Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Any of you guys have experience with Sony LMDs? They're the LCD successor to the PVM.

Interesting thing is they come in 4:3. Just picked up a 20 inch one with a flight case as a matter of interest.

Pictures or GTFO!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Pictures or GTFO!

Will do as soon as it arrives! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Cloud-Amiibo.jpg

Picked these up when travelling last week :)

Master of the Universe

Will do as soon as it arrives! ;)

So my Sony LMD arrived in parcel motel as an oversized package -27kg with the flight case :o woops!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The flight case probably added... a lot to the shipping weight of that item!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Let us know how that LMD works out. I've been on the fence about them for a while now.

Master of the Universe

Yeah I haven't seen one in person yet, so am a little bit on edge with how the picture is going to look. 4:3 20 inch monitor with a native 640X480 seems like it may have some potential.

Here's the lad I bought it from anyway in case anyone fancies a look. He has another 5 left. Seems to be an AV liquidator so they're at a better price than normal.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-LMD-2010-Colour-LCD-monitor-with-flight-case/263107902844?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

That's the 2010 model, the board on the back is mainly RGB via BNC connectors. There's a 2020 model that has an expanded board with a VGA input, seems to go for a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

So my Sony LMD arrived in parcel motel as an oversized package -27kg with the flight case :o woops!

Ouch, how much do PM charge?
    Parcel Wizard would charge €10 plus 70cent per kilo over 20kg, so you'd be looking at €14.50 + the original €3.85 still not bad to get 27kg from the UK to Ireland

Master of the Universe

Parcel Motel only charged me €7 total for the full 27kg :o

Edit - just checked to be double sure, yeah, so €7 in total. That includes the 3.95 standard parcel motel charge. So the additional 17kg cost 3.05.

I did just opt for home delivery as I'm not in a position to pick it up from the depot, that cost an additional 7.95.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

That's good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Parcel Motel only charged me €7 total for the full 27kg :o

Edit - just checked to be double sure, yeah, so €7 in total. That includes the 3.95 standard parcel motel charge. So the additional 17kg cost 3.05.

I did just opt for home delivery as I'm not in a position to pick it up from the depot, that cost an additional 7.95.

Nice, how much was the shipping to the NI address by the seller?

Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Nice, how much was the shipping to the NI address by the seller?

That part was expensive unfortunately, the seller would only use a courier. Which clocked in at £28.

I guess comparatively its not bad for the weight - Last week I had to return a pair of boots to amazon in the UK and it was €33 standard post :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Last week I had to return a pair of boots to amazon in the UK and it was €33 standard post :eek:

In case you didn't know, You can send parcels with Parcel Motel. http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/#prices-send

Send from a Parcel Motel to the UK* (UK Mainland) Small €14.50 Medium €15.50 Large €16.50

Master of the Universe

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    In case you didn't know, You can send parcels with Parcel Motel. http://www.parcelmotel.com/prices/#prices-send

Send from a Parcel Motel to the UK* (UK Mainland) Small €14.50 Medium €15.50 Large €16.50

Thanks! I didn't realise you could send to the UK now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Whats the picture on it like so?

I have a good few projects i want to get on after my wedding. I'd really like to build a scaled down GnG cab. One of those monitors could be the right lad for the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

An Post have a returnpal service now as well. Thinks it's only €4 to return stuff to uk.

Anyway, first retro get in an age - a box of amiga games.
    Skid marks boxed
    Superski 2 boxed
    Zeewolf boxed
    Tactics manager2 boxed
    Alien breed 2
    First Samuri
    Midnight Resistance boxed
    Assassin boxed
    Power play cruiser joystick (£10.99 on original receipt)
    And the box for an amiga 500 memory upgrade

Do not have an amiga though

Edit: skid marks and midnight resistance are empty boxes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Whats the picture on it like so?

I have a good few projects i want to get on after my wedding. I'd really like to build a scaled down GnG cab. One of those monitors could be the right lad for the job

Ghost N Goblins or Ghouls N Ghosts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Ah ghouls and ghosts for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Ah ghouls and ghosts for me.

Prefer Ghouls N Ghosts too

Master of the Universe

Think I'm developing a problem, just bought an LMD-230W monitor with a processor board. :D

Got it for super cheap (48 GBP) as apparently there are some pink tinges around the edges from pressure (seems to show when the image is white)

I mainly wanted it for the processor controller unit as I can connect it up to the LMD 2010. (and potentially PVMs and BVMs I think?) so was a steal at that price for the board alone. Will see how the monitor looks once it arrives.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-MEU-WX2-processor-HD-SDI-ENABLED-LMD-230W-monitor-has-display-issues/401416774360?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Advertisement

That part was expensive unfortunately, the seller would only use a courier. Which clocked in at £28.

They want £30 now :eek: gonna see if they would ship direct to Dublin with the same method

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

A Snes mini.
    And
    A ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Picked this up today. Never played through the PS2 games so should be good.

https://instagram.com/p/BaXafQonXXu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not retro related but decided to get myself an early Christmas present.

22519677_10214846540339851_5665873103861591145_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=737b2b997dde6eae864d3e531c743938&oe=5A6F84AB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Inviere wrote: »
    Nice! 4K gaming?

Mainly got it to drive the OSVR headset that I have.

The main monitor the PC is connected to can only do 1080i max :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Got a few NES games...

Got a 3.8mm bit piece to open the carts as well.

IMAG1189.jpg

Think I'm developing a problem, just bought an LMD-230W monitor with a processor board. :D

Got it for super cheap (48 GBP) as apparently there are some pink tinges around the edges from pressure (seems to show when the image is white)

I mainly wanted it for the processor controller unit as I can connect it up to the LMD 2010. (and potentially PVMs and BVMs I think?) so was a steal at that price for the board alone. Will see how the monitor looks once it arrives.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-MEU-WX2-processor-HD-SDI-ENABLED-LMD-230W-monitor-has-display-issues/401416774360?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

How goes the LMD?

Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    How goes the LMD?

It's still sitting in a flight case out in my folks house waiting to be picked up :eek:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

LMD 2010 just landed in the apartment, really beautiful build quality.

The flight case itself is something to marvel at :D When I opened it to take the monitor out, there's even one of those little flat trolly things with wheels - no wonder it was so heavy!

Only able to run composite into it at the moment (turns out my RGB to BNC cable is broken) but so far all is working. Impossible to play composite on it as the dot crawl is so bad, but that's to be expected. At least I managed to check out the response time though, 2ms so I can't notice any lag so far.

The resolution is great, I've a feeling it's really going to look fantastic once I manage to get some kind of scaler with scanlines going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement