Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

428269.jpg

428271.jpg

428272.jpg

428273.jpg

428274.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

One of these just arrived, an Open Source Scan Converter (OSSC).

428291.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice ! Interested to see how you get on with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I was bringing a load of stuff to the dump , ended up being a bit cheeky and bringing this back with me :
    sony_14.jpg
    Trinitron KV-14M
    Tested it and its working perfectly,had the N64 and Atari 2600 on it and the pictures great.
    So hoping it was just being thrown out as it was sitting in some grannies sitting room for the last 20 years , as opposed to being chucked as it intermittently electrocuted people.
    I've a Philips 21 CRT I need to give away now as I've no room for it ,so I'll post it up later

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

428267.jpg

I have that stick myself, it's a wonderful thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have that stick myself, it's a wonderful thing!

It is indeed. Been using it this evening, really nice stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

so, Arkanoid for the Famicom arrived, no paddle controller, not happy.
    I've contacted the seller but it seems the ad itself has changed to reflect the cart only nature of the item.
    It was €20, and the image on the ad was for the item with the controller.

Feck, feck, feck....
    eBay always side with the buyer, opens dispute, be aware though, they may leave you with a bad feedback as a payback

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reading through it, might be my own damn fault.
    It does say"cartridge".
    I was victim to a n00b reaction of seeing the picture and making an assumption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I was bringing a load of stuff to the dump , ended up being a bit cheeky and bringing this back with me :

One of the local charity shops here had one of them going for a tenner recently. I was very tempted to pick it up. Lovely flat looking Trinitron display on them, I can only imagine the image is great.

sugarman wrote: »
    Not retro but found a copy of Destiny Legendary Edition on PS4 in the local charity shop for €2!

Was worth it for the stand alone game but the codes for the expansions worked too:D

That's incredible.
    Tbh, it's the first thing I redeem and it's surprising that someone played the game without using them, well done!

• Advertisement

Nice when that happens:) I picked up a copy of Alice for XBOX360 recently for a few quid and delighted to find the redeem code for the original game was still valid so two Alice's for the price of one..

I got that Alice voucher too in a pre-owned copy.

Picked up my first PS game in a while today, Pandemonium 2.
    Looks pretty mint as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

21558835_10214607438602457_4219022333462589523_n.jpg?oh=96e6ab387365d818572cc148779cb528&oe=5A3DDF83

Preorder copy of the Sonic Mania Special Collector's Edition Vinyl was waiting for me in the Parcel Motel on Monday just after coming back from Budapest.

Still haven't played it yet but have the download code handy for MP3 / FLAC if anyone wants it!

Picked up my first PS game in a while today, Pandemonium 2.
    Looks pretty mint as well.

FYI
    Pandemonium 2 is sh1t

That's a gorgeous gatefold sleeve!
    Very nice indeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

MrVestek wrote: »
    21558835_10214607438602457_4219022333462589523_n.jpg?oh=96e6ab387365d818572cc148779cb528&oe=5A3DDF83

Preorder copy of the Sonic Mania Special Collector's Edition Vinyl was waiting for me in the Parcel Motel on Monday just after coming back from Budapest.

Still haven't played it yet but have the download code handy for MP3 / FLAC if anyone wants it!
    I ordered the same one but no sign of it yet :l

I ordered the same one but no sign of it yet :l

They're coming in batches I think.

If you ordered within the first few days of the pre-order you should have it already... if not I think the next shipment is end of September.

They're coming in batches I think.

If you ordered within the first few days of the pre-order you should have it already... if not I think the next shipment is end of September.
    Sure that I ordered pretty early. Not worried yet I'll wait til next week and ask about it.

Sure that I ordered pretty early. Not worried yet I'll wait til next week and ask about it.

Did you get it delivered directly or via Parcel Motel?

There have been some breakins lately :(

• Advertisement

I was in Rage this morning, with Cidonalad.
    Picked up Ninja Gaiden for the DS, Test Drive 2 for the SNES and Chuck Rock also for the SNES.
    All for about €26, which isn't too bad.
    Ronan was on counter duties, bloody nice bloke that used to work in GameStop back in the day .

Picked up Ninja Gaiden for the DS, Test Drive 2 for the SNES and Chuck Rock also for the SNES.
    Ronan was on counter duties, bloody nice bloke that used to work in GameStop back in the day .

Ronan is a sound lad alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

worth €100+ on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Pulled my old NES out of the attic. Got this converter to connect it to my LCD monitor:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01KHT1MWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only managed to get a couple of games working, double dragon 3 and mario brothers. Bottle of isopropyl alcohol on the way.

21768174_10214677918364407_8725327425818772531_n.jpg?oh=4f63c091a46bb8a8e6be6c1600be8547&oe=5A575CB1

Picked up a Mega Everdrive X7 last night from a bloke on adverts.

Had a bit of a play with it last night and I really love it... there's something to be said for playing games on original hardware.

Also wanted to modify the MD for 60Hz but could not for the life of me find my soldering station last night... but LITERALLY as I've typed that I know *exactly* where I put it.

Derp.

Did you get it delivered directly or via Parcel Motel?

There have been some breakins lately :(
    Havent used PM in ages, usually DPD now, your man knows me well now, he plays with the dog when I'm signing for stuff lol.
    I just got the email to say it was sent yesterday, they must be following the thread. Jkjk

I just got the email to say it was sent yesterday, they must be following the thread. Jkjk

To be that good takes AGES...

Please wash that controller...

Please wash that controller...

I need to clean most of my retro stuff tbh.

I haven't had a chance to play any of it properly in a few years so they could all do with a good wash / dusting.

The console and controller itself were just given a simple wipe down with a paper towel before I had a bit of a play with them but yeah that CRT and the retro stuff have been sitting in a corner for a few years quietly gathering dust...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just got a crap tonne of great games from Inviere...so many tasty snes titles!.

IMG_20170927_204110663.jpg
    upload images

First time I've properly played Demon Blazon on a real snes and on a CRT. Holy crap, it looks absolutely stunning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement