Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

not "got" yet, but bought from coinopwharehouse and waiting delivery . A pacman cabaret cab converted to Trojan... and will be converted back to pacman :)

20292608_10155624483692375_2349224726962561993_n.jpg?oh=9ebbca54107c98ddb1ac35a039702e7b&oe=5A2D03FC

How much id is the shipping ollie? Direct or with the jamma plus container?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

yep it's the jamma+ container :) still ... worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Few more famicom bits
    uhJOHEfm.jpg

VmI25R5m.jpg

ZSGE7oKm.jpg

tYKGjdSm.jpg

9B6Owpem.jpg

gqwYl7vm.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A great summer for grails and other bits I've been a wanting.
    This time it's the 2 player control panel for my Candy Cab!
    Courtesy of Mozie81!
    It was worth the 2hr 15min round trip to collect them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A great summer for grails and other bits I've been a wanting.
    This time it's the 2 player control panel for my Candy Cab!
    Courtesy of Mozie81!
    It was worth the 2hr 15min round trip to collect them!

Pics please!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Pics please!

I'll post them as soon as it's fitted.
    Or rather, I'll post them as soon as I work out how to fit it.
    The single player nature of the AWSD means that the K connector is there but I've to wire the ten extra wires into it, from the 6 extra buttons and the 4 directional inputs.
    Fun times!

Right, I ordered that cable set, worked out at €33.80, only €15 for the loom but a little more for shipping from France.
    Nevertheless, worth every penny if it makes wiring up my 2p cp easier.
    Fingers crossed too that it won't be too much of a drag editing in the second player into retroarch on the RPi3.
    Sure, it's all part the fun!

Right, I ordered that cable set, worked out at €33.80, only €15 for the loom but a little more for shipping from France.
    Nevertheless, worth every penny if it makes wiring up my 2p cp easier.
    Fingers crossed too that it won't be too much of a drag editing in the second player into retroarch on the RPi3.
    Sure, it's all part the fun!

Nope
    Got an email yesterday, not in stock, refund incoming....
    Bugger.
    I bought two more Bandridge adaptors instead, make myself feel better....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That place has quality stuff in fairness.

Maybe try Craig at http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php

eddhorse wrote: »
    That place has quality stuff in fairness.

Maybe try Craig at http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php

I'll send him an email, thanks

Nope
    Got an email yesterday, not in stock, refund incoming....
    Bugger.
    I bought two more Bandridge adaptors instead, make myself feel better....

Bummer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Or find a dude called 'FrancoB' on arcadeotaku.com - if he is still in the business of selling looms, I'm sure he could cook one up as he did for my Naomi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

he's not doing wiring looms anymore , got rid of most if not all his wiring kit :(

Might have to simply do it by hand, I have the wiring diagrams.... interesting times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My Dreamcast bag arrived, Insert Coin had them for a tenner (£).
    20645510_1970444993174137_5422412003349876536_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=27c711601a033d5d29126f6460b26e24&oe=59F90D01

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Charity shop pickups for €2 in total.

Nothing extraordinary here but it took about 4 purchases of PES 3 over the course of 2 years to finally get a copy that was CIB. (constantly kept finding platinum discs in original case covered in stickers, damaged disc in a damaged case, and working platinum disc in a case with no manual) And I got Tiger Woods 2004. Never owned a PGA game in almost a decade.

uGB0eD1h.jpg

AHmofrc.jpg

Oh yeah. I also found this inside the insert of my SF Collection case. I didnt even know it was there.

dXBzLZe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Alter Egotist

I haven't done one of these in ages but I got some pretty cool stuff over the past month.

Was gifted everything apart from the snowball which I traded for.

The led light was gifted to use in my arcade machine for the marquee. Not pictured but I was actually given 2 N64s from different people. All had full hookups. My friend had the gameboy advance and the interton video 2400 sitting in a black bag in his garage. I'd never even heard of the interton. Its basically a pong clone apparently. Again not pictured but I was given a stack of DS games. I had never heard of wappy dog but hes cute so made it into the picture. Mario was a gift from a friend.

Again not pictured but a friend of mine gave me a loan of an rgb N64 and a Sony PVM. He also gave me two bandridge scart switches. I love the look of the PVM so I'm going to see can I acquire a 14 or 15 inch one that i can stick in my built in wardrobe. I've shelves built in to house consoles already but the screen I was using is sadly no longer with us. If anyone knows anyone thats selling please feel free to hit me up.

Last and by no means least.... the same person, who had previously given me the Nintendo store display sign gave me a NES prototype cart of Isolated Warrior. I haven't been around to look at it properly but on first play it seems to be the NTSC version as you get the story and not just the text void screen the European version got as its loading screen. Its a long board and did seem to play slower than the original though so will give it more of a play through when i can to see are there any differences from the released version.

I'm absolutely humbled beyond belief. So so thankful.

PVMs are gods own displays, good luck on finding a bigger model, I hope one turns up for you, Adverts and Donedeal, as a saved search should alert when they pop up.
    I assume your friend gave you the relevant connector adaptors?
    I had to invest in a RGB breakout cable so I could wire from the RGB scarts of my various consoles into the R,G,B and Sync of the monitor.

• Advertisement

PVMs are gods own displays, good luck on finding a bigger model, I hope one turns up for you, Adverts and Donedeal, as a saved search should alert when they pop up.
    I assume your friend gave you the relevant connector adaptors?
    I had to invest in a RGB breakout cable so I could wire from the RGB scarts of my various consoles into the R,G,B and Sync of the monitor.

Yeah he gave me the breakout. Its a sexy little machine to be fair. It's the smaller one I need for the sliding wardrobe though. I'm currently admiring one on eBay that has O.K.ish postage from abroad presuming itll work correctly. I'll be doing a bit of a clear out (hopefully trades) to acquire items id like to get my hands on in the near future.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just bought myself a panosonic FZ-1 3DO, came with five games....

Adverts link...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/panasonic-3do-w-games-controllers/13514444

All working perfectly.

Adverts link...

http://www.adverts.ie/other-consoles-games/panasonic-3do-w-games-controllers/13514444

All working perfectly.

An absolutely fabulous system. It was one of the first systems to try and encourage unified gaming aswell and because of this didn't put copy right protection on its games or the system itself. Some PS1 and PS2 games (although not many) we're designed to run on both systems. I went the 3DO route instead of the PS1 route when I was younger because my neighbor had one already and I loved it. Still no regrets to this day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Might have to simply do it by hand, I have the wiring diagrams.... interesting times!

Another one which might/might not be in stock

You could make up the cable yourself, just ends up most likely more expensive than someone else making it for you as you won't buy the connectors in bulk.

Some parts links;
    AMP UP connectors for the sticks + buttons
    pin for connector (can't remember if you need mail or female, I'm guessing male?)
    Stick connector
    Yea'd also need the spade type connectors for the signal+ground to each button

I made loom like this (in reverse) to allow me to connect a 2P6B panel to a MiniPAC, takes awhile and never looks as pro as a FrancoB loom but works

I've got some stuff here that might do the trick.....
    Hmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Backed this kickstarter, already met its targets so hopefully it will turn up as scheduled.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1247448559/next-gen-n64-nintendo-64-controller?ref=user_menu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Adverts link...

All working perfectly.

Was looking at that myself. Wanted one for ages but left it as I'm trying to save funds for something else.
    Nice to see a user on here got it.
    Nice get!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

My first retro game purchase in a long time, been keeping my eye out for boxed versions of these. only a couple to go now..

tomy1.JPG

tomy2.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

[shark-attack-3D.JPG]

Had this one myself as a kid, I got some serious play out of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Token stuff arrived
    20841000_1973121746239795_5103884692454700811_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3e1a1a0ee3b50dbe618ca3e51fae7e8f&oe=5A251EA5

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement