Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Well after a **** load of research and asking a lot of questions (annoying) to people on here I've finally gotten my custom bartop arcade

Came with 8 thousand games from Arcademania in the UK and I'm beyond happy with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Well after a **** load of research and asking a lot of questions (annoying) to people on here I've finally gotten my custom bartop arcade

Came with 8 thousand games from Arcademania in the UK and I'm beyond happy with it

If you don't mind, how much did you pay for it?
    Thanks

Roughly around 500 with delivery etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That's a nice bartop, my only change would be a 4:3 screen rather than 16:9
    What Frontend is it running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

https://instagram.com/p/BYDyLOznbL-/

Looking forward to playing through this!

• Advertisement

That's a nice bartop, my only change would be a 4:3 screen rather than 16:9
    What Frontend is it running?

Hey man its running on Retro Pie :) 8 thousand games from various systems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up an 8Bitdo receiver for my Snes to see how they hold up, really impressed! Had a NES30 sitting there for a couple of years gathering dust so nice to finally see it get a bit of use.

Just ordered a SFC30 to go along with it now too. So far I can't say I've noticed any lag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Picked up an 8Bitdo receiver for my Snes to see how they hold up, really impressed! Had a NES30 sitting there for a couple of years gathering dust so nice to finally see it get a bit of use.

Just ordered a SFC30 to go along with it now too. So far I can't say I've noticed any lag.

Just missed a SFC30 on Adverts, went for €20.
    They are cracking controllers alright, and they work with the Switch too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just missed a SFC30 on Adverts, went for €20.
    They are cracking controllers alright, and they work with the Switch too!

Aye they're brilliant, the SFC30 feels so right for Shovel Knight.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oooh any idea if it works with the WiiU? I didn't even consider using it with anything other than the an actual snes!

Would love to give Shovel Knight a go with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

While the current firmware for the 8bitdo series supports Windows, Android, Mac, Steam and Switch, the previous firmware in compatible with Wii/WiiU and RetroPi, instead of Switch.
    This video covers how to upgrade/downgrade the controller firmware to suit your needs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sonic Mania arrived this morning, thanks to Atavan for helping with my order, I'd a bit of a hiccup. I'll be moving it around just had it like this for photos. Can't play it yet so I'll just enjoy the figure for now.
    21122619_1977838579101445_3419675726503930582_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=65de5c44f0bf90eaf8dcdcd526210a5c&oe=5A335DD1

Definitely have my eye on a few disk games for the Twin.
    Just trying to stop buying stuff on PSN! It's getting as bad as Steam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Instead of offering a simple picture I decided to do a video of my latest get!

Let me know what you guys think! :)

This bad boy arrived today. I'll probably never wear it but what can you do:D
    EGD0hrGl.jpg

I'm sad to let you all down but... I bought another repro for my Megadrive, this time Panorama Cotton :(
    In my defence I wasn't going to be spending €500+

s-l225.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm sad to let you all down but... I bought another repro for my Megadrive, this time Panorama Cotton :(
    In my defence I wasn't going to be spending €500+

s-l225.jpg

There's a version of that on neo get pocket colour that I'd love to pick up but again it goes for crazy money!

Damn, I have to stay away from retro game stuff on Youtube, it just leads me down a rabbit hole to purchases...
    After watching this
    I now have Arkanoid and the paddle controller on the way from Germany.
    arkanoid-controller-nintendo-famicom-3c92c5b468694e29465069da08965dc7.jpg
    And I should be picking up a weird Megadrive stick
    video-games-champ-explorer-arcade-joystick-controller-for-sega-genesis-3a345e939a815bdae451b5ccfb70704f.jpg
    and a mental N64 arcade stick
    n64-stick-face.jpg
    tomorrow in Drogheda.

And I wonder why I can't move in my gamesroom any more!

Picked them up just now.
    Mad yokes Ted, mad!

The N64 stick is interesting as all heck, and the MD one is a straight repurpose of a NES stick, both quite heavy though, which is a great thing.

edit: The packaging for the MD stick is for both models, NES and MD, with just a little sign on the box that it's a MD stick.
    It's surprisingly heavy as well, and has a pair of unused buttons that, the box assures me, are for future features, presumable from some other timeline.
    But it works nicely, though the stick isn't clicky and all micro-switchy.

The pair cost me €30 and the petrol to Drogheda, so not too bad for a Friday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Donation weekend.
    Got a call from friends, edelry couple, in Kinvara who were moving and sai they had a "few of those playstation games" i'd be welcome to before they toss them in the skip ... ...
    21457739_10155708770288276_8534474734978507974_o.jpg?oh=2c0bc534ec98b8b9b565ce9a580a97f7&oe=5A472016

21557460_10155710905648276_373854107744754262_n.jpg?oh=8f627d1276253e4f0434217076eb8a15&oe=5A48C610

The lady is from the US which explains the PS1 imports... there was a stack on ps2 games and they said they'll look for the "nintendo and sega tapes" as they continue boxing stuff for their move out :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Been a while since ive found something worth showing.

IMG_20170912_143850.jpg

Raiden Project is just stunning, Treasures from the Deep... I remember that from back in the day....

Master of the Universe

Picked up a snes30 this evening - really impressed! Feels exactly like a brand new snes controller. The build quality is excellent. Not noticing any lag whatsoever.

I was looking at a tear down someone did and compared it to a real snes pad, the parts are pretty much identical.

snes_pad.jpg

Also picked up a little unit to house my current 'mini' gaming station. Limited at the moment to the consoles I play the most.

GAMING_STATION.jpg

And last but not least, a game which (for some unknown reason) has dodged my collection for years, Super PunchOut

thumbnail_IMG_20170913_212401455.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just added this to my collection.....

https://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/3do-with-3-games-and-still-in-the-box/13232692

also bought a Acorn Archimede A3000...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BBC-Acorn-A3000-home-computer-/282597213344?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=USmZDFoDwTHgLML73hayKRS1HHg%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Guy said that it showed just a green screen on boot. Connected to my tv, came up displaying supervisor mode, rebooted with the delete key held and the system is fully working....have to remove the battery...also has the 2MB upgraged memory.

Nice 3DO get!!

so, Arkanoid for the Famicom arrived, no paddle controller, not happy.
    I've contacted the seller but it seems the ad itself has changed to reflect the cart only nature of the item.
    It was €20, and the image on the ad was for the item with the controller.

Feck, feck, feck....

Master of the Universe

Can you change the content of an ebay ad after it has already sold? That's a bit dodgy if so!

Either way, I'd be straight to the ebay dispute centre if I were you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

You can change the ad after a sale if there are more items for sale, however the original ad you purchased from should still be viewable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Just back from a couple of weeks in Japan. Didn't really go over looking for anything in particular but happy to get the Neo Geo CD for a good price and a very minty copy of Super Star Wars (one of my favourite games):

428264.jpg

428265.jpg

428266.jpg

428267.jpg

428268.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement