Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I still don't own a +2.

Some good games there, loved 2 player Rampage, Jim Bagley's tour de force Cabal. Oh, and Cobra, which is just, erm, well, plain odd.

I like it because it's the same machine featured in Stories Untold:

stories-untold.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Are you positive on that? I mean, it worked perfectly before going into storage, & wouldn't boot up on leaving it. Doesn't seem much could happen an edge connector while in a box in the attic :o Unless there was a damaged trace, and all the heat/cold cycles just took their toll? Regardless, a damaged trace/edge connector should be a relatively simply fix :)

Kerbdog assured me it appeared to be so... right up to the point he was distracted by some shiny thing and then the device began it's languish in a pile in his man cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Kerbdog assured me it appeared to be so... right up to the point he was distracted by some shiny thing and then the device began it's languish in a pile in his man cave.

Could either be the edge connector OR the fuses on the power board within the SegaCD unit. I've replaced the fuses in Ciderman's SegaCD and still nothing until I connected the Megadrive&SegaCD without the SegaCD case, when I moved it different angles it would work so I think its down to the edge connector unless someone has another idea.
    That or the funky multi bios install. That additional wiring wasn't the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    That additional wiring wasn't the best.

Possibly my second ever mod :o

• I really didn't know there is a Cobra game :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Inviere wrote: »
    Possibly my second ever mod :o

That would explain that so.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That would explain that so.... ;)

stock-photo-crazy-inventor-with-soldering-iron-382650724.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I really didn't know there is a Cobra game :)

Watch the out for the killer baby buggys and rocket launcher toting ladies. :pac:

An odd one from the late Joffa Smith.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Checked edge connectors etc still no power seems to be going to the machine. Will replace the fuse and fingers crossed its the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I understand I'm a couple of months late with this but I was very reluctant to pay that price for it. I caved in as I'm trying to keep up my collection, and this was a very nice get in the end. This is my first and final copy of Super Play I'll ever own :P

Retro Gamer #172 & Super Play #48

X0GEtGih.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I really didn't know there is a Cobra game :)

You're a disease...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Buying damn foreign 3DS games!
    It's a sign!
    A sign that... you're never coming back!!
    NOOoooo!!!

Picked up a PC Engine as until now I only had a TurboGrafx.

M92jSYw.jpg

Not retro but my copy of Everyone's Gone to the Rapture OST arrived this morning, and lovely it is too.
    I'm a big fan of that style of game, seeing it as a natural extension to the idea of a radio play, that game in particular.
    So, my work here, whipping sick staff into shape benefits from the sung fantasy of making them all disappear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got the Sonic pixel pals light, its so so cute
    23905289_10214669617555592_1335853832543776890_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3600756244db7f00401569ff9e55af15&oe=5AA2F118

Annnnd I just discovered the tiny switch on the side of the Turbo Everdrive that lets me use it on the PC Engine.... Still need to get a controller though.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Annnnd I just discovered the tiny switch on the side of the Turbo Everdrive that lets me use it on the PC Engine.... Still need to get a controller though.

You can build an adaptor, there's plans for same out there on the interweb.
    That's how I'm using my Micomsoft stick with my TG16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

23915661_10215158591620938_5696488130406170058_n.jpg?oh=05e18a781337c63d5b72376e137b46e1&oe=5AA37645

I got a thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

just received my v9990 accelerator for my MSX(s) to bring it into the 90s levels of power and play me some Myth and Dragons

24067776_10155941671548276_7196044177325496307_n.jpg?oh=a0d446a040c45397d7da8c4d19abd160&oe=5AD34B28

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nothing too exciting to look at, but just picked up one of these.
    Thank feck for China and it's cheap ass products as they were fairly expensive from other sources.

HDMI to SDI converter. I'll be able to run HDMI consoles into this and it'll output SDI, which I can then run into the HD-SDI board on the LMD.

71kOB6LSA8L._SY355_.jpg

Cool thing about SDI is that it runs over coaxial cables. You can actually run the video signal crazy far, over something like 100 metres. Just in case I need to put my overheating 360 down in the carpark :eek:

I got this! I don't really remember ordering it or know anything about it. I barely even have a Megadrive.

kx0oZGRl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I got this last week.

30ixq3o.jpg

just arrived today. good bit of work to restore it back to a pacman but it should be a cool new project :)
    24774937_10155964104728276_1274220427904669310_n.jpg?oh=74316a3bfd52679cbd60937f95e960cb&oe=5A9B69FF

Looks great, what sort of game is it?

kind of a mix between ghost and goblins and kung fu master, only nowhere as enjoyable and ugly as F...
    it's a bit rare though but I really want to re-convert the cab back to a pacman cabaret

Cool! Did it come from the US?

• Advertisement

yep. one of those coinopwharehouse mass discount events for $120 . got it shipped in one of RGP's containers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement