails for a while a pick up common games I don't own.

Big batch of NES games:

SVYnaGUh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

New gets today.

PS2 modded w/ Matrix-Infinity 1.99
    NTSC-U copies of Dynasty Warriors 2 & 4
    2x 64MB memory cards.

gfPmGSOh.jpg
    0jaZTqyh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Going for all Pal players choice gamecube games, here is what I got recently
    lXE4Sy1m.jpg
    LFlEtnrm.jpg
    Ec5GEMDm.jpg

Also have LOTR Return of the King, Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Fifa 2003.

Slowly but surely will get all of em if I can ever find a comprehensive list that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Two new arrivals this morning.
    liORqTg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Amp for Ed
    3802856A-0072-44BE-B485-3438CCB67F9D_zpsrfdnayzc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »
    Amp for Ed
    3802856A-0072-44BE-B485-3438CCB67F9D_zpsrfdnayzc.jpg

Nice get. Have the same one in my arcade cab for Mame pc.

I was looking for a walkman to listen to my Sonic Forever tape on. Luckily a friend had to be laying out and posted it to me :) .
    Haven't tried it yet, came with a Greenday tape lol
    19577411_1952984831586820_6141639884003001478_o.jpg?oh=7ac9b2b30494b948bc5c6fc1b6ff2a1a&oe=59CF4654

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You might give the pinch rollers and other parts a clean. And then test it with a random cassette, just to make sure the player doesn't eat it, older players can get peculiar and eat cassettes.
    And this cassette is pretty rare, r@re!!! even!

You might give the pinch rollers and other parts a clean. And then test it with a random cassette, just to make sure the player doesn't eat it, older players can get peculiar and eat cassettes.
    Pinch rollers are what hold the tape in? Best thing to use for cleaning? Yeah I have the Greenday inside it to test first, had tapes ate by my TalkGirl lol, definitely too wary to just throw in my Sega one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The Rage will give you at least a tenner for it though...

What's the best thing to use for cleaning it? I may he able to pick it up in town later. There isn't much inside it and it looks fairly okay, much better than the outside lol.
    I'll still give it clean though

Master of the Universe

You can get cassette head cleaning kits, however I'd say they'd be pretty hard to find in town these days. There was a time when every pound shop had them :D

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METROSOUND-CASSETTE-TAPE-CLEANER-LIQUID-CLEANING-KIT-/172752791178?hash=item2838de668a:g:r9MAAOSws5pZIzh8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would use a small bottle of methylated spirits and a pack of some sort of absorbent material that won't shed fibres, Atavan is no longer in the country so methylated spirit supplies are back to normal levels, he's off drinking Canada Dry!

o1s1n wrote: »
    You can get cassette head cleaning kits, however I'd say they'd be pretty hard to find in town these days. There was a time when every pound shop had them :D
    www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METROSOUND-CASSETTE-TAPE-CLEANER-LIQUID-CLEANING-KIT-/172752791178?hash=item2838de668a:g:r9MAAOSws5pZIzh8
    I would use a small bottle of methylated spirits and a pack of some sort of absorbent material that won't shed fibres, Atavan is no longer in the country so methylated spirit supplies are back to normal levels, he's off drinking Canada Dry!
    I have methylated spirits, I often used it for cleaning off paint especially spray paint after props.
    Or would the cassette head be a million times better? I never actually did that kinda stuff as a kid and the only tape cleaner like 01s has that I saw was for video tapes.

Master of the Universe

isopropyl alcohol (Aka rubbing alcohol) would probably be the best way to go? Same stuff you use for cleaning game carts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I use to use Vodka back in the day
    i-tried-to-login-on-my-ipad-turns-out-it-was-an-etch-a-sketch-and-i-dont-own-an-ipad-also-im-out-of-vodka-0b2b2.png

Should have rubbing alcohol somewhere, easier to find here than Vodka lol.
    This in the inside just incase it's any good
    http://i65.tinypic.com/1zfq7hg.jpg

• Advertisement

Should have rubbing alcohol somewhere, easier to find here than Vodka lol.
    This in the inside just incase it's any good
    http://i65.tinypic.com/1zfq7hg.jpg
    I would clean both the head and the pinch roller/capstan
    FFNKY3SICRXUCCI.LARGE.jpg

I would clean both the head and the pinch roller/capstan
    Will the alcohol be enough or should I get the head cleaning tape?

Thanks so much for the help to far everyone <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Are tape cassettes going to come back into popularity like records because I'd love and hate that in equal measures.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Are tape cassettes going to come back into popularity like records because I'd love and hate that in equal measures.
    I'm not sure, I don't think so this is only tape I'm seeing around. It won't take over from Vinyl, they don't look as pretty

I'm not sure, I don't think so this is only tape I'm seeing around. It won't take over from Vinyl, they don't look as pretty

That's a pity because I've gone and put a tack deck in the car. :p

I'll make you a mix tape if you make me one!
    (I'd love to do one, mix CDs are the closest I get)

I'll make you a mix tape if you make me one!
    (I'd love to do one, mix CDs are the closest I get)

I only listen to the offspring though

Okay
    Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya

Will the alcohol be enough or should I get the head cleaning tape?

Thanks so much for the help to far everyone <3

Cleaning tape is just a lazy way of manually cleaning with cue tip/Cotten bud and alcohol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'll make you one, Fuzzy.

*Downloads 'Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up' x 10*

• Advertisement

Cleaning tape is just a lazy way of manually cleaning with cue tip/Cotten bud and alcohol
    Cool! I wasn't sure if it could reach further than a bud would
    Kylo Ren wrote: »
    I'll make you one, Fuzzy.

*Downloads 'Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up' x 10*
    Put on some other meme junk on it like Gourmet Race, it'll be great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement