Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can't remember when I bought a Gamecube game last.
    19693601_1954532314765405_9093086949031491242_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b76a38069a8ca180c3a8e8e060995538&oe=59D575A0

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't remember when I bought a Gamecube game last.
    19693601_1954532314765405_9093086949031491242_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b76a38069a8ca180c3a8e8e060995538&oe=59D575A0

Well, from now on we can it's today!

(In 2035)
    Ciderman: Gods, do you remember that time, on the 6th of July, 2017, when you bought that GameCube game...
    Touch Fuzzy: Which one was it again?
    Ciderman: The one with the yellow fella with the tiny willy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, from now on we can it's today!

(In 2035)
    Ciderman: Gods, do you remember that time, on the 6th of July, 2017, when you bought that GameCube game...
    Touch Fuzzy: Which one was it again?
    Ciderman: The one with the yellow fella with the tiny willy...
    It's so small I can't even see it lmao.
    I mean before this of course. I think it was Sonic Adventure DX, I was babysitting and the kid I was minding was mad to see me play it so I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Went to the thrift store yesterday only to find nothing but some very crusty ps2's and an n64 controller with a wonky joystick :( . Not gaming related but I did find an older apple airport express to boost the wifi signal for a mere $3.99.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to some n00b I now own a MegaCD in need of tlc, so it's off to my brother's soldering station to get it's caps done, or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thanks to some n00b I now own a MegaCD in need of tlc, so it's off to my brother's soldering station to get it's caps done, or something

Is it the first model? I love the look of those

Is it the first model? I love the look of those

So it seems.
    The cap kit depends on the drive used too, so we shall see if it can be returned to the realm of the operational though pretty pointless Megadrive add-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

My son picked up this lot at the weekend... he is keeping it all for his collection. There is a bit of tat in there but if you had to put a realistic value on it would you say its worth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Access wrote: »
    My son picked up this lot at the weekend... he is keeping it all for his collection. There is a bit of tat in there but if you had to put a realistic value on it would you say its worth?

€120'ish?

Yeah was thinking about 100. He is delighted a a neighbour was cleaning out his attic and gave him the lot. Think he is addicted to gta vice now.

He has made me feel old now... he can't get over how crude the graphics are, yet he is emersed in the game! :o

Jesus he will have a heart attack when i show him how long it took to load a tape on my old c64 one day!

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking about 100. He is delighted a a neighbour was cleaning out his attic and gave him the lot. Think he is addicted to gta vice now.

He has made me feel old now... he can't get over how crude the graphics are, yet he is emersed in the game! :o

Jesus he will have a heart attack when i show him how long it took to load a tape on my old c64 one day!

GTA VC is all about the atmosphere, and the in car action and music is superb, but maybe you needed to see Miami Vice to "get it".
    The voice acting is iconic as well, I picked it up, again, for my PS4 via an online sale and while it's crude looking in places, it's still as much fun as it was the first time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

With all the nes/snes classic stuff going on at the moment I thought I'd try and do a DIY one. Theres a pi 3 in there running emulation station
    and ive some nes usb pads knocking around as well...
    422045.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Good work Dr Bob

I finally bit the big one and, instead of "wasting" money on games I bought two of those Bandridge Automatic Scart thingys.
    Hopefully this will put my Scart connector woes behind me.
    Amazon Prime day today, apparently, and there doesn't appear to be much for us retro obsessed folk on offer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I finally bit the big one and, instead of "wasting" money on games I bought two of those Bandridge Automatic Scart thingys.
    Amazon Prime day today, apparently, and there doesn't appear to be much for us retro obsessed folk on offer :(

Should really pick up some of them myself, can't keep giving the Trini a reach-a-round whenever I fancy a different console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

These ones?
    51-rmHiUoSL.jpg
    They've been in my watch list for so long now but can't bring myself to spend the cash on them, post up if they are decent.

Should really pick up some of them myself, can't keep giving the Trini a reach-a-round whenever I fancy a different console.

And there's an image for the wallet...

Dr Bob wrote: »
    With all the nes/snes classic stuff going on at the moment I thought I'd try and do a DIY one. Theres a pi 3 in there running emulation station
    422045.jpg

Class, any link for the case?

These ones?
    51-rmHiUoSL.jpg
    They've been in my watch list for so long now but can't bring myself to spend the cash on them, post up if they are decent.

link

£9.50 each, with £12.50 shipping to UK, but I ordered 2 and the shipping was the same.
    And then there's the Parcel Motel surcharge, but it's still a good deal if everything upstairs finally connects like it should.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They have an eagle on the box so you know they're quality. :D

I've had a few over the years and they're great.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

I wonder where the packaging designer was going with that.
    Perhaps there's a theme of birds across their range...

A European Swallow (unleaden) on the HDMI adapter.

An owl on their image intensifier

Some sort of malformed turkey on their RF splitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »

That was quite an eagle-eyed observation.
    Dr Bob wrote: »
    422045.jpg

What does the text above Entertainment System say?

Got the pandoras box 4x in the post today.
    I have to say for the money its ok.
    My cabs dont get too much play by me and me neo geo mobo died so got this as a cheap fix.

the best thing about it is that you can switch off all the games you dont want.And believe me there is a lot of games you dont want !!!!
    I left just a handful of neo geo games,shinobi,willow and a few beat'em ups.

need to make my CP into a 6 button layout but also need to scrap that machine and get/build something decent looking.

Also some clever lads on J+ are hacking it atm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Got the pandoras box 4x in the post today.
    I have to say for the money its ok.
    My cabs dont get too much play by me and me neo geo mobo died so got this as a cheap fix.

the best thing about it is that you can switch off all the games you dont want.And believe me there is a lot of games you dont want !!!!
    I left just a handful of neo geo games,shinobi,willow and a few beat'em ups.

need to make my CP into a 6 button layout but also need to scrap that machine and get/build something decent looking.

Also some clever lads on J+ are hacking it atm .

I was thinking of getting this or the pi2jamma board from arcadeforge. Just to save the trouble of switching pcbs or the expense of pc + arcadevga + jpac.

Would you recommend it over pi2jamma?

I don't know much about the pi jamma.
    But it's plug and play and very cheap!
    Loads and loads of muck on it.
    I wouldn't bother my arse playing the vert games on a hori cabinet.
    Fe vids on YouTube that show all the features.
    If you are getting one make sure you get the hackable one.

I was thinking of getting this or the pi2jamma board from arcadeforge. Just to save the trouble of switching pcbs or the expense of pc + arcadevga + jpac.

Would you recommend it over pi2jamma?

If I'm honest the pi2jamma isn't great(well on a 15khz monitor anyway, it might be better on a trisync), way too much in the setup, I think I'll sell mine and pickup a few cheap multiboards instead. Mine's the aussie one running arpicade(attractmode)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was going to get one of those for my MK 2 cab and just have the first 3 mk games on it.

Better off with a mulitboard?

I was going to get one of those for my MK 2 cab and just have the first 3 mk games on it.

Better off with a mulitboard?

Don't get me wrong for a handful of games the setup is nice and easy and the Frontend is nice but with a large romset the setup is painfull with rom lists/and partial rom sets it take a while, when updates come out its a massive ordeal to upgrade, I haven't actually found time to get my setup complete since the last update. I just don't have time to prick around with it that much, if you think hyperspins an arse to setup you should buy my piJAMMA and have a go :D
    The default FE (attract mode) doesn't look great at 15Khz, but this is only down to the pre-configured themes and can easily be changed if you know what you are doing.

EDIT:
    I just came across this when looking up the spec, looks liek MK1,2,3 might not run too good on it.
    Setup is like this:
    FB Alpha for All Neo Geo, CPS, CPSII, CPSIII, TMNT, TMNT2, The Simpsons, Sunset Riders, Asterix, Aliens and Alien Storm.

Daphne for Dragon's Lair 1,2 and Space Ace.

Mame 0.78 for Splatterhouse, Robocop, Mystic Warriors, Metamorphic Force, Violent Storm and Battletoads

Mame 172 for Sega System 16 games (Golden Axe, Eswat, Shinobi, Altered Beast) also Space Harrier and Double Dragon.

Mame 106 for Moonwalker, Shadow Dancer, In The Hunt, Rastan, Blood Brothers, Bucky O'Hare, Xmen

Everything seems to work perfectly. No obvious problems. I did a lot of testing to find the best setup.

I wanted Darius G, Mortal Kombat 1,2 and 3 and Golden Axe Death Adder but none of the emulators run them well enough, too slow or buggy.
    ref:
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/67986-JAMMA-board-from-Raspberry-PI?p=1075113#post1075113

• Advertisement

Are you going to do the MK button layout or a stand 6 button fighter layout?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement