Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Balls, so it turns out, the LMD 2010 syncs over green and the cable I'm trying to get it to work with doesn't have this option (needs the BNC Sync input directly)

The Sony MEU-WX2 I have on the way has an ex sync input though, so that should connect up and allow for all the inputs I need.

Going to mess about with it a bit more this evening (only really had 5 minutes with it after it arrived yesterday) so we'll see if there are any other workarounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Try a ps2, dvd playback defaults to sync on green

Master of the Universe

Try a ps2, dvd playback defaults to sync on green

No PS2 DVD image either unfortunately.

Tried that cable again with the PVM and no image there over RGB either - have a feeling a borked cable is screwing up my testing. If it was just a sync issue then surely I'd get some kind of image appearing at least.

Will wait to see how Kerbdog fares!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

o1s1n wrote: »

Tried that cable again with the PVM and no image there over RGB either - have a feeling a borked cable is screwing up my testing. If it was just a sync issue then surely I'd get some kind of image appearing at least.

I was waiting to hear fantastic things from you/yours before I bought one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »

Whip out your multimeter and test for continuity between the plugs at both ends of the cable.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I was waiting to hear fantastic things from you/yours before I bought one :)

Haha! ah I see - well I've ordered a new scart to BNC cable so we'll see how that goes.

Was playing around with composite via a Famicom last night and I was totally off on my previous summary of dot crawl. I think the backgrounds moving in Castlevania threw me off. It actually has a super steady composite image.

On the down side, it doesn't do 240p. So is upscaling to 480p.
    Doge wrote: »
    Whip out your multimeter and test for continuity between the plugs at both ends of the cable.

The lazy part of me decided to just buy a new cable instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Picked up a few bits at the con the weekend.

Seller up there called "Retro Ralphie", really nice girl running it. Prices were pretty good too. They have a website, I must take a proper look through and see what's there

www.retroralph.ie

https://www.instagram.com/p/BamtinOBolt/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just grabbed this bargain when I seen it pop up on adverts.

http://www.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/boxed-phantasy-star-top-sega-mega-cartridge-game-for-sale-here/14080249?notification=dc4322386720e06b6bcf5a80f432ac30-1508938864

Sad to say that I have only ever played it on an emulator, so will be good to fire up the master system and have something to play for the long weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks like Ollie has a competitor for best gets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

22814419_10214912916119204_9167026387779483061_n.jpg?oh=5c76ca8475aceb37e48b88382368dcc7&oe=5A67AA48

So I caved and got a Nintendo Switch.

Didn't wanna drop all the cash on it straight away so "bought" it on credit from my Littlewoods account.

Mainly so that I can play Sonic Mania on the bus to / from work every day.

Had a quick bash of Zelda last night and it's pretty good... looking forward to being able to put some proper time into it soon.

I'll also be picking up Mario Odyssey later today.

• Advertisement

Get Shovel Knight for it.. There is a sale on currently on the estore as well.

I'm just waiting to play Skyrim (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Get Shovel Knight for it.. There is a sale on currently on the estore as well.

I'm just waiting to play Skyrim (again)

Installed Skyrim on my PC last year and still haven't given it a bash. Don't think I'll be picking it up for this either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Looks like Ollie has a competitor for best gets!

:eek: whaa... ... I ... er....

IT'S ON!!!
    tumblr_ol900gNfkC1u501aoo1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Far from retro but sharing anyway.
    I had a psn account before but hadn't added many people, any regulars wanna swap usernames?
    23120011_2007790546106248_957363872704719776_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=4208d651ebced89a5dada6266ef73001&oe=5A6F5F01

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

1ynsbd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

1ynsbd.jpg
    Love it! :pac: Atavan also a fan of white consoles too. You don't see the dust as fast.
    Just luck it wasn't black I got it second hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

#blackPS4smatter !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

This makes PC Master Race sound a bit more sinister.

Master of the Universe

The KKK/Nazi ghost in Kid Dracula shares his approval of this message.

kiddracula.jpg

If I'm going to mess up an in-game boss making it a white supremacist only makes it's defeat sweeter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If I'm going to mess up an in-game boss making it a white supremacist only makes it's defeat sweeter.

Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is great :D

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Wolfenstein: The New Colossus is great :D

Surely its just another AvP clone ?

:D

Surely its just another AvP clone ?

:D

Jaysus, don't start that again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Need to throw up photo but my latest get (think I posted a photo on the C64 Mini thread) is what looks like a Bread-bin C64, but the main board is really a C64C.

C64 Bits/mods now done;
    - All capacitors replaced
    - Now has a 'no cable' version of the SD2IEC floppy drive emulator using an SDCard
    - JiffyDOS ROM, means turbo loading of software from the SD2IEC - none of that waiting around lark!
    - A MixSID - allowing me to have both type of SID chips installed, 6581 (old/original) and a 8580 (new) so those SID tunes sound 'better' kinda :)
    - Coming soon! - a wifi 'modem' :) never did play around with BBS when I was younger, and the second season of Halt and Catch Fire got me interested

Also got a Spectrum 48k from Ciderman, with some fixes done too.
    - All capacitors replaced
    - SMART Card V2 Spectrum Interface allowing the loading of SNA files from a MicroSD card.
    - Main power regulator replaced so it doesn't heat up like a cooker
    - New keyboard membrane and keyboard faceplate installed
    - Cheap inline power switch, so no need to keep removing the DC power cable to reset it :)

Haven't had as much fun tinkering with computer hardware in ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Got a few NES games recently.

Looking forward to playing batman, never played it before but reviews suggest it's pretty solid.

Never played probotector before, contra seems to show up in every single top 10 NES list.

Shadowgate has a save batter which I've never noticed on any other games I've seen before. Checked a list of games with save batteries and turns out pirates! has one, which I have but just never noticed.

IMAG1210.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Picked up this lot last week for €50.

eexl0d8.jpg

(Not the TV, I already had that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just got a mega drive and mega cd both model 1's.
    But the mega cd will not power on at all.

Has anyone any trouble shooting tips to figure out whats wrong with it?

Check the edge connector, seems that is the problem with mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

DinoRex wrote: »
    Picked up this lot last week for €50.

I still don't own a +2.

Some good games there, loved 2 player Rampage, Jim Bagley's tour de force Cabal. Oh, and Cobra, which is just, erm, well, plain odd.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Check the edge connector, seems that is the problem with mine.

Are you positive on that? I mean, it worked perfectly before going into storage, & wouldn't boot up on leaving it. Doesn't seem much could happen an edge connector while in a box in the attic :o Unless there was a damaged trace, and all the heat/cold cycles just took their toll? Regardless, a damaged trace/edge connector should be a relatively simply fix :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement