Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Noice, the model with the longer controller chords too. Not my old one is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Noice, the model with the longer controller chords too. Not my old one is it?

Don't know, got it from a user on Adverts Cheesebob, from Kilkenny.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Next is that control panel from Mozie, will have to sort that out next weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Quiet fan to replace the noisebag one in the naomi

Cool - on my Naomi boards, the GPU fan(s) are the ones which made the most noise. I updated the ArcadeOtaku Naomi fan replacement wiki page with Naomi2 info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Cool - on my Naomi boards, the GPU fan(s) are the ones which made the most noise. I updated the ArcadeOtaku Naomi fan replacement wiki page with Naomi2 info

I hooked up the replacement case fan incorrectly so it's not spinning. You're right. The gpu fan is noisy in its own right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bits and bobs I got between Friday and today.
    Car Boot Sale Gets
    Sensible World of Soccer - €1
    Army Men: Sarge's Heroes 2 - €2

Gamestop Item

Little Nightmares Six Edition - €35 (a bit pricey, but it was my birthday on Friday so I treated myself)

SjPHZDqh.jpg

NNNOrZjh.jpg

5xbfKs6l.jpg

YTnGAJ9h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Next is that control panel from Mozie, will have to sort that out next weekend

About bloody time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Gamestop Item
    Little Nightmares Six Edition - €35 (a bit pricey, but it was my birthday on Friday so I treated myself)
    Happy belated birthday :)
    So jelly of the Little Nightmares figure, only played a bit at Dino's, I loved hugging the gnomes, would love to go back to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Was dumping out an old Iron in the recycle centre and found an N64 with all leads and power supply, Also found three games in the skip-South park and a couple of WWF games, controller contain a 3rd party rumble pac..

Fully working and cleaned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

New baby in my house

W9mfehxm.jpg

It's my very own Sharp Famicom Twin.
    The drive band replaced so it should have plenty of play left in it.
    Seller also threw in Rockman (Megaman) 3 and Super Mario Bros 2 ( USA/Lost Levels).
    Also included is a dual voltage PSU, so no stepdown is necessary.
    It all works too, which is handy.

Lovely buy...you pig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Saw that Famicom alright, nice get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up one of these yoke-a-ma-jobbies cheap, not sure what to with it though. Another emulation device I guess...

ouya-manette.jpg

Picked up one of these yoke-a-ma-jobbies cheap, not sure what to with it though. Another emulation device I guess...

ouya-manette.jpg

Was looking at one of those, nice and cheap now and forgotten about :)

Probably an ideal, inexpensive box for Plex.

Just looked it up.
    Might nip off and buy one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

ouya-manette.jpg

One of the most underrated little boxes of joy ever made. I have huge love for the ouya (I currently own 3). If you need any tips or tricks to optimize it feel free to pm me.

Al

One of the most underrated little boxes of joy ever made. I have huge love for the ouya (I currently own 3). If you need any tips or tricks to optimize it feel free to pm me.

Al

Thanks will do, just had a little mess around with it. Seems fine for the various emulator I've tried, not keen on all the freeimum games though...

Is the store still active for buying stuff ? I didn't fancy entering my card details on it.
    Also need to find a simple decent media player, XBMC is too bloated for my needs on it.

The online site is still active, but the store there appears defunct.
    But, it seems that you can push XBMC and Plex from there, no need to side load, making it easier to access directly from the OUYA desktop.
    Hope to pick one up today, and see how it goes on the spare telly in the sunroom.
    The wifi connection is lousy out there though, none of my RPi boxes will connect reliably.
    So possibly have some work to do!

Powerline adapters FTW

eddhorse wrote: »
    Powerline adapters FTW

Might happen, have an idea to move the wireless router into the attic space, due to the thin nature of the floor between I have a notion that it should have better multi room coverage with the Wifi signal "shining" down rather than trying to penetrate the solid block walls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Are those adaptor any good?

I want to get WiFi in my garage but my router won't reach there. Even if I did get a better router still wouldn't get a great signal so one of those would be a better option

• Advertisement

Are those adaptor any good?

I want to get WiFi in my garage but my router won't reach there. Even if I did get a better router still wouldn't get a great signal so one of those would be a better option

They can be very good, a lot depends on your house wiring. Surge protectors and the like can cause problems so should be directly connected to the outlet if possible.

@cidie if your attic has insulated slabs the shiny metal lining is a great wifi signal blocker :(

So, called into CEX in Northside shopping centre, as the site said they had one.
    "Sorry" says the guy behind the counter, "we can't sell it"
    "Why?" I asked.
    "Because a boss of mine called in and took the charger, so we can't sell it"
    "What sort of charger?" I replied, thinking I could probably find one cheap somewhere.
    "Sorry, loads of people have asked and I just can't sell it".

Feck.

So, in the carpark, I bought one from the website instead, for an extra fiver.

You'll probably get the same one bundled with a generic charger :)

You'll probably get the same one bundled with a generic charger :)

Yeah, I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Seems the OUYA has a 12V 1.5A power supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Now you all you retro influencers (influencer is a thing apparently!) have gone on about the ouya, I want one now! What are the gaming options for it? With their store defunct, is there retro options or current android game options? I know the controller is supposed to be fairly average, but serviceable?

I know Google might offer some help but I'd prefer to rely on knowledge from people in know (in the online sense of things)

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

There is a list of apps & games that can be sideloaded without root access here

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?5302-List-Of-Side-Loaded-Games-amp-Applications-(Plus)-How-To-Side-Load

As for the controller, its not the worst I've ever used but then again I do own a Jogcon so the bar is pretty low. You can use a PS3 controller with it I think.

I wonder if the PS3 media remote will work, I've one of those lying around.
    What's the wait time on stuff from CEX anyway?
    I've never bought anything online from them before and I'm expecting the worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I've got a good few games and skylanders and infinity from cex and they're pretty quick every time I've used them. Less than a week in my experience.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd say its doubtful it works with the PS3 media remote.

You'd have to find out the bluetooth address of the remote first, im not sure if they show it in Devices in the PS3 menu.

Then use that six axis app to try and pair the remote manually with the bluetooth address.

Having tried all that theres no guarantee the buttons will match the buttons of android remotes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement