Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah the super fx chip might be clocked differently depending on region which would cause those issues.

I think Winter Gold might be a PAL exclusive and the only other Superfx2 games I know of are Yoshi's Island and Doom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I believe if that was an issue, it would a case of tweaking the oscillator used but then I've seen people overclocking the SuperFX chip 2x speed and has little difference (other than a smoother game) to the likes of Starfox2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a few amazing msx homebrews recently. waiting on a v9990 accelerator card too :)

20232170_10155559694448276_6274210823253804975_o.jpg?oh=7335b18eaf2e9941e2d08138de700980&oe=59F86F6D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got a fantastic set of Sega figures, wanted them for ages, treat yo' self ect.
    20231976_1962242310661072_3847582413446341107_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=af354e7397207129ac068d251189cb9e&oe=5A0542C1

Picked up Lucifer's Call / Nocturne in CEX, was going in just for a gawk and didn't think I'd pick up anything. Really happy with it for a tenner
    20232362_1962687703949866_9148781698421745945_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=591af8ca29046d1ecd37435ef5d2d2eb&oe=59F25660

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just a few new bits.
    3uokwf4m.jpg

bP3hEoym.jpg

Got another belated birthday gift with loads of goodies, this time from Atavan, they're the Uniqlo tees <3

20258156_10213603688228025_308130946628303967_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=71726082fbcaa2db3369ba41bf1ca991&oe=5A387047

goods_09_199198?$pdp-medium$

199197_00_247N233F_A1_S.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My gets for July.

(I didn't mean to include Burnout 3 in there as I forgot I already threw up a photo of it on the previous page, I think)

rsD2Rnzh.jpg

I was lucky to find someone on Adverts selling a heap of PS2 games with only a handful of NTSC copies included.

One thing I'm slightly annoyed at, though.

I thought Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence came with 3 discs. The copy I have pictured above came with two. It turns out that Americans and Japanese had to get the Limited Edition in order to get the 3rd disc, whereas us lucky Europeans got all 3 in the normal box. I went and looked for the Limited Edition on eBay..........about €100 before postage. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That Pikmin top is beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Bit OTT I know but I just thought I'd mention that I've started doing online radio again.

Would love if you guys and gals could join me on MrVestek's outpost tomorrow from 8pm!

You can tune in here: www.kryptonradio.com

I'll be playing plenty of videogame music so I hope to see you guys about the place! :)

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That Pikmin top is beautiful!
    Isn't it? It'll look lovely with boho stuff, it's not as cartoony as other tees if that makes sense.
    It's only a ladies cut unfortunately but you could turn it into something like stretch it on a canvas or a drawstring bag.

More bits and bobs from the past month.
    hmSFJarm.jpg

9ThEGohm.jpg

Ep81kbum.jpg

Xsv4RIDm.jpg

3XvJhKVm.jpg

and all my famicom games, another 20 or so on the way :)
    Bq3GlUtm.jpg

eqouXCvm.jpg

dFwhXtWm.jpg

8xerUKXm.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice gets there!
    Especially Kirby, and Ghosts'n Goblins

Are Famicom games import-friendly? I mean is it easy to play regardless of language?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are Famicom games import-friendly? I mean is it easy to play regardless of language?

Depends on the game. If it's a RPG then you are boned. However with most games of the era being straight up action games there's usually no issue.

Bought a cheap as chips Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe via the Xbox Game Store, less than €3 for the pack.
    It plays a fine game of the two classics but what is unintentionally hilarious is the remastered versions that are included.
    They are ridiculous, the particle effects from explosions obscure the playfield and are accompanied by the most awful rumble effects, it's almost worth it just to see how bad these things can be.

Arrivals this morning.

Retro Gamer Issues #169 & #170
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 NTSC/U (The best one)

lewBNxUh.jpg

Loved Pro Skater 2, agree it was the zenith of the series.
    Picked it up myself last year, still as great as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Played a lot of thps3/thug2 online, safe to say I was the by far the best Irish player.
    Only game I can confidently say I'm good at.

• Advertisement

airmax87 wrote: »
    Played a lot of thps3/thug2 online, safe to say I was the by far the best Irish player.
    Only game I can confidently say I'm good at.

Send like a challenge had been made there folks, anyone else figure they have better Tony Hawks skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Send like a challenge had been made there folks, anyone else figure they have better Tony Hawks skills?

350~ million GPL LA [thug2]

600~ million DAO line airport [thps3]

on keyboard too, i cant actually play it on pad lol

Impressive, most impressive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Burzum wrote: »
    More bits and bobs from the past month.
    hmSFJarm.jpg

9ThEGohm.jpg
    Cant believe this website is still up:

http://www.sidetalking.com/

Thargor wrote: »
    Cant believe this website is still up:

http://www.sidetalking.com/

Totally worth visiting if only for this gif at the NGage QD getting rid of sidetalking
    sad.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Few things:
    1. Two 5.25" floppies with DOS 3.0 (€20)
    2. Psion Series 5 (Free)
    APxN1k4.jpg

3. CIB Sega Dreamcast (Free)
    veJMcFT.jpg

That Psion is gorgeous!
    I remember the brand back in the day, being very covetous of the range, but never investing in one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Few bits and pieces to get my naomi setup up and running. Big thanks to mozie for supplying some of these and offering Sage advice on the others.

First up zero key and Capcom kick harness.

IMAG0398.jpg

Plug and connectors for other end of kick harness to kick up buttons 4 to 6 on jamma edge side

IMAG0414.jpg

Quiet fan to replace the noisebag one in the naomi

IMAG0404.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I'll have to load up my copies at some point so I can compare. One of the few games I can say I could challange at. All my copies are GameCube. 4 was my jam ha ha. Never played a Pro Skater online outside of the hd remaster thingy on Xbox live... and maybe that project 8 yoke. It was project 8 wasn't it?... *googles

• Advertisement

New baby in my house

W9mfehxm.jpg

It's my very own Sharp Famicom Twin.
    The drive band replaced so it should have plenty of play left in it.
    Seller also threw in Rockman (Megaman) 3 and Super Mario Bros 2 ( USA/Lost Levels).
    Also included is a dual voltage PSU, so no stepdown is necessary.
    It all works too, which is handy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement