Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

hmmm, there seems to be a few pi/jamma options.

The one from Aussie Arcade, the French rpi2Jamma and the arcadeforge pi2jamma.

I bought the arcadeforge one last night after seeing this review where he rates it above the pandoras box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG-UqHmfZak but having some slight buyer's remorse now after reading the posts above... Fingers crossed it turns out ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

but having some slight buyer's remorse now after reading the posts above... Fingers crossed it turns out ok.

You'll like it, they are decent. There is just a lot to configuring them if you want the emulation perfect, arpicade(aussie one) seems to have the best frontend/emu support out of the box but the configuration is a killer, if you are happy using a single emulator like mame4all you'd be setup in a couple minutes. I'm just one of those people who need to tinker with it until its perfect and then when its perfect if something new comes out I have to have it immediately and the cycle continues

I'd have no doubt its better than pandoras box if you are willing to put the effort in.
    At this stage of the game I just want to something plug and play and keeps the guests happy as I dont really play much video games.
    saying that thought i am going to try 1cc shinobi again !

I have the arcadeforge and can say iam very impressed with it, but in saying that it was all setup when I bought it so didn't have to set anything up really but if you want a copy of my image iam sure I could put it on a memory card for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Are you going to do the MK button layout or a stand 6 button fighter layout?

MK layout, got new cp overlays from the printers today.

Want to build a standard 6 button 2 player fighter next. Has to be made from birch ply though

• Advertisement

Don't get me wrong for a handful of games the setup is nice and easy and the Frontend is nice but with a large romset the setup is painfull with rom lists/and partial rom sets it take a while, when updates come out its a massive ordeal to upgrade, I haven't actually found time to get my setup complete since the last update. I just don't have time to prick around with it that much, if you think hyperspins an arse to setup you should buy my piJAMMA and have a go :D
    The default FE (attract mode) doesn't look great at 15Khz, but this is only down to the pre-configured themes and can easily be changed if you know what you are doing.

EDIT:
    I just came across this when looking up the spec, looks liek MK1,2,3 might not run too good on it.

ref:
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/67986-JAMMA-board-from-Raspberry-PI?p=1075113#post1075113

Hmm not looking good. I'll get the cab all fixed up first then decide on the innards. Might even go the PlayStation route and put mortal kombat trilogy in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Surely there is a dedicated mould for a RPI for cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I'e got the Pi2jamma from Arcade Forge also. Their own image is muck.
    Way to much manual changes in Linux command line for my liking. And i do have a lot of experience with Linux.
    I have Retropie working on mine now.
    Make sure you join the Facebook group as there has been some clever scripts to get Retropie working.

Waiting for Cathal to do another great board....

@Brownfinger, yeah Pandora is a good board, have it in the office, easiest option for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

What's the facebook group lads ?

What's the facebook group lads ?
    "Pi2jamma"

Dont have a link on my phone, you need to request entry just like date night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

eddhorse wrote: »
    "Pi2jamma"

I have a vertipie image ready for when the pi2jamma arrives (it's going into a vertical cab).
    Do I take it from what you are saying about scripts and linux commands that this image will not work out of the box?

eddhorse wrote: »
    "Pi2jamma"

I have a vertipie image ready for when the pi2jamma arrives (it's going into a vertical cab).
    Do I take it from what you are saying about scripts and linux commands that this image will not work out of the box?

Dont know whats on that image, so might work, its all fixable so open mind ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Access wrote: »
    Class, any link for the case?

Just saw this now..bit pricier than Id have liked but here
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Old-Skool-Tools-included/dp/B01M4OOY4U
    "Old Skool Entertainment System" . Its good quality though plastics wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Just saw this now..bit pricier than Id have liked but here
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-Old-Skool-Tools-included/dp/B01M4OOY4U
    "Old Skool Entertainment System" . Its good quality though plastics wise.

I have one of those from somebody on this forum but not from this crowd.

You can get these 3D printed... this is just a blatant cash grab.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Just got this for a tenner. No cables apart from the controller but it looks mint.

Think they take a 5v power adapter if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

L1m1tless wrote: »
    Just got this for a tenner. No cables apart from the controller but it looks mint.

Think they take a 5v power adapter if I remember correctly

I have one of those. :)

Do you have the cart that came with it?

If I remember correctly, I think you need the Burnin' Rubber Cart to run anything as BASIC is on the cart. (I might be wrong, its been a long time since I've hooked it up)

Yep have the Burning rubber cart with it, you are correct the cart is needed to run anything.
    Had one of these when I was a kid, glad to get it back.

I recall typing out pages and pages of code from the manual to get some games to run. Never worked!

Just need to find the cables for it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You just need a SCART cable for it. Get a decent 5V supply and make sure to use the correct power input, they are two and pretty easy to destroy these with a bad power supply like the original one.

You can get a flashcart for them and a load of CPC games have been converted to cart format, check out cpcwiki.

Thanks, some good advice

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up my two new Bandridge auto scart selectors today, via Parcel Motel...
    Turns out they ain't so auto after all, but the manual version.
    I'm still happy to have them, but disappointed that they aren't as advertised on Amazon.
    Must drop the seller a line, see if there's something they can do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got one myself today, not plugged it in yet though to try it out.

As for the automatic bit, no consoles use the SCART AV select signal (Pin 8) which these switchers depend on so basically they don't 'see' anything to switch. Stuff like DVD's, VCR's, Sky boxes, well designed Superguns etc all set the AV select so would be worth testing with something like that as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

MrVestek wrote: »
    I have one of those from somebody on this forum but not from this crowd.

You can get these 3D printed... this is just a blatant cash grab.

Cash grabs a bit far . And it is pretty well built and came with 2 nice heatsinks.. but I'd have rather paid a bit less
    Getting one 3d printed would still work out pricey enough if one didnt have a 3d printer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Righty-o, that Bandridge adapter is brilliant!
    The geometry of the display is fairly off though, not sure how to correct it.
    Should have bought them years ago!

Got this lot today thanks to the artist formerly known as Enternow

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWtC8kMBu_7/

Finally have my Tower of Power

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWtD9lTBNBU/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Blast processing doesn't get any finer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

My first time posting here in a while. Yahoo Japan haul.

FxGpbGm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got 'Winter Gold' for the SNES
    - seemly a SuperFX2 chip game.
    My plan is to make a Starfox2 repro/cart hopefully when the ROM is dumped from the SNES Mini :)

It isn't a bad game from the short play I had, the intro is prob one of the best I've seen. More like a 'scene' demo than a game intro.

422831.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    It isn't a bad game from the short play I had, the intro is prob one of the best I've seen. More like a 'scene' demo than a game intro.

Yup, Jeroen Tel was the composer for that one.

I reckon the person responsible for the visuals also worked on the Amiga by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Doge wrote: »
    Yup, Jeroen Tel was the composer for that one.

I reckon the person responsible for the visuals also worked on the Amiga by the looks of things.

More info from MobyGames;
    it looks a lot like an award-winning Amiga demos called 9 Fingers and State of the Art that also used these type of "polygonal" filters over what looks like a rotoscoped video. And unsurprisingly so - one of the developers, Paul Endresen, is actually the author of those demos, and a member of Spaceballs demogroup that released them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Got 'Winter Gold' for the SNES
    - seemly a SuperFX2 chip game.
    My plan is to make a Starfox2 repro/cart hopefully when the ROM is dumped from the SNES Mini

I see that's a PAL cart, might there by any issues using its innards for what will be a 60Hz rom? I seem to remember PAL SuperFX games like Star Fox wouldn't run happily at 60Hz, you needed to buy an NTSC cart for it to run properly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement